• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

State of Hawks fans...........................

Vol4ever

Guest Walter

Quote:

To even think that Brandon Roy is at or will ever be at the level of JJ is foolish...I would definitely take Anthony Johnson and Joe Johnson at my guard spots before I took Chris Paul and Brandon Roy.

Let's be clear here, the JJ deal will likely cost us a top 6 pick this year, but anyhow.

Brandon Roy is better than JJ at this point in their respective careers. I might take JJ for his "iron man" status but the fact is Roy is ahead of him now and will be as good as he is later suggest the closest of margins. It's not even close when you find yourself insisting that AJ>CP3. AJ isn't even in the same universe as CP3. The worst part is, KB, Y-O-U formerly stated that a Roy and JJ backcourt would be ideal and that Roy was a "perfect backcourt compliment to JJ". You "HATED" SW and thought he "was not a BK-type" player.

Now look at you! You can't but trash Roy because your "loyalties" got you all twisted up into lies, lies, and more lies to defend BK. Your behavior is so unethical and pathetic that I legitimately fear for your future patient's care as a medical professional and pity you. If all it takes for you to turn your back on reason and right is loyalty to a wrong-headed ego GM, your patients don't stand a chance.

KB, I don't like going here but it's obvious your loyalties long left the Hawk franchise and now prefer the BK-sanchez. You lie for BK, flip/flop for and against players based upon BK's draft decisions, you insist BK's NEVER made a mistake ever, and make outlandish player comparison claims to "support" his pathetic tenure. Consider following BK on his way out.

W

Quote:

Brandon Roy is better than JJ at this point in their respective careers.

W

I would like Paul/Roy backcourt rather than AJ/JJ backcort, but that statment that Roy is better than JJ is just DUMB AS [censored]!!

JJ was putting those numbers on a championship team being a 4th option that Roy is putting on a bad team being a 1 or 2 option.

JJ>>>>ROY

pillepalle.gif

also Roy has a proven scorer in Zach Randolph 21 and 10. He has a pg in Jack and Sergio better than all of our pg's combined.

I wonder how would Roy do being doubled and tripled teamed amd your only off threat is Jsmoove averaging about 13ppg on 42% fg.

Walter you make me break my [censored] comp wih some of your statements. smack.gif

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

Brandon Roy is better than JJ
at this point in their respective careers.

W

I would like Paul/Roy backcourt rather than AJ/JJ backcort, but that statment that Roy is better than JJ is just DUMB AS [censored]!!

JJ was putting those numbers on a championship team being a 4th option that Roy is putting on a bad team being a 1 or 2 option.

JJ>>>>ROY

pillepalle.gif

...or maybe it should read at the same point in their careers.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Brandon Roy is better than JJ at this point in their respective careers.

what the hell....brandon roy is not better than jj..maybe in a year or 2 but not now. o my goodness im negatively flabergasted by your statement

He meant Roy is better as a rookie than JJ was as a rookie. I doubt Roy becomes better than JJ though.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Utah didn't turn over 100% of their roster in less than a year's time. Neither did the Braves.

OK KB, maybe that statement should tell you something!

Utah's last year with Stockton and Malone was the 2002-03 season.

That year the top 8 players in minutes over the season were:

Karl Malone

Matt Harpring

Andrei Kirilenko

John Stockton

Calbert Cheaney

Scott Padget

Greg Ostertag

Mark Jackson

For 2003-04 the top 8 players were:

Andrei Kirilenko

Raja Bell

Carlos Arroyo

Deshawn Stevenson

Raul Lopez

Greg Ostertag

Jarron Collins

Aleksandar Pavlovic

For 2004-05 the top 8 players were:

Matt Harpring

Mehmet Okur

Carlos Boozer

Raja Bell

Gordan Giricek

Andrei Kirilenko

Keith McLeod

Howard Eisley

The turnover for the Hawks was bigger (although they didn't turnover the entire roster from one season to another) but there is only one core player that Utah retained through today - Kirilenko.