• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

here's a good one

CBA wasn't in that thread, I'm simply pointing out the ones where he attacked people, and unjustifiably so.

you were pointing out people going schizo out of the blue. read that thread again. you won't have to go down very far.

True, but I was mainly pointing out CBA in particular. He wonders why he gets attacked so much, I showed him why.

Quote:

The urn example is a simplistic example of the math you need to do to calculate our current probability of being in the top 3. The math is not the exact same but the premise underlying that math is exactly the same. The followup example about the blue ball more closely mirrors the math to be done (but of course is simpler again) and is based on the exact same premise as both the original urn example and the actual nba lottery.

I don't endorse personal attacks on this or any other thread but cbareject's math is perfectly correct on the examples he has given and on the nba draft lottery.

The pre-drawing math on the 50% probability in the urn example is correct and the pre-drawing math on the 38% probability on our draft odds is also correct.

I agree with AHF completely here, except that I sometimes endorse personal attacks. smile.gif

Quote:

HYPOCRITE!!

I am not a hypocrite, as I never claimed that I was more righteous than you.

It makes no sense to call me a hypocrite, as I am not saying one thing and doing another (notice that I acknowlege fully that I can be a jerk). You should understand this (simple things like what words mean), but I'm not surprised you don't.

Quote:

No, you have COMPLETELY skewed this in your favor, as I mentioned you always do, and knew you would. You had already BASHED everyone EARLIER in THAT WEEK (INCLUDING ME)!!

I already said that you would say that your insults were justified by something I'd said about you earlier. I said you must think that once someone had insulted you or someone else, it was "gloves off" for the rest of time. Way to hold a grudge. Holding a grudge is a bad thing to do. If you're going to claim to be so righteous, you might want to work on that one.

Notice that I told you what you would say, and you went ahead and said it. Good work. Way to keep me guessing....yawn.

You said you "never initiate" or something to that effect. Regardless of what I said to hurt your little ego before, I don't think hijacking my thread and calling me an "idiot" twice could be construed as anything besides instigation. That's all I wanted to say, and I again, I already predicted you'd point out I'd said something a few days/weeks earlier.

Quote:

YOU are the only true hypocrite..

Again, you embarrass yourself. How am I a hypocrite again. Please try to think instead of just barfing words onto the forum.

Quote:

CBA, this is the original one, and it was on 1/14/07. Read this thread starting with post #188193. You tell me that "I am full of crap," you say "Great reading comprehension." You also say "I bet you got reamed on the SAT." That's attacking in it's purest form. I NEVER ATTACKED you before that, nor after, yet you continue to attack me throughout that thread, as if I was a complete delinquent. Hmm.. I wonder why I called you an idiot. In that thread, you also go on to say "This type of 'black-and-white', false dichotomy, fallacious thinking is typical of people with poor reading comprehension." YOU are the only true hypocrite..

Again, I already predicted you would cite some prior offense, but hijacking a completely separate thread that had nothing to do with you just to call me an "idiot" twice was initiation.

Also, I never said I don't initiate, so how am a hypocrite again? Please explain this nonsense. You only continue to support what I've thought to be true about you.

OH, and one more thing....the following post was from the the day before the "original" you claim. Please notice that your true original reply to my post was "what a pathetic post."

AtLaS hypocrite!

So, my friend, it appears that you fired the first shot. "What a pathetic post." Thanks for your sound, calm, reasoning there.

PWNED blush.gif

Quote:

Quote:

You see, retaliation is not more moral, my friend...at least not by anyone's standards but your own.

So if someone hits you in the face, you'll just walk away?

AtLaS...just calm down and think.

My claim is that retaliation is not MORE MORAL than initiation, especially in the realm of personal attacks.

That's all I said.

You reply to that with effectively "So you're saying you wouldn't you retaliate sometimes?"

Did I say I don't retaliate? If that had been my claim, I could understand your reply, but in this context it makes no sense. When did I say I wouldn't retaliate? I'm not the one claiming to be thoroughly righteous here. All I'm doing is showing you that you're not so righteous as you think you are. What I would do in said situation is therefore completely uninteresting to the discussion.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Way to hold a grudge. Holding a grudge is a bad thing to do.

