• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Are Woody and Billy Finished?

TexasPete

Quote:

Quote:

Let's not forget the Terry for Walker trade, and subsequently Walker for a trashbag. Also killing any cap we had by those stupid signings and the completely pointless AJ trade.

Both should go, but BK is worse.

You do know that the Terry for Walker trade enabled us to not only get about 14 million off the books, but also gave us an extra 1st round pick.

The money and the pick was used to get Joe Johnson here.

If it wasn't for the prospect of paying him that extra 8 million to give him that first year salary of 20 million, Phoenix probably matches the deal. But because we pulled a "jack move" like that, Phoenix blinked, and we got JJ.

As good as JJ is it still is hard to call the trade to acquire him as some great coup by the Hawks since they have won so few games during his two years with the team.

The jury is still out on that trade. If Phoenix gets a player with that pick and Rondo develops it would be hard to argue that the Hawks would not be better off with Diaw/Rondo/Horford (for example) then with just JJ and Sheldon.

Quote:

To draft MW when the entire world KNEW that you needed a point guard in a point guard loaded draft should be grounds for dismissal. That's a draft where we'll be looking back on it ten years from now and wonder why he wasn't fired the second after stepping off the podium. We wouldn't be waiting/praying/hoping for MW to come out of his shell and become a player; we'd already have one. If BK would've had his ish together, the Hawks wouldn't have $13 million commmitted to FOUR BACKUP POINT GUARDS NOW
banghead.gif
. And that's just ONE of his picks, folks. I would go down the SW road but its too congested with traffic right now for me to bother. As for Childress, he is a good role player and 6th man but as I've stated a million times, you don't draft role players to come off the bench with the 6th pick; you draft for starter material (i.e. Deng/Iguodala).

If given the choice to fire just one of them, the first one off the island would be BK by a landslide.

I mean people forget that Childress was 1st team all american and Pac-10 player of the year. HIS FREAKING PICTURE WAS ON A VIDEO GAME. It wan't like he was some stiff coming out of college. He is a solid player.

Quote:

Although the ASG clearly don't appear very astute when it comes to judging the performance of their coach or GM, it is becoming very clear that both of these gentlemen need to hit the road. Although Smith's actions were not very professional, it was the result of Woody calling the same garbage for T-Lue all night. The fact that Lue had a "good" game is beside the point because the dude monopolizes the ball and we became stagnant. Smith was frustrated because of our offensive stupidity. I think last night sealed Woodson's fate or it should have anyway.

We all know that BK has never drafted the best player and the Shelden pick was just stupid. So, is BK fired as he should be?

Taking into account the entire ownership mess what is the general consensus on BK and/or Woodson getting fired?

The ASG would absolutely blow me away if the canned one or both of them. I want BK gone now! I want Woody gone Yesterday! Mike Woodson is the the biggest no talent, no resume hack that I have ever seen coach. His record speaks for itself. Hehas like the 2nd or 3rd worst record ever. Heck, it may be the worst. I haven't cared for so long, I haven't checked lately.

I can't think of one former player that was a perenial loser that became a quality head coach. Look it up. He was a loser. He doesn't know how to win. Period. Indiana won the National Title the year before he got there and the year after he left! And that was his "winning"? Why would you hire this guy? Only if you were on some of those same lousy teams and he was your boy during all the losses, would you hire this guy.

I am so disgusted with this. I can only imagine your contempt and disdain for ASG, BK, and Mike, Texas Pete. Having given season ticket type money is a real tough pill to swallow, knowing you're handing it over to them!

I just know I'm done caring until they are gone.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I mean people forget that Childress was 1st team all american and Pac-10 player of the year. HIS FREAKING PICTURE WAS ON A VIDEO GAME. It wan't like he was some stiff coming out of college. He is a solid player.

...He's all that and still the 3rd worst of those at the same position O-R those remotely considered with the 6th pick. If you are so arrogant to pick the very long-shot, better have reason, hope your reason was accurate, and be willing to accept the consequences when if and when it isn't.

Even SW and/or JJ Reddick might have been on video games coming out. Just not important when determining NBA prospects.

W

During the Final Four a rumor was posted about an NCAA coach who had dinner with one of the Hawk's coaching staff. The rumor was that there will be a changing of the guard with the coaching staff. If that kind of rumor is in the stands, on this board, it's got to be all over the place. And if that is the case, Smoove has no reason to respect Woody. Smoove may be the one guy who has stood up and called him for what he is: the king who thinks he's got this fabulous robe on and he's standing there in his underwear. Smoove stood up to the nincapoop and it cost him, but it may all be for the better given that we will be able to tank those games he is out. I half way expected Smoove to come up with some injury to miss the last games.

I posted that rumor and it came from a D1 college coach who had dinner with a Hawks assistant the previous night. I sat next to him at the Final 4. The Hawks assistant felt they were all heading out which gave me hope because I feel the ASG are so cluless they wouldn't know a good coach (or bad) if there ownership depended on it.

It was good news and gave me hope we could actually make a change. BK is really the one I want out. Of course, could this asswype ownership actually hire a GM worth a crap? I have my doubts but I'm ready for a change right now.

If BK and Woody stay or even one of them your rewarding them for absolute terrible terrible job performance.Why keep 2 underachievers who have had enough time to change things around.BKs draft record speaks for itself the same goes for Woody.

If the new owner or owners are serious they will go to top level teams that are consistent winners and find the most groomed GM and coach out there.I know Woody was with Detriot but a guy who has actually coached a team rather than an assitant is needed. There is something to be said to see a team like Phoenix not having top draft choices yet seem to find a way to pluck top notch talent.Here are the Hawks a joke of a team having much better choices yet don't seem to ever get the best players for the team.