• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Woodson will likely stay (Gearon comments)...

AtLaS

• Moderators

Quote:

The Suns Have Nash

The Warriors have Baron Davis

The Hawks have ....
banghead.gif
Well Josh smith starts a fastbreak , sometimes after rebounds.

I agree that is a need for the Hawks. But the Hawks beat both those teams fast-breaking so we do have some pieces that excel in that type of a game.

Quote:

Quote:

The Suns Have Nash

The Hawks have ....
banghead.gif

I agree that is a need for the Hawks. But the Hawks beat both those teams fast-breaking so we do have some pieces that excel in that type of a game.

Again, there have Never Been a NBA Champ that was not great defensively. Ever. The Suns will win round 1 but will struggle Mightily and lose in round two. Golden State will lose in 5 games.

Woodson is coaching from the defense up and BK has to get his players, period. The article is on point. The offense will kick in with A)a very good point, B)a healthy roster.

Go Woody biggun.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Suns Have Nash

The Hawks have ....
banghead.gif

Again, there have Never Been a NBA Champ that was not great defensively. Ever. The Suns will win round 1 but will struggle Mightily and lose in round two. Golden State will lose in 5 games.

Woodson is coaching from the defense up and BK has to get his players, period. The article is on point. The offense will kick in with A)a very good point, B)a healthy roster.

Go Woody biggun.gif

Let me get this straight - are you arguing that the offensive system that Woody has employed for the last two years has been well suited to the personnel he has been coaching?

I think what he's saying, is that we can't do the things that many of us want to do ( i.e. - become a running team that maximizes our athleticism ), without a decent PG who can make good decisions running the show.

AJ isn't a runner. Lue isn't a runner. Both are much more suited for the 1/2 court offense.

Speedy is a runner, but his 100 year old knees wouldn't let him do it this year. So we really couldn't effectively run all year.

We can get away with Smoove or Chill starting/leading fast breaks against weak defensive teams. But an average defensive team easily controlled our running opportunities. We just can't live with Smoove leading fast breaks. He has to be the one finishing on the break.

That's one aspect that a PG like Conley can bring to the table. Not only can he run, he can also finish going to the hole. A guy like Law is more suited for the 1/2 court style that we try to use now.

If we truly wanted to be a running team, we probably should've started Salim at the point, seeing that he was probably the fastest guard on the team this year. Question is . . would the benefits outweigh the obvious negatives?

Most fans would say . . heck no.

Quote:

Again, there have Never Been a NBA Champ that was not great defensively.

I dont know about that..

I wouldn't call Rudy T's Houston Rockets a "Great" defensive team.But they did have a Great defensive player.One of the alltime greats/

Quote:

Quote:

I dont know about that..

I wouldn't call Rudy T's Houston Rockets a "Great" defensive team.But they did have a Great defensive player.One of the alltime greats/

Your kidding.

Olajuwon

Robert Horry

Otis Thorpe

Mad Max Vernon

Sam Cassell

All defensive stoppers.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I dont know about that..

Your kidding.

Olajuwon

Robert Horry

Otis Thorpe

Mad Max Vernon

Sam Cassell

All defensive stoppers.

I don't think I'd put Maxwell or Cassell in the cateogry of defensive stoppers but the others are all impact defenders.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I dont know about that..

Your kidding.

Olajuwon

Robert Horry

Otis Thorpe

Mad Max Vernon

Sam Cassell

All defensive stoppers.

I don't think I'd put Maxwell or Cassell in the cateogry of defensive stoppers but the others are all impact defenders.

I wouldn't call Horry a stopper either. He was a good shot blocker, but he was not a lock down defender.

• Moderators

Quote:

I wouldn't call Horry a stopper either. He was a good shot blocker, but he was not a lock down defender.

Agreed but I do think he is an impact defender. The only "stopper" on that team was Hakeem but several others were "plus" or impact defenders.