Wow, just wow. If you read my original post, all I said was exactly what I said. I wasn't holding a grudge, I was simply stating a fact that 100% of people on this board agree with. Please tell me, what was the POINT of this thread?? Why couldn't you just respond in the other thread? Because you wanted to STROKE your ego by letting EVERYONE see this topic and the comment that northcyde made.

Quote:

Notice that I told you what you would say, and you went ahead and said it. Good work. Way to keep me guessing....yawn.

You told me this because you knew that you're argument was wrong, and you knew that I would come back with the correct one. I simply stated that I only attack the attackers, did I stray from that? No. Yet you still posted a quote I made over a WEEK after you continuously attacked me and other posters on this board.. but hey! Since you said that I would say it, that makes you right!

That's like saying..

CBA: Shelden is going to be a legit center in this league. But I'm sure you'll look up a bunch of Ben Wallace facts that will prove it wrong, it doesn't matter though because Shelden will be a center.

Atlas: No, here are the facts as to why..

CBA: No that doesn't work because I said you'd do it.

That's what you sound like with your completely irrational thinking.

Quote:

Actually you are the dumbass for starting another lame ass thread. If you have something against him, PM him or something, nobody cares about how much your twat is hurting right now..

Vile AtLaS insults

How could you say such disgusting things? That thread had nothing to do with you.

I really don't think I need to pull up any more. You have been thoroughly exposed. Still can't believe you said that about TMC. That's just gross. I mean, you call him a dumbass unprovoked, but that last part is pretty sick.

Sure, I insult people, but man, the problem here is that you believe you are more righteous than the rest. These crude, unprovoked attacks say you're not who you think you are or who you claim to be. Isn't there a word for that? Hypochondriac? Hematocrit? Hippocrates? Ah, I forget. Maybe you'll remember it. After all, you're the one who scorches every reading comprehension test, right?

Quote:

Yet you still posted a quote I made over a WEEK after you continuously attacked me and other posters on this board.. but hey! Since you said that I would say it, that makes you right!

That's like saying..

CBA: Shelden is going to be a legit center in this league. But I'm sure you'll look up a bunch of Ben Wallace facts that will prove it wrong, it doesn't matter though because Shelden will be a center.

Atlas: No, here are the facts as to why..

CBA: No that doesn't work because I said you'd do it.

Here's the problem. Whatever I said about you before that was history. The fact is you were initiating by jumping into that thread and calling me an idiot. You were not retaliating.

I predicted you would cite an old insult. My point was that you must feel that an insult at any point in time makes it OK for you to say whatever you want in the future, and all such future insults that would otherwise be interpreted as "initiation" will in fact be "retaliation".

If Ron Artest slugs Ben Wallace in a game next season, will it be retaliation? I don't think the NBA will see it that way. That old fight is history, and though he may still be raw about it, if he slugs Big Ben, that will start a new fight.

Your silly example is not at all like the present discussion.

Here's a more accurate example:

CBA: Shelden Williams was not the best player available at #5. I know you will cite Saer Sene who was picked lower and say "Shelden is better than Sene". My point is not that Shelden is not better than anyone picked below him, just that he was not better than some of the players picked below him.

AtLaS: Duuuuh. But what about Sene? You hypocrite!

CBA: How does it make sense to call me a hypocrite? And WOW did you not just do what I said you would do?

AtLaS: My mother dropped me on my head. Duuuuuuh. You are a hypocrite because I don't know what that means. I'ma go sniff some paint thinner, cuz these last few brain cells are starting to itch the inside of my skull. Needin' to kill em off. Duuuuuuuh.

CBA: That's about right.

• Premium Member

Quote:

OH, and one more thing....the following post was from the the day before the "original" you claim. Please notice that your true original reply to my post was "what a pathetic post."

AtLaS hypocrite!

Why don't you read your comments prior to me posting before making this claim.. If you see a kid getting picked on by a bully are you going to walk up and reason with him? Or are you going to do something about it or say something to him? I'm sure I know what your answer will be, however I'm not sure you'll say what you actually feel.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Wow, this guy was just talking about Louis Williams and you went after his head. Geez.

