• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wurider Speaks to the Hypocites and Haters???

Wurider05

• Premium Member

Quote:

billy's good when it comes to first round talent

If that's true, then..__Jump_Off_a_Cliff___Emoticon_by_neek_zi

Quote:

i'm kinda glad we did trade away the second rounder, no sense in trying to develop a rookie when 80% of the team is doing the same thing.

So you'd rather give 3 million in cap to AJ?? At least a HIGH 2nd rounder has a chance to help us in the future, while not hindering us from a salary standpoint..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

OMG man, I hate calling people dumb, but you are just stupid.

ESPN BASHED RIGHT AFTER WE TOOK MARVIN!! BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED. Quit making up crap to try to act like you know what you're talking about, when in fact you have no clue.

I didn't hear ESPN bash us, I heard SAS say we had too many Forwards but it was really bashing, it was saying the truth. Your probably one of the worst posters on this site. You know absoulutely nothing about basketball, you should be happy that someone of my calibur would speak basketball with you. I'm done with you.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BK did have to take MW or he wouldn't have a job, ESPN was riding hard and if he didn't they would have murder the organization and

ESPN BASHED us for taking Marvin, do you just make up stuff as you go? BK did NOT have to take Marvin, it was not an Oden/Durant situation. If he felt he HAD to take Marvin and didn't want to, he could have easily traded down with NO or Charlotte, both of whom wanted Marvin.

Quote:

BK would have been fired, now to me and you, cool, but to a man would probably will never have another GM job again and has a plan, that something he wasn't willing to do.

Would NEVER get another JOB?? If he took Paul and got bashed for it, after Paul had a great rookie year everything would have disappeared. ESPECIALLY considering how bad Marvin has played, if BK indeed got fired for taking Paul it would make him look like a genius and make the Hawks look like complete blockheads..

never means never and BK would have never gotten a GM job again.

ESPN bashed us after it became clear Paul was good, before that ESPN was prasing the Hawks and their new found future.

And that like traded down out of the top 2 that time for the Hawks, they just won 13 games, 13 games!!! and bad wasn't something the Hawks needed.

And people don't talk about bad unpoplar teams during the season like they do in the offseason, BK would have gotten fired. And Paul wasn't gurantee to do what he did in NO in ATL. This team is no where near as good and we don't run a offense or have the personel to run a good offense.

We are still bad

People still don't talk about us

Bk is still here.

You say we didn't have the personel to run an offense?

Well if we had a good pg we would.

Espn was 2nd guessing the pic the moment it happened.

I have the draft on tape.Dicky V was interviewed after the pic was made, and said that the hawks would regret not taking Chris Paul.

He said Paul would the Mayor of Atlanta. lol

Dicky V also said Sheldon was good as well as a bunch dumb stuff not to mention JJ Redick and his Morrison ridin.

and to your tyrant

1. duh

2. cause we suck

3. I know, blame that on the owners.

4. we don't

5. A.J. is a good PG, the best PG we had since JT and we don't have the personel to run a offense.

I hope you are joking because is not a good pg.He's more of a scorer, and is not even a halfway decent setup man.

He's just slightly better than the rest of the scrubs Bk has playing point.

• Premium Member

You say as if ESPN controls who we pick, you are a complete moron. ESPN has NOTHING to do with who we pick. Seriously man, I know you aren't older than 15.. just please do everyone a favor and stop making up crap to try and prove your points.

If I know nothing about basketball than you don't even know what a basketball is..

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BK did have to take MW or he wouldn't have a job, ESPN was riding hard and if he didn't they would have murder the organization and

ESPN BASHED us for taking Marvin, do you just make up stuff as you go? BK did NOT have to take Marvin, it was not an Oden/Durant situation. If he felt he HAD to take Marvin and didn't want to, he could have easily traded down with NO or Charlotte, both of whom wanted Marvin.

Quote:

BK would have been fired, now to me and you, cool, but to a man would probably will never have another GM job again and has a plan, that something he wasn't willing to do.

Would NEVER get another JOB?? If he took Paul and got bashed for it, after Paul had a great rookie year everything would have disappeared. ESPECIALLY considering how bad Marvin has played, if BK indeed got fired for taking Paul it would make him look like a genius and make the Hawks look like complete blockheads..

never means never and BK would have never gotten a GM job again.

ESPN bashed us after it became clear Paul was good, before that ESPN was prasing the Hawks and their new found future.

