• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How many games did Woody lose?

DrReality

Given his rotations, too many minutes for JJ, not developing other talent as an option to JJ when other teams would double and triple team him, inept moves, etc, etc . . . . how many games do you think Woody cost us this year? I can think of a half-dozen pretty easy.

Well, it depends on how you look at it. The question is who would be coaching instead of Woody? Assuming we replaced him with a league-average coach, we'd probably be looking at a few more wins. Six sounds a little high, but I'm thinking an average coach could have won 3-4 more games.

I personally am glad we didn't win 3-4 more. I wish we'd won 3-4 fewer games.

Probably about 10 to be honest with you.

About 6 against teams we clearly should have beaten because of how bad they were or because they were missing their star player. Yet we go into those games unprepared. I rememember we lost like 3 games in a row to teams without their star player.

Then you factor in we could maybe have 4 more wins if Salim and Solomon get more playing time and if we don't burn out JJ.

But like CBA said, I only wish we lost more games.

Quote:

Given his rotations, too many minutes for JJ, not developing other talent as an option to JJ when other teams would double and triple team him, inept moves, etc, etc . . . . how many games do you think Woody cost us this year? I can think of a half-dozen pretty easy.

LOL @ this thread.

Smoove, Marvin, and Chill all improved this year, unless I missed something. But some of you guys are mad that Salim, Batista, and Solomon didn't develop? LOL.

LOL @ blaming the coach for not having a 2nd option to go to whenever JJ was double and triple teamed. Funny, at the beginning of the season, teams wouldn't DARE do that to us, because Lue and Chill were knocking down shots. Isn't it ironic that we started to lose, once those two guys got hurt?

Facts are facts fellas. Say what you want about Woody, but hardly any coach in this league could make this team any more better with the injuries we had. He's far from a great coach, we all know that. But he isn't clueless either. But it's hard to know how good of a coach he truly can be, with people constantly in and out of the lineup.

Every team that suffered multiple and significant injuries, fell off the face of the earth, with the exception of the Houston Rockets. And the only reason they didn't fall off, is that they only really had one guy hurt this year. Other than Yao, none of their top people went down for more than 10 games this season. Matter of fact, most of their core people haven't missed more than 4 games this year.

It's hard to develop any type of cohesiveness, when you constantly have guys getting hurt. Call it an excuse if you want. But it's an excuse that almost no coach in the league can overcome. Those are just plain facts.

If we get rid of Woody, the guy that we bring in better have a better track record of success, either as a head coach or as an assistant, than Woody does. Firing him, just to be firing him, may be counterproductive at this point.

And keep that bum Batista on the bench or off the team altogether. I'll never figure out the fascination that some of you guys have with him. I'd rather play ZaZa 48 minutes a night, than to see Batista set foot on the court.

Quote:

And keep that bum Batista on the bench or off the team altogether. I'll never figure out the fascination that some of you guys have with him. I'd rather play ZaZa 48 minutes a night, than to see Batista set foot on the court.

Hopefully Batista wont be playing for the Hawks next season.

If 15 rebounds and 20 points per game in international competition means nothing to you, maybe you don't know that Latin American Basketball is becoming better, and you don't know that european teams and latin american teams are at the same level or over the level that NBA wants to assure.

Around here ESPN has changed tha NBA games for EURO games.

So maybe Batista can't play in your BB, but he sure can play in any league who defeat NBA.

Quote:

FIBA b-ball is vastly different than NBA b-ball. Throw the best FIBA team in the NBA, and they'll struggle to win 20 games.

Throw the Hawks in the FIBA world championship tournament, and they might be a top 4 team, if not win the entire thing.

With all my respect, in what world do you live?

Here in Earth players from NBA can't beat other countrys.

Maybe in your world Magic, Larry Bird, Barkley, MJ, the twin towers are still playing.

In my world players from NBA are beated from latin americans and european players and a guy from China called YAO is one of the best 5 in NBA.

And if you wanna take a look at the differences between FIBA and NBA, i made a post about a year ago.

By the way, throw the Hawks in any league around the world and i doubt the Hawks could reach the final 4.

I've been watched the games, like i watch our league, and the Argentina league, as Spain, Italy and Greek.

Quote:

FIBA b-ball is vastly different than NBA b-ball. Throw the best FIBA team in the NBA, and they'll struggle to win 20 games.

Throw the Hawks in the FIBA world championship tournament, and they might be a top 4 team, if not win the entire thing.

How much pro-basketball do you see outside nba? pillepalle.gifsmack.gif

GO HAWKS! banana.gifnana.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

LOL @ blaming the coach for not having a 2nd option to go to whenever JJ was double and triple teamed.

Defending Woodson's inadequacies for these reason's is complete lunacy, I'm sorry. His timed substitutions (REGARDLESS of how said player is playing) are bad enough. Even our players were joking about this! His lack of any kind of offensive scheme is worse. His blatant stares at players while saying nothing.. His utter stubbornness to hold us to a stagnant offense rather than let us do what we are good at is rediculous, not to mention he's already been in disagreements/fights with 4 of our players. All of these falacies suggest, no SAY, that Woodson is over his head..

How you can possibly defend this guy is and will remain a mystery to me.. One of our assistants could do a better job.

Quote:

Quote:

LOL @ blaming the coach for not having a 2nd option to go to whenever JJ was double and triple teamed.

Defending Woodson's inadequacies for these reason's is complete lunacy, I'm sorry. His timed substitutions (REGARDLESS of how said player is playing) are bad enough. Even our players were joking about this! His lack of any kind of offensive scheme is worse. His blatant stares at players while saying nothing.. His utter stubbornness to hold us to a stagnant offense rather than let us do what we are good at is rediculous, not to mention he's already been in disagreements/fights with 4 of our players. All of these falacies suggest, no SAY, that Woodson is over his head..

How you can possibly defend this guy is and will remain a mystery to me.. One of our assistants could do a better job.

Glad you got my point. He is over his head in more ways than one. If he is not replaced, we are in deep trouble. If he stays, it means that the owners are as clueless as he is.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

Hopefully Batista wont be playing for the Hawks next season.

If 15 rebounds and 20 points per game in international competition means nothing to you, maybe you don't know that Latin American Basketball is becoming better, and you don't know that european teams and latin american teams are at the same level or over the level that NBA wants to assure.

Around here ESPN has changed tha NBA games for EURO games.

So maybe Batista can't play in your BB, but he sure can play in any league who defeat NBA.

Unfortunately, I think at least Woody is too much like Northcyde and BK isn't far from it. The Braves were once very successful finding talent without considering boarders when other teams were not. Much like the Spurs have been. That time is now if not passed in the NBA. If you can't see the talent Batista, Hermann, Varejao or others fighting to be given the chance to show their talent because they didn't play in the Big 12, then that reflects øn you and not them. South America players tend to play the game with an abandon any team should want and these (among others) have the talent to perhaps excel in this league.

W