• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The truth about the Hawks.

Diesel

Quote:

I've really never seen Solomon get a chance on the block. He's played like 200 minutes? If he got to start and play 40 minutes, who knows? You're probably right. I've just not seen enough of him. It's not like our guards are concerned with trying to get it in the post, anyway. They half-heartedly look at the post and the guy usually gives up. A coach has to demand that the ball go into the post. Our's doesn't.

Honestly Solomon's lack of minutes is the #1 reason why I can't stand Woody right now. Out of all the things he does that one gets me the most.

In one of the few Hawks games I've seen this year, I saw Solomon with a KG-like shoulder fake and spin around towards the basket.

That was clearly a flash of greatness in Solomon. Some look at him as a guy who's done progressing because they look at his age, but the man is 23 not 33. He's still got plenty of time to develop a post game with the right amount of work put into it in the off-season and with some decent minutes to improve in a game.

It's no fluke those numbers he put up before the draft. That man has some friggin athleticism for a 6'10 guy. There is a whole lot of untapped potential that will never be realized if he doesn't get to play.

I know this was a wasted year for him but at the least he could gain about 10-15 pounds before October.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

I like Solomon a lot. I think the kid will be a very good off the bench player next year.

But he doesn't belong in the same sentence, poor man or not, as Greg Oden.

I'll add that with his length and athleticism he can be starter in the future and even a potential impact player for this team. That said, I totally agree with TP's sentiment here.

Quote:

I like Solomon a lot. I think the kid will be a very good off the bench player next year.

But he doesn't belong in the same sentence, poor man or not, as Greg Oden.

Ok well dropping the Oden comparison. IMO, I think Solo could be a legit 5 in the league with 30 pounds of added weight.

WIth 30 more pounds of muscle (which is really not that much on his long frame) he could hold his own against the very few big men left in this league and that long wingspan of his and leaping ability would make up for the lack of a couple inches in height.

Actually his height is really the size of the forward playing center of the future.

But he def needs to add the weight.

LOL...I love when guys say things like they gained 30 pounds of muscle in the offseason. They don't get it...those kinds of gains don't happen.

I would be happy as well with a 15 pound gain for Sol. If Woody had played Sol all year it would really have helped for next year. I love it when I hear Levenson talk about his player development. Woody doesn't develop jack.

• Premium Member

No I'm not spreading any myths. I said that he doesn't have a defined offensive move that he can hit with CONSISTENCY

When you talk about GREAT Centers or even Centers who can lead their teams, that CONSISTENCY becomes important.

• Premium Member

If all you do is dunk on 6'9 Centers who weigh 220 lbs.. sure you will have a high FG%... That doesn't mean you have a consistent offense... or at least not one that translates to consistency in the pros...

More interesting and telling is the fact that he shoots 63% from the free throw line.

• Premium Member

What do you do like Bill Gates?

Do you own anything?

Do you manage anything?

Please don't tell me it's just because you're a geek or something!

Now, if you had a small software company that you built from other peoples efforts and you were giving some of your money to Charity, then you could talk.

It's not like I'm saying that Speedy is a poor man's Oden. Get a damn grip would you. You're only making yourself look stupid.

Quote:

Quote:

More interesting and telling is the fact that he shoots 63% from the free throw line.

He shoots 63% with his left hand. Oden is right handed.

If you post 100 times that Oden was playing one handed most of the season Diesel still won't get it.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I'll add that with his length and athleticism he can be starter in the future and even a potential impact player for this team.

Exactly the reasons Diesel's favorite Hawk, SW, cannot be a starter in this league.

I believe SJ best position may be Pf, however. I just can't see him putting on much weight.

W

Quote:

LOL...I love when guys say things like they gained 30 pounds of muscle in the offseason. They don't get it...those kinds of gains don't happen.

I would be happy as well with a 15 pound gain for Sol. If Woody had played Sol all year it would really have helped for next year. I love it when I hear Levenson talk about his player development. Woody doesn't develop jack.

I said over 2 years. If you don't think an NBA player that is 6'10 can gain 30 pounds in 2 years with their personal gym and chef, they you are overestimating how difficult it is to put on that much weight.

• Premium Member

Actually, my favorite Hawk playing is Josh Smith. Followed by Chillz. Then JJ. I think Shelden is like 5th.

Who's yours Walter.

Oh Yeah, that's right... You don't like any of the Hawks!!

Guest Walter

Quote:

...I think Shelden is like 5th...Who's yours Walter.

Oh Yeah, that's right... You don't like any of the Hawks!!

Diesel, you're obviously a much better fan than anyone of us this year if liking the decision to draft players who aren't living up to their draft potential is the criteria. Diesel wins "fan of the year" for lauding BK's decision to draft SW over Roy! KB won "fan of the year" last year for lieing and flip/flopping over Roy and SW to defend BK last year. It takes a "great fan" to sacrifice personal integrity and withold critical thought over a GM's decision. You're in the best of company now Diesel. The transformation from Diesel to KNB21 continues.

BTW, I like Batista, then JS...but always franchise first. Nobody is more important than this team contending and if it meant trading JS or even (gulp) Batista to contend, then so be it. But you didn't really care who I like. You're just an SOB who as always can't win an argument so he has to lash out with the unpatriotic fan bullshit.

W

What is it you like so much about SW? Is it his stiff body? His lack of any discernible offensive game? Is it his slow foot speed that lets his man blow by him faster than a speeding bullet? Is it his unbelievable lack of being able to block a shot or intimidate in the paint? Is it a combo of all of the above?

Tell us please. This should be interesting. This is like the equivalent of defending Rosie O'Donnell's hot body. Go for it.