And that like traded down out of the top 2 that time for the Hawks, they just won 13 games, 13 games!!! and bad wasn't something the Hawks needed.

And people don't talk about bad unpoplar teams during the season like they do in the offseason, BK would have gotten fired. And Paul wasn't gurantee to do what he did in NO in ATL. This team is no where near as good and we don't run a offense or have the personel to run a good offense.

We are still bad

People still don't talk about us

Bk is still here.

You say we didn't have the personel to run an offense?

Well if we had a good pg we would.

Espn was 2nd guessing the pic the moment it happened.

I have the draft on tape.Dicky V was interviewed after the pic was made, and said that the hawks would regret not taking Chris Paul.

He said Paul would the Mayor of Atlanta. lol

Dicky V also said Sheldon was good as well as a bunch dumb stuff not to mention JJ Redick and his Morrison ridin.

and to your tyrant

1. duh

2. cause we suck

3. I know, blame that on the owners.

4. we don't

5. A.J. is a good PG, the best PG we had since JT and we don't have the personel to run a offense.

I hope you are joking because is not a good pg.He's more ov

he better then all are player except JJ. I watched him, he trys to create but most of the Hawks players stand in one spot and look lost. No PG can be sucessful like that.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I hope you are joking because is not a good pg.He's more ov

He's not joking, everyone at this site is just too mentally inferior to understand all of the advanced NBA knowledge that nbasuperstar speaks of.

Hypothetically speaking, nbasuperstar is the Miss Cleo of basketball, in its purest form. Don't question his "godlike" NBA knowledge!

[/sarcasm]

Quote:

So one of the worse players on Dallas Mavs roster is now our second best player on the Hawks roster.

No wonder we suck.
grin.gif

This is the team Bk put together...

He wasn't one of the worst players on the Mavs, he just didn't fit there system which can happen. and the PG position was already deep in the big D and I'm still wondering why he signed.

lol @ the BK part, I know what BK was trying to do when he build this team but he failed misablily. He wanted to build a Phoenix Suns type team in Atlanta except with more athletes and not as many shooters. His plan failed.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

ESPN BASHED RIGHT AFTER WE TOOK MARVIN!! BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED. Quit making up crap to try to act like you know what you're talking about, when in fact you have no clue.

I didn't hear ESPN bash us, I heard SAS say we had too many Forwards but it was really bashing, it was saying the truth. Your probably one of the worst posters on this site. You know absoulutely nothing about basketball, you should be happy that someone of my calibur would speak basketball with you. I'm done with you.

ESPN was more negative than just about any outlet - many were positive without reservation. Here is what ESPN wrote after our draft:

Chad Ford

Quote:

Round 1: Marvin Williams, SF, UNC (No. 2)

Round 2: Salim Stoudamire, SG, Arizona (No. 31)

Round 2: Cenk Akyol, G, Turkey (No. 59, from San Antonio)

Analysis: Can't slam the team that ended up with the best player in the draft, but something just doesn't seem right. Passing on Chris Paul and Deron Williams may come back to haunt the Hawks if they can't land a decent point guard in free agency or via trade. Marvin was a want. Paul and Williams were needs.

They blew their second chance at a lead guard in the second round. They had a shot to land Croatian point guard Roko Ukic at 31 and instead took an undersized shooter in Stoudamire who duplicates what Tony Delk already does for them.

d*ck Vitale

Quote:

Chris Paul will help Byron Scott's team for years to come, running the offense. I thought Atlanta would have been smart to take Paul instead of Marvin Williams because the Wake Forest guard would have fit in well with Josh Childress, Josh Smith and Al Harrington.

Marvin Williams — As I said, I felt the Hawks would have been better off with Chris Paul, but the selection of Salim Stoudamire with the 31st pick (top choice in round two) gave them a point guard who is an excellent shooter and the biggest steal in the draft.

nbadraft.net

Quote:

The Hawks made a great decision to hold onto their first pick and select Marvin Williams. In a weak draft at the top, Williams is likely the top player this draft has to offer. Williams has the potential to become a Jamal Mashburn type of offensive machine. He can shoot it from outside and has great strength and athleticism, plus he's a tremendous character guy. When you're building a team from essentially scratch, picking talent over need is the best philosophy. This team is a long way from competing, and sure there were players which would have fit positions more than Salim Stoudamire, but he brings the team a tremendous talent and much needed scoring. Cenk Akyol in the second round is a head scratcher. Especially with so many talented players available. But he could turn into something in 2-3 years time.

