• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If the Bucks land the #1 pick....

Charman212002

I read Chad Ford's chat yesterday and it got me thinking. In it he mentioned the Bucks would probably trade Andrew Bogut if they landed the #1 in the Draft and picked Greg Oden.

So my question to you all is: Would we be interested in such a deal, and what would it take on our part to score Bogut?

While his numbers are far from the Shaq/Yao level, Andrew is a legit 7'0 big man who can rebound and shoot at a good to great level and his passing skills are excellent.

Let's assume we don't land a top three pick. Would Milwaukee take Marvin for Andrew straight up? It would be a swap of the top of the 05' draft class filling needs for both teams.

The Bucks frontline would consist of Oden/ Villanueva/Williams(Marvin) and ours would be Bogut/Williams(Sheldon)/Smith.

Both teams benefit in the long run. On our end Josh Smith could slide over to the more natural small forward position, and his help defense could only improve playing next to two solid (if not spectacular) big men.

Draft the best point available with the Indy pick or trade it for Jarrett Jack (my preference) and suddenly our Frankenstein roster of wings would look like a real team (and a pretty good one at that).

Hawks:

PG: Jarrett Jack or Indy pick

SG: Joe Johnson

SF: Josh Smith

PF: Sheldon Williams

C: Andrew Bogut

6th Man: Josh Childress

Bucks:

PG: T.J. Ford

SG: Michael Redd

SF: Marvin Williams

PF: Charlie Villanueva

C: Greg Oden

6th Man: Ruben Patterson

I could see both of these teams battling near the top of the Eastern Conference for years to come. On paper they’d be great match ups, and if nothing else they’d be pretty darn fun to watch.

Of course for all of this to Happen Milwaukee has to land Oden. However, with the 3rd worst record the scenario is really not all that far-fetched.

And so I turn it over to you Hawksquawk, what do you think?

• Premium Member

I thought about that too.

It's just a question of what do the Buck want.

I was thinking about leveraging our 2nd pick position against the Clippers (who desperately need a PG) in order to get Kaman.

I might even do:

Zaza/#12 for Kaman/#17...

They'd be all over that.

It's a fair question.

Their stats as far as I can see are pretty similar but I tend to think Bogut is a better passer and has more of an upside.

Andrew Bogut

PPG 12.3

RPG 8.8

APG 3.0

SPG .74

BPG .53

FG% .553

FT% .577

3P% .200

MPG 34.2

Zaza

PPG 12.2

RPG 6.9

APG 1.5

SPG 1.07

BPG .50

FG% .474

FT% .786

3P% .000

MPG 28.1

Most of us either over value our own players or think

they are terrible, depending on who we are.

Here is a good example. Bogut vs Zaza.

Both are still VERY young. We would love to have Bogut.

We hate Zaza. Yet, when we compare the cold, hard facts,

guess what! There is VERY little difference between

these two young players.

Shocking, isn't it. Stats are so close - Wow! Bogot MAY

be better in some parts of his game, but Zaza sure has

him from the free throw line.

thumb3d.gif

• Premium Member

Zaza gets devalued a lot around here.

I think however, that ownership and management likes him.

So, I suspect, our draft will be for a PG...

Woody will get the axe.

You will see the rise of our team.

Quote:

I'm just tired of BK passing on our PG need. I can see us taking a PG..> BUT I FEAR us going for Sf and calling him BPA (Again)...

OK that i can understand. Hopefully Conley will declare and BK won't have much choice but to take Law since Conley will probably go first.