• Raised $390 of $700 target

Very impressive last 5 games by Marvin

WraithSentinel

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3928

50% FG

19.7 ppg

6.5 rpg

2.2 apg

That is very impressive way to end the season. That is with that one terrible game against the Cavs included. Overall in April he had a very good month.

45% FG

16.8 pg

6.2 rpg

2.2 apg

He is getting their fans. Next year if he can avoid the injuries. I expect him to have a breakout year as Smoove did this year.

Quote:

Be prepared for this thread to go way downhill.

wink.gif

Don't fear, the Marvin "protectors" are here.

Haters bring it on! I got a little sumpin for you.

xprs-hulk.jpg

I think Marvin's big issue is mental, especially with his shot. sometimes he just seems tight and unsure of himself and throws up brick after brick. At times when he is relaxed he will get on a roll and make a very high percentage of his jumpers.

i still don't think he has a lot of court sense though. I would hope he plays a lot of pickup ball this summer. I get the impression that he doesn't do that a lot.

I ahve a feeling he'll do what he did last year, head on up the Chapel Hill for the summer.

He spent last summer (when he wasn't in the Summer League) in Chapel Hill taking classes, working out and playing pickup ball. Some of the most highly competitive games in the summer go down in Chapel hill in the summer with former players coming back, as well as current NBA teammates of former players (mostly from the NC area), and former players from Wake, Duke, State, etc.

Maybe he can get Shelden up there with him.

Quote:

Just like with Shellhead...token games against garbage players on tanking teams means JACK SQUAT. Let the games and competition mean something before we start praising those two.

I am not impressed by April numbers either. However a certain poster who shall remain nameless pointed to Sheldens april numbers as a positive. Therefore it stands to reason that Marvin's april numbers should be a positive too.

To me, the thing that I look for Marvin to improve on the most, is that FG%. I think that's the most important aspect in his development as a player. I want him around that 47% FG mark. If he can get there, and still score 13 - 18 ppg, it'll help this team tremendously.

It's also important for Josh Smith to get his FG% around 47% next year as well.

We're not going to improve much as a team, if both of those guys are shooting under 45% from the SF and PF spots. Both of them must be more efficient offensive players, to compliment JJ.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We're not going to improve much as a team, if both of those guys are shooting under 45% from the SF and PF spots. Both of them must be more efficient offensive players, to compliment JJ.

A PG would do wonders for this team, it's too bad BK doesn't apprehend that.

Quote:

You think it would be safe for Shelden in Chapel Hill?

The hardest thing for most UNC and Duke fans to understand is that many of the players on opposite sides of this hate war develop pretty close friendships over the years. They grew up playing AAU ball with and against eachother, they share the common bond of duking it out in the most heated rivalry in college hoops (and possibly beyond), and it makes sense that many would develop friendships. There are plenty of long term grudges as well, but a lot of friendships. Makes most die hard fans sick, but in reality it's pretty darn cool.

Shelden was considered one of the "good ones" by a lot of UNC fans, mainly because he was so overshadowed by Redick, one of the most hated of all time.

I still think if K had developed an offense around Shelden and allowed Redick to be the complementary player theyw ould have won a title or two with that group.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Just like with Shellhead...token games against garbage players on tanking teams means JACK SQUAT. Let the games and competition mean something before we start praising those two.

23 vs. the Bulls

19 vs. the Pistons

24 vs. the Raptors

22 vs. the Bulls

19 vs. the Nets

16 vs. the Suns

15 vs. the Jazz

20 vs. the Rockets

23 vs. the Suns

21 vs. the Wizards

16 vs. the Heat

If he hadn't been such a controversial pick, we would all be very excited about the potential of this raw, 20 year old player.

His problems are his range, his intensity, and his consistency. Not exactly stunning criticisms considering his age.