Sports Illustrated

Quote:

Marvin Williams could turn out to be the gem of the draft. Stoudamire is a potential steal in the second round, though he seems a poor fit for a Hawks team with no low-post scorers to draw double teams and get him open looks. Cenk Akyol is a nice long-term project. All in all, give them high marks for drafting for talent instead of need. But they might someday regret taking Stoudamire instead of a quality point prospect such as Roko Ukic.

Draft Express

Quote:

Marvin Williams was the player with the biggest upside on the board here and they did a good job in taking him, although I’m not sure that Chris Paul won’t end up being a better player and a better fit here. Salim Stoudamire is a decent pick at #31, although he most certainly won’t fill their void at PG. The Hawks get a C in this draft because there was no way they could screw up their first pick, and could have done a better job overall of filling their needs (everything besides SG and SF) instead of just adding two more players to the logjam at those positions. Despite having a nice mix of all around skills, Akyol is years away and should have never stayed in the draft. The problem is that he may not have the athleticism or upside to ever have gone any higher than this. With the #59 pick they could have done worse.

Global Sports Network

Quote:

The Hawks picked a couple of great players. Marvin Williams is touted as the player with the most start potential in this draft, and I agree. Salim Stoudamire is a lights out shooter, who has the type of attitude you want for a guy who needs to hit big shots. I don't know much about Akyol, except he's a 6'4" point guard whose only 18 years old. These players are great. But were they the best for the big-man challenged Hawks? I'm not sold. Williams plays the same positions as Josh Smith, Josh Childress, and Al Harrington. Salim is a 2 guard who they may try to play at the point. For a team that won less than 20 games, could they have used a true point and a big? I think so. I might have taken Chris Paul, or Raymond Felton, but I can't argue with taking the best player available. I just hope they don't turn into the Knicks.

Yahoo/Steve Kerr

Quote:

Marvin Williams is a great talent who might end up being an All-Star, but he didn't even start for his college team last season. It's tough to tell how good he really is. Salim Stoudamire was the best shooter in the draft, but he's not really a point guard, which is what Atlanta desperately needs. The Hawks may have gotten two dynamic offensive players, but will they fit the puzzle?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ESPN was more negative than just about any outlet - many were positive without reservation. Here is what ESPN wrote after our draft:

Chad Ford

Quote:

Round 1: Marvin Williams, SF, UNC (No. 2)

Round 2: Salim Stoudamire, SG, Arizona (No. 31)

Round 2: Cenk Akyol, G, Turkey (No. 59, from San Antonio)

Analysis: Can't slam the team that ended up with the best player in the draft, but something just doesn't seem right. Passing on Chris Paul and Deron Williams may come back to haunt the Hawks if they can't land a decent point guard in free agency or via trade. Marvin was a want. Paul and Williams were needs.

They blew their second chance at a lead guard in the second round. They had a shot to land Croatian point guard Roko Ukic at 31 and instead took an undersized shooter in Stoudamire who duplicates what Tony Delk already does for them.

Chad Ford was always the only one who said the Hawks should have did this. I remember guys on the broadcast like Jay Bilas was saying otherwise, not that it matter much, I wanted Deron Williams the most.

bk said the reason he didnt draft chris paul was because he likes big point guards but now u look at our roster and all see are small point guards so who is the hypocrite here?... in the end you pass up two real good point guards for a guy that will have a decent nba career... bk doesnt have a "plan" whatsoever and right now his only hope is if we draft oden and conely

Quote:

bk said the reason he didnt draft chris paul was because he likes big point guards but now u look at our roster and all see are small point guards so who is the hypocrite here?... in the end you pass up two real good point guards for a guy that will have a decent nba career... bk doesnt have a "plan" whatsoever and right now his only hope is if we draft oden and conely

that was a excuse, he knew damn well why he did what he did. Don't believe everything he says becuase he will say the most political correct thing.

• Moderators

Quote:

But honestly you could say that's hindsight because look at how good Childress and his team was back then.

Deng was almost universally regarded as a superior prospect and was considered the #3 overall prospect in that draft for much of the time. He slipped some right at the end.

Childress went higher than or as high as basically anyone predicted to the Hawks.

