• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

NBADraft

hawkster411

I was checking on NBAdraft.net

We are currently selecting 4th. If we land a Top 3 pick, the Hawks still keep our 1st round pick from Phoenix (JJ trade)?

If this is true, we may have a Top 3 Pick (possibly a Oden draft pick) and a Top 12-15 pick.

If everything falls our way, a miracle that we win the Oden sweepstakes. Just for fun.

1. Would you keep Oden or trade the #1 pick

2. If keeping Oden, would you package Josh Smith or Marvin Williams (our extra draft pick or J.Childress) for a Legit PG?

Dude,

Everyone has talked about this every single day for the last 4 months. Glad you caught on. Do you hang out with the new poster that calls himself Joe Johnson, you both have alot in common.

Better to catch on late then never, I guess.

I would trade Chills and the pick for a PG but not Smoove or Marvin. Way too early to get impatient on a 20 and 21 year. They will both only improve.

To me a realistic scenerio is getting Jarrett Jack. Obtaing any PG with a true track record would be difficult. Bibby and Billups are both free agents and approaching 30. Both want their last long term contract be with a proven winner.

Quote:

Dude,

Everyone has talked about this every single day for the last 4 months. Glad you caught on. Do you hang out with the new poster that calls himself Joe Johnson, you both have alot in common.

Better to catch on late then never, I guess.

I would trade Chills and the pick for a PG but not Smoove or Marvin. Way too early to get impatient on a 20 and 21 year. They will both only improve.

To me a realistic scenerio is getting Jarrett Jack. Obtaing any PG with a true track record would be difficult. Bibby and Billups are both free agents and approaching 30. Both want their last long term contract be with a proven winner.

I agree, if you get Oden then trading the pick and/or one of the surplus forwards for a young vet point makes alot more sense then starting two rookies.

Are you guys forgetting we will get the Indy pick? If we got the #1 pick we draft Oden immediately and then take the best available PG with the Indy pick that is looking like it will be in the 11-14 range. We take either Conley or Law. Problems solved. WE don't need to trade anyone

Quote:

Are you guys forgetting we will get the Indy pick? If we got the #1 pick we draft Oden immediately and then take the best available PG with the Indy pick that is looking like it will be in the 11-14 range. We take either Conley or Law. Problems solved. WE don't need to trade anyone

You need to go back and read my post - I did consider that we can get the Indy pick but stated my opinion that the Hawks would be better off trading the pick and/or a player for a starting point guard so as to avoid the likelihood of starting two rookies.

My point is that Conley and Law are better than Jack! Conley is going to be the best of the 3 and Law is probably as good as Jack right now with his scoring ability. Jack is good don't get me wrong but you guys overvalue his worth tremendously. He is still a rookie basically in his first year starting with Portland. Far from a seasoned PG.

hey coachx...i have no tv, i barely get online unless I have time.

Graduate architecture is keepine me busy. From Rhino, Photoshop, Sketchup, Piranesi, 3d Max, it's hard for me to keep up in hawksquawk.

I wonder what is going through BK's mind right now considering management issues, finding a new coach, or better yet, BK being on the hotseat? It'll be interesting what will happen when the management issues are resolved and where this franchise will be headed.

If by some miracle, we did get lucky this time with the ping pong balls and got both of those picks and could pick up Oden and either Law or Conley, I wouldn't do a thing different with this team other than maybe deal someone like Lue, Speedy, AJ, or Lo. I'd be happy to go to war with the following team:

Speedy/Conley or Law/Lue

JJ/AJ/Salim

Marvin/Chillz

Smoove/Shelden

Oden/ZaZa

That still keeps our team very young but with alot of depth. We'd still have Solo to groom as a backup PF or C.

Quote:

If by some miracle, we did get lucky this time with the ping pong balls and got both of those picks and could pick up Oden and either Law or Conley, I wouldn't do a thing different with this team other than maybe deal someone like Lue, Speedy, AJ, or Lo. I'd be happy to go to war with the following team:

Speedy/Conley or Law/Lue

JJ/AJ/Salim

Marvin/Chillz

Smoove/Shelden

Oden/ZaZa

That still keeps our team very young but with alot of depth. We'd still have Solo to groom as a backup PF or C.

I would be happy with that line up too. Even if we got the 3 pick instead of #1 and had to take Hoford or Hibbert to be our starting centerrather then Oden.

What would be interesting / complicated is if we got pick #2. Trades would then have to follow if we take Durant.

I want to reiterate a question that has already been asked. Why would we not keep Oden? That would be the best thing to ever happen to this franchise, so why would we think about trading him?

Durant, you could argue for a trade of. I can't imagine a package I would take for him, though. It would likely have to include one of LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Paul, Deron, or Howard. Only Howard is conceivable trade bait out of those.

Agree Durant is better, but notice I said "package". I would consider a package including Paul.

Could you turn down Paul/Chandler for Durant/Speedy/Lo? I'd have to do it.

MW

Smoove

Chandler

JJ

Paul

...um, we should basically have this anyway (except Childress at the 3)...ugh