AtLaS the hot head

Quote:

I agree that he should go to college but he still hasn't signed with an agent, so you calling him an idiot just makes you one.

Nope, that's not initiating personal attacks at all. What did he say about you again?

It's sad when you have to dig deep to 2 years ago to find a post that really wasn't even attacking. Did you even read what Dukegotgame said? He called Louis dumb and terrible at everything, and I agreed with him that he should go to college, but he didn't need to call him an idiot. So I simply said "you calling him an idiot makes you one." That's not a personal attack, read his post, even AHF and Graymule couldn't reason with that post. And lol at "this guy was just talking about LW," read his post before you make an outlandish statement of such.

Quote:

Still can't believe you said that about TMC. That's just gross. I mean, you call him a dumbass unprovoked, but that last part is pretty sick.

I'll give you this one, it was uncalled for. But he had been ramping all day, and that thread had no logical reason to get started, much like THIS ONE.

OK, what about the remark on TMC two months ago. His "twat" was hurting him? How could you say such a thing?

I posted it here. You have yet to address it.

I also asked you to explain how I am a hypocrite. You said so 4+ times. Seems like you could at least defend it if you're going to insist upon it.

It's comical that you think calling me a hypocrite 4 times (and each time being quite clearly incorrect) is pwnage. I suppose misusing a word over and over is pwnage, in the way that you are getting pwned by the English language. You are embarrassing yourself.

By the way, I didn't have to "dig" to find your attacks. I just searched AtLaS and idiot. Seems like that's a favorite of yours.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Here's the problem. Whatever I said about you before that was history. The fact is you were initiating by jumping into that thread and calling me an idiot. You were not retaliating.

Actually it was a very similar situation to the one you and northcyde had today. You simply felt the need to start yet ANOTHER tanking thread, after we had been arguing about it for a week, it's not like I just came from the woods and made that remark. You started like 25 tank threads in a period of about 2 weeks.

Quote:

If Ron Artest slugs Ben Wallace in a game next season, will it be retaliation? I don't think the NBA will see it that way. That old fight is history, and though he may still be raw about it, if he slugs Big Ben, that will start a new fight.

This just proves that you are getting more and more desperate. We had just been arguing, earlier that day, and for the past week!! It's not as if I just came from the woodworks and made that comment. We had disputed your fallacious tank theory for the past week.

Quote:

CBA: Shelden Williams was not the best player available at #5. I know you will cite Saer Sene who was picked lower and say "Shelden is better than Sene". My point is not that Shelden is not better than anyone picked below him, just that he was not better than some of the players picked below him.

AtLaS: Duuuuh. But what about Sene? You hypocrite!

CBA: How does it make sense to call me a hypocrite? And WOW did you not just do what I said you would do?

AtLaS: My mother dropped me on my head. Duuuuuuh. You are a hypocrite because I don't know what that means. I'ma go sniff some paint thinner, cuz these last few brain cells are starting to itch the inside of my skull. Needin' to kill em off. Duuuuuuuh.

CBA: That's about right.

Actually my example is right, yours just proves that you try to eradicate truth in order to deem your argument correct. You posted that I attacked you when unprovoked (which would make me a hypocrite) in that post, yet you said "I'm sure you'll look up a past quote where I attacked you." You had JUST ATTACKED me the PAST WEEK, YOU STARTED IT, AND you had attacked me the previous day!! Yet you felt the need to start a new thread (similar to this thread) over the SAME MATTER!! If you call me a hypocrite for bashing you unfomented, that's just it, IT WASN'T, YOU HAD JUST BASHED ME HOURS EARLIER.

• Premium Member

Quote:

OK, what about the remark on TMC two months ago.

I already addressed, in the post above yours.

Quote:

I also asked you to explain how I am a hypocrite. You said so 4+ times. Seems like you could at least defend it if you're going to insist upon it.

Fair enough, I guess you're not a hypocrite but you definitely perform an ego-stroke FAR too often.

Quote:

I suppose misusing a word over and over is pwnage, in the way that you are getting pwned by the English language. You are embarrassing yourself.

That was a joke. It's not surprising that your sense of humor has an off button.

EDIT: And get rid of that damn tank in your sig, the season is over and it's [censored] to scroll over...