They were similar prospects but akin to taking Raymond Felton over Deron Williams.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

billy's good when it comes to first round talent

[/indent]

...that's a reason to fire a GM not keep him as 2nd rd "talent" isn't all that talented.

Frankly, we must narrow the "BK is good at" window. All his lottery selections were exceedingly poor. Many of his 2nd rd selections were not good but I think he's average there. His mid-1st selections have been good (Diaw and JS). Let's retain him to draft between 15-25 then. ::
shrug.gif

W

You are right because Washington was predicted to take Childress at 4 if I remember correctly. Also Josh Smith was predicted to be a top 5 pick as well but he slipped big time. I think that rumors got out that he was lazy. BK wanted Childress all alone but didn't think that he would be on te board. Once again the general consensus was that Childress was a better prospect than both Deng and Iggy. Go back and pull of the predraft boards from that year.

• Moderators

Quote:

You are right because Washington was predicted to take Childress at 4 if I remember correctly. Also Josh Smith was predicted to be a top 5 pick as well but he slipped big time. I think that rumors got out that he was lazy. BK wanted Childress all alone but didn't think that he would be on te board. Once again the general consensus was that Childress was a better prospect than both Deng and Iggy. Go back and pull of the predraft boards from that year.

NBA.com

Iggy #4

Deng #5

Chills #9

http://www.nba.com/draft2004/mock_draft.html

ESPN

Iggy #3

Deng #5

Chills #10

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2004/ne...tory?id=1826621

CNNSI

Iggy #3

Deng #5

Chills #8

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/bask...ock2/index.html

I am sure there are others out there but I couldn't find the final nbadraft.net one for some reason.

Guest Walter

Quote:

It was at least 50:1 the blurbs indicating Deng or Iggy were ahead of Childress on draft boards. Let's pull up what predraft boards we can...

ESPN's last 2004 mock draft had Iggy (3), Deng (5), and Childress (10).

Ford in a much earlier mock draft picked Deng ahead of Childress.

Chris Monter's 2nd and last mock had Iggy and Deng 3 and 5 respectively with Childress 8.

Usenet had Iggy (3) and Deng (4) going before us and Childress (9).

Jazz Hoops.com had Deng (3), Iggy (6), and Childress (10).

Fullsportpress.com had Iggy and Deng ahead of Childress.

There are more and I didn't find a single mock that had Childress above both Iggy and Deng...

How about the non-"professionals". Here's a fan's perspective. http://web.cecs.pdz.edu/~coscorrr/mock/ NOT ONE of the maybe 100 fan mock drafts has Childress ahead of EITHER Iggy or Deng!

IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE! Childress was the consensus worst prospect of the 3 prior to the draft! It was FAR more a consensus that Childress was the worst prospect of the 3 amongst he, Deng, and Iggy than MW was a better prospect than Paul or Deron. That's why the BPA nonsense with MW the next season just irritated me. BK hadn't drafted the BPA before or after (SW?!?) that. His rationale for picking MW was hogwash. And the notion that Childress wasn't the worst of the 3 (and that that wasn't reflected in the mock drafts) was just ludicrious.

Look it up for yourselves.

W

I don't know what station he was on but I vividly remember watching that draft and d*ck Vitale spending almost an hour bashing the Hawks for passing on Chris Paul after picking Marvin Williams. Bill Simmons and the rest of the folks at ESPN still bashes BK and Co. for making that pick to this very day.

Just because the 'experts' have someone as a can't miss prospect doesn't mean that you get him, especially when 1) there are about 31 small forwards already on the squad and 2), he isn't heads and shoulders above ANY of the folks currently on the roster at his position (then or now). The GM, who is supposed to be in 'the know', have scouts at his whim, and watched many more hours of tape on these guys than all of us combined should be able to separate the wheat from the chaff and make the right call more times than not. Sure there are misses but when you whiff on the 2nd pick like BK did, the team and its fans can be left feeling the breeze for years.

If BK wasn't as enamored with Paul or Deron Williams, he could've easily traded down to get Felton or Jack, while adding another first-round pick and/or veteran to help the cause. Both Charlotte and NO wanted MW badly; it was no secret that the Bobcats were willing to part with both of their lotto picks (5/13)to bring MW back 'home' to the Tarheel state in order to help fill the seats. BK could've used their exuberance to drive up the asking price between the two and STILL got a better PG than they have on the roster now.