• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trade idea

frosgrim

I know most of the posters on the board would like to use the Indiana pick to get a point guard that can be groomed for the future. I propose that we use that pick to acquire an established point. Rookie pgs are not that great. In fact, the concensus best point to come out of college in a while, Chirs Paul, is only ranked 22 in the CBS pg rankings click

For those that don't want to click I will list the top 15:

1) Arenas

2) Nash

3) Kidd

4) Deron Williams

5) Terry

6) Parker

7) Iverson

8) Hinrich

9) Barbosa

10) A. Miller

11) Billups

12) Marbury

13) Bibby

14) Felton

15) Monta Ellis

53) Anthony Johnson

57) T. Lue

I include full names when the player is less known or when he could be confused with another player with the same last name.

My thinking is that we could include the Indy pick with one of our current PGs, preferably Speedy, for one of these top 15. Of course some of these guys are untouchable, but there are a few guys here that might be had, namely: Kidd, Iverson, Barbosa, Miller, Billups (SnT), Marbury, Bibby, Felton, and possibly Ellis.

Out of that list I wouldn't mind having: Kidd, Bibby, Miller, Ellis or Billups. The price tag, however, makes me think that we could manage either Miller or Ellis. The contracts of the other guys seem a bit high for what the Hawks are allowed to handle. So, a trade of Speedy+11-15 pick to Sac for Ellis, would seem to be a terrific trade for both teams, but what do you all think?

Quote:

I know most of the posters on the board would like to use the Indiana pick to get a point guard that can be groomed for the future. I propose that we use that pick to acquire an established point. Rookie pgs are not that great. In fact, the concensus best point to come out of college in a while, Chirs Paul, is only ranked 22 in the CBS pg rankings
click

1) Arenas

2) Nash

3) Kidd

4) Deron Williams

5) Terry

6) Parker

7) Iverson

8) Hinrich

9) Barbosa

10) A. Miller

11) Billups

12) Marbury

13) Bibby

14) Felton

15) Monta Ellis

53) Anthony Johnson

57) T. Lue

I include full names when the player is less known or when he could be confused with another player with the same last name.

My thinking is that we could include the Indy pick with one of our current PGs, preferably Speedy, for one of these top 15. Of course some of these guys are untouchable, but there are a few guys here that might be had, namely: Kidd, Iverson, Barbosa, Miller, Billups (SnT), Marbury, Bibby, Felton, and possibly Ellis.

Out of that list I wouldn't mind having: Kidd, Bibby, Miller, Ellis or Billups. The price tag, however, makes me think that we could manage either Miller or Ellis. The contracts of the other guys seem a bit high for what the Hawks are allowed to handle. So, a trade of Speedy+11-15 pick to Sac for Ellis, would seem to be a terrific trade for both teams, but what do you all think?

That is the worst ranking of point guards I have ever seen.

That is the worst ranking of point guards I have ever seen.

If u think those are bad, you should look at their ranking for the other postions.

They have Zaza ranked ahead of Yao Ming pillepalle.gif

Yao = 25ppg 9rebs 2ast....i wish Zaza was half as good as Yao.And also they have Ricky Davis ahead of JJ. sadbanana.gif

What about Indys 1st /filler for Jarrett Jack. If Roy is really PG like some believe that is a great deal for Portland. We are giving up alot but I really like Jack.

or

Chills for Jack straight up. Again if Roy is a PG they should be all over this. They can have Speedy too for all I care.

It is time (past time) to trade in spare parts for missing componets to finally get this puzzle finished.

Either of those trades for Jack work for me as well. I just think if we can package the Indy pick plus Speedy we kill two birds with one stone, eg a good point and out of the Speedy contract. However, I like getting Jack for Childress straight up as well.

The Hawks actually seem to have several options in front of them, the only question is will Billy be able to realize these options?

Quote:

What about Indys 1st /filler for Jarrett Jack...

would we really need the filler? Seems like salaries would still be comparable and Jack wasn't a lottery pick. I'd say the Indy pick (especially in this draft) should be enough unless Portland is looking at Jack as their longterm PG...If they aren't they could pick up a player like Yi with our Indy pick.

(Yi would be great for them...lotsa Chinese on the west coast).

Your right, there probably would not need to be a filler. Pretty sure Jack is on his rookie contract. Was he is the draft class of Smoove nad Chills or Marvin and Salim ?

I like Jack just as much as Acie Law. They are both 6'3'' with potential to be starter quality. I'd rather have Law b/c his upside his a little higher since we have not seen how he will react to NBA competition. That being said Jack is a safer bet while still having some upside.

I'd take Law if I had the choice but if Law and Hibbert are gone I would try to get Jack in a heart beat for the pick.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I know most of the posters on the board would like to use the Indiana pick to get a point guard that can be groomed for the future. I propose that we use that pick to acquire an established point. Rookie pgs are not that great. In fact, the concensus best point to come out of college in a while, Chirs Paul, is only ranked 22 in the CBS pg rankings
click

1) Arenas

2) Nash

3) Kidd

4) Deron Williams

5) Terry

6) Parker

7) Iverson

8) Hinrich

9) Barbosa

10) A. Miller

11) Billups

12) Marbury

13) Bibby

14) Felton

15) Monta Ellis

53) Anthony Johnson

57) T. Lue

Now what did we get for Terry in that famous trade of BK's?????????????

Antoine Walker....hmmm who went to Miami for what?????

Quote:

Quote:

click

1) Arenas

2) Nash

3) Kidd

4) Deron Williams

5) Terry

6) Parker

7) Iverson

8) Hinrich

9) Barbosa

10) A. Miller

11) Billups

12) Marbury

13) Bibby

14) Felton

15) Monta Ellis

53) Anthony Johnson

57) T. Lue

A first round pick,that was given to PHX last year, as part of the JJ trade.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

A first round pick,that was given to PHX last year, as part of the JJ trade.

That trade still pisses me off. That pick was like the most protected pick in NBA history, and ended up like 24 overall, it certainly wasn't a difference maker in the trade. PHX ended up trading that pick anyway.

He basically gave Terry to the Mavs.