• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Terrence Moore Article:Jerry West

ncthompson11

Quote:

Billy Knight got Gasol in Memphis, then he was replaced with West. Memphis became a playoff contender.

Billy Knight got Smoove in Atlanta, then he is replaced with West. Atlanta becomes a playoff contender?

I sware to god, most people on this forum are idiots; for one SAR wanted out of Memphis and he was a 20 point a game, 10 rebounds ppg player and we were building a squad with SAR being are centerpiece, and then we found out first hand he wasn't that good as his stats looked in Memphis. BK had to trade SAR and the only team that would give decent value to the Grizz was the Hawks. So don't act like Knight made that move because he was in love with Gasol.

Josh Smith is far from Gasol, infact I'm done with ya'll. You guys might just be the definition of dumbass from the dumb things you guys say on this forum. I'm out, I'll more back when there a poster who knows anything about basketball.

Just another thing, the Hawks would totally be different right now if Dermarr Johnson never had that car incident and Babcock would still have his job.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'm out

champagne.gif

Quote:

Just another thing, the Hawks would totally be different right now if Dermarr Johnson never had that car incident and Babcock would still have his job.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH..

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Billy Knight got Gasol in Memphis, then he was replaced with West. Memphis became a playoff contender.

Billy Knight got Smoove in Atlanta, then he is replaced with West. Atlanta becomes a playoff contender?

I sware to god, most people on this forum are idiots; for one SAR wanted out of Memphis and he was a 20 point a game, 10 rebounds ppg player and we were building a squad with SAR being are centerpiece, and then we found out first hand he wasn't that good as his stats looked in Memphis. BK had to trade SAR and the only team that would give decent value to the Grizz was the Hawks. So don't act like Knight made that move because he was in love with Gasol.

Josh Smith is far from Gasol, infact I'm done with ya'll. You guys might just be the definition of dumbass from the dumb things you guys say on this forum. I'm out, I'll more back when there a poster who knows anything about basketball.

I actually agree with that last statement. If Dermarr had stayed healthy we would have had enough to at least make the playoffs with that squad and Babs would not have been fired.

Quote:

the funny thing is that west made a mess of what BK started in Memphis. would he do the same here?

What exactly did BK start in Memphis? He drafted Gasol and Battier. That is it. BK traded Mike Bibby for Jason Williams! A core of Gasol, Battier, Jason Williams and Stromile Swift isn't winning anything ever, unless your idea of winning is a late playoff seed and an early playoff exit.

The only reason Memphis got to the playoffs after West arrived is because he hired a decent coach, made a good trade to get Miller and signed Posey - who had a career year leading that team to the playoffs in Wests first year.

BK did not build anything in Memphis. His biggest claim to fame is fleecing an equally bad GM (i.e., Babcock).

Quote:

Quote:

the funny thing is that west made a mess of what BK started in Memphis. would he do the same here?

What exactly did BK start in Memphis? He drafted Gasol and Battier. That is it. BK traded Mike Bibby for Jason Williams! A core of Gasol, Battier, Jason Williams and Stromile Swift isn't winning anything ever, unless your idea of winning is a late playoff seed and an early playoff exit.

The only reason Memphis got to the playoffs after West arrived is because he hired a decent coach, made a good trade to get Miller and signed Posey - who had a career year leading that team to the playoffs in Wests first year.

BK did not build anything in Memphis. His biggest claim to fame is fleecing an equally bad GM (i.e., Babcock).

Anybody? What did BK build in Memphis other then a team that needed a serious infusion of coaching and talent to make the playoffs?

Why do people constantly say that West "screwed up" what BK built in Memphis? That team never makes it to three consecutive playoffs without the infusion of talent and coaching West brought in.

Gasol and Battier do not a championship caliber team make.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Anybody? What did BK build in Memphis other then a team that needed a serious infusion of coaching and talent to make the playoffs?

Why do people constantly say that West "screwed up" what BK built in Memphis? That team never makes it to three consecutive playoffs without the infusion of talent and coaching West brought in.

Judging West's highest draft picks by the same criteria used to judge BK in terms of the draft doesn't look very good for West.

#4 overall - Drew Gooden over Amare Stoudemire & Caron Butler

#16 & 20 overall - Troy Bell and Dahntay Jones over Josh Howard, Boris Diaw & David West

I think the biggest move that West made was getting a new coach.

I do think, however, that West has a good enough resume that he deserves another job without question.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Judging West's highest draft picks by the same criteria used to judge BK in terms of the draft doesn't look very good for West.

#16 & 20 overall - Troy Bell and Dahntay Jones over Josh Howard, Boris Diaw & David West

I do think, however, that West has a good enough resume that he deserves another job without question.

Are GMs judged by how well they draft our how well their teams perform? West took a team that stunk and turned it into a playoff team. He won exec of the year for it.

• Moderators

I don't have much of an opinion either way except that he's 70 years old, but he also took a playoff team and turned it into a team that stinks really, really bad. But whatever. I think the lesson here is that its much harder to be the GM for memphis and atlanta than the Lakers.

Quote:

I don't have much of an opinion either way except that he's 70 years old, but he also took a playoff team and turned it into a team that stinks really, really bad. But whatever. I think the lesson here is that its much harder to be the GM for memphis and atlanta than the Lakers.

I am certaintly not advocating that the Hawks get West as GM. Rather, I am trying to make sense of why people sight BK's record in Memphis as something positive - and similarly why people say West ruined what BK was building. My contention is that BK built nothing.

I think the real lesson is that BK has absolutely no clue how to build a "team." He knows a little about assembling talent, but if this team is going to go to the next level - and I think next year is the time to do it - they need someone who has the vision to remold this collection of talent into a basketball "team."

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Are GMs judged by how well they draft our how well their teams perform? West took a team that stunk and turned it into a playoff team. He won exec of the year for it.

I think the drafting is the biggest criticism of BK on this site which is why I bring it up. It isn't hard to see people endlessly recounting the Troy Bell, Dahntay Jones, etc. picks. As I said, I think West's resume as a whole speaks for itself and that he is worthy of being brought into another organization without question.