• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The truth about the Hawks.

Diesel

Quote:

You say Solomon can't gain any more weight but I bet you he was even skinnier than he is now when he first got to South Florida.

Wrong.

What he is saying is that Solomon has done a lot of lifting just to get to where he is now. So expecting another 30 pounds of muscle is ridiculous.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Actually you have your greatest potential for growth when you first begin to lift weights.

Exactly, I agree. My point is that at 22 he has inevitably been lifting for 4 years. College players basically have access to world class gyms also, weights are weights. THe hawks nutritionists might be a little better, but at the end of the day, if he had the drive and body to get buff, there would be signs by now. Most guys who are going to bulk up show signs around 18-19 when they first start lifting regularly, college or pros. I would bet that there's no way he can put on more than 10 lbs this summer.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

As a bodybuilder I know that your body doesn't really reach maturity in terms of muscle growth until your late 20's and early 30's. This is why most Mr. Olympias are guys in their mid 30's.

That isn't the main reason. The main reason is that building muscle is a slow process, and building the type of muscle mass needed for competition takes many years. A guy who is 22 hasnt had the time to put on the mass needed for the top competitions.

Tell that to Phil Heath.

He is 28 and obviously steroids make a difference.

Shaq had started to bulk up and was WAAAAAAAY bigger than Solo as a rookie obviously. Same for Karl. Kemp came in out of high school.

Not sure about Pip or Kersey.

I honestly can't think of anyone who did 4 full years of college (in the modern era when all teams lift), came in as skinny as Solomon, and then put on 10-15 lbs in a summer. Feel free to end this argument by naming one but I doubt you can.

Quote:

Quote:

Actually you have your greatest potential for growth when you first begin to lift weights.

Exactly, I agree. My point is that at 22 he has inevitably been lifting for 4 years. College players basically have access to world class gyms also, weights are weights. THe hawks nutritionists might be a little better, but at the end of the day, if he had the drive and body to get buff, there would be signs by now. Most guys who are going to bulk up show signs around 18-19 when they first start lifting regularly, college or pros. I would bet that there's no way he can put on more than 10 lbs this summer.

He can't if he trains like basketball player normally do. I would watch basketball players in college and they'd be throwing around 135 benches and 135 squats, and do some calf raises and then call it a day. If he followed a bodybuilders regimine, he could be a Dwight Howard clone by the time the season started. Have you seen the comedian Carrot top lately? He is jacked...lol

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fitshow.htm

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

As a bodybuilder I know that your body doesn't really reach maturity in terms of muscle growth until your late 20's and early 30's. This is why most Mr. Olympias are guys in their mid 30's.

That isn't the main reason. The main reason is that building muscle is a slow process, and building the type of muscle mass needed for competition takes many years. A guy who is 22 hasnt had the time to put on the mass needed for the top competitions.

Tell that to Phil Heath.

He is 28 and obviously steroids make a difference.

No doubt, and genetics as well. But Heath went from being a pg at Colorado, to the overall winner in the N. Colorado NPC show in less than a year. Steroids help a lot, but they don't help that much. Dude put some work in. And I doubt if he had the financial means to buy gear right out of college.

• Premium Member

First: Rony Seikely. He came out of Syracuse about 6'10 230...(like Solomon) in the middle of his 2nd year he was 6'10 245... I would have guessed 255.

2nd: I don't know if you would accept this one but Pau Gasol. He's no longer the skinny kid drafted Third.

There are some others that come to mind, but I'm not 100% sure of the weights.

• 1 year later...

Our strength coach sucks *ss. I bet i can out lift all our players. Our big men are weak. JJ has no explosiveness when he jumps or attacks the basket. Just terrible. Marvin and Acie has back injuries for no dam reason. Come on, what are these dudes doing during the offseason.