• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If we get the #1 pick in the draft........

dakast

• Premium Member

Quote:

First it was.... Howard has improved in every category every year. Then... Howard has improved in every category while improving his efficiency every year. Now it is .... Howards total efficiency has improved every year ( no mention of categories).

You remind me of another poster who shall remain nameless.

Actually efficiency takes into account ALL categories, guess you didn't realize that.

And what does it matter WHEN I looked it up, it still helps Howards case. Just because I didn't say it at the beginning of the thread, the point is not valid?? What a horrible analysis.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

You said yourself that this was Howards first year as the go to guy and that he gets the ball every time down the floor. The result is an improvement of less than 2 ppg and skyrocketing turnovers.

And again we keep getting back to the skills, or lack thereoff. You keep pointing to numbers while refusing to address skills, which is what my original argument was about anyway.

You said yourself that Howard was probably the best physical specimen in the league.
So why does he average only 17.5 ppg?
it is his teamates fault of course.

Maybe because he's 21? He's constantly doubled? It's his first season as the goto option? He has no PG?

Whatever lack of skills you think he has, I'll take 17.5 and 12.3 on 60% any time.

Man stop being so friggin dense. You still refuse to address the actual point.

The fact is that Howards skills are NOT 3 years ahead of Oden. he is certainly more athletic but Howards actual SKILLS aren't even average. He can't make a shot outside 5 feet, can't shoot from the line, turns it over way too much and is a poor passer. Those are FACTS.

And it is ridicuous how you continually blame a players weaknesses on their teamates. You did that with Iverson, whose team won 7 straight games without him for the first time in years.

Orlando's pg was the CPOY and is easily better than anyone we have. Actually Arroyo is also probably better than anyone we have.

Quote:

It's also funny that you only address the points that you 'think' you have the edge on, letting the ones where I punked your arguments go to waste, acting as if they never happened.

That is because your "points" have no relevance to the topic, which is ARE HOWARDS SKILLS 3 YEARS AHEAD OF ODEN?

Howards body is 3 years ahead of Oden but his skills aren't.

• Premium Member

Quote:

That is because your "points" have no relevance to the topic, which is ARE HOWARDS SKILLS 3 YEARS AHEAD OF ODEN?

I was merely responding to what you said. I never brought up KG or Duncan.

Quote:

Actually Howard's body is 2 years ahead.

Quote:

Quote:

I was merely responding to what you said. I never brought up KG or Duncan.

Quote:

Actually Howard's body is 2 years ahead.

Yet another post where you refuse to address Howards actual skills. What a suprise.

• Premium Member

Quote:

You still refuse to address the actual point.

The fact is that Howards skills are NOT 3 years ahead of Oden.

lol I got your point. But I didn't make that claim, which is why I'm not defending it.

Quote:

Orlando's pg was the CPOY and is easily better than anyone we have. Actually Arroyo is also probably better than anyone we have.

lmao at CPOY, what does that have to do with the NBA. Arroyo is complete TRASH, ask any Orlando fan. Being better than anyone we have isn't saying much. Besides, our OVERALL TEAM is MILES better than Orlando's outside of Dwight (And yes, I've already said this earlier in the thread).

Quote:

You did that with Iverson, whose team won 7 straight games without him for the first time in years.

Sigh, guess I'm gonna have to let this quote see the light again.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just find threads like these funny because its so filled with clueless clowns.

But hey it doesnt matter that 9/15 of the games that AI played in philly were against teams above .500 Or that 10/15 of those games were on the road against teams like phoenix, detroit and cleveland. Or you know that we had the worst first season half schedule out of every team in the league. 22 of the first 33 games were on the road.

But hey, lets ignore these intriguing facts! Iverson's a ball hog! I mean philly is just coasting through these competitive teams like the hawks and celtics!

What about last season? AI had his team in 1st place for part of the season and when he went down they dropped out of the playoffs.

So i guess Philly didn't have any easy stretches in their schedule last year, or the year before.

When was the last time they won 7 straight?

If Iverson's supporting cast was as bad as you made it out to be they couldn't have won 7 str8 regardless of how easy their schedule was.

And Nelson had a big year last year, especially after Francis left.

• Premium Member

Quote:

So i guess Philly didn't have any easy stretches in their schedule last year, or the year before.

When was the last time they won 7 straight?

I'm not going to look up the stats on it because I'm not getting into an Iverson debate right now, but I'm sure they've won 6 of 7, and ONE game in between made the difference (which could have been a great team). I'm not sure, but I'd have to look everything up, and I don't feel like doing it.

Quote:

And Nelson had a big year
last year
, especially after Francis left.

Great point..