• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Salim is SO underutilized....

bumpyphish1

Quote:

Where do you guys get this stuff? Lue with defense? His defense is no better than Lue's. Turning into some sort of poor man's Nash? I mean, seriously? Besides the fact that Nash is one of the greatest pure PGs in the history of the game and Salim isn't a PG in any sense of the word, I agree with you.

I think Stoudamire will be a good role player on the right team, but these comparisons are ridiculous.

Have you read me comparing Salim to Nash? So where do YOU get That stuff? Salim's defense has improved regardless if you think so or not. Read the post. With every offseason, an opportunity to improve is available. That is what players do. It seems your judgement is limited (judgement is by definition). Thank GOD Salim's chance to improve is not(limited that is).

It is sometimes embarrassing reading some of you speak as if you know all it is about someone else.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

To me, Salim is a very poor man's Jason Terry.

Except that he can shoot better than JT in his sleep.

??

JT

Career average:

FG%: 44.6

3pt%: 38.7

Salim

Career high:

FG%: 41.7

3pt%: 38.0

• Moderators

I'm not comparing him to Nash as a player. All I said was he has the quickness to breakdown the defense in the way that Nash does so well. And its an ability that no one else on our team really has except maybe Speedy.

Every player has weaknesses but we played the year with two decent outside threats: JJ and Lue. When they are down all the defenses had to do was keep us shooting jump shots and we were finished. If you don't think Salim could have been used effectively to counter this then you're in agreement with Woody on one thing.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

??

JT

Career average:

Salim

Career high:

You know that that is an intellectually dishonest comparison since JT has played on better teams and get better shots. Not to mention that he has played more mpg than Salim since he was drafted. More accurate comparison would be JT's first couple of years in the league where he shot 41% from the field and 29% from 3. or his second year when he shot 43% and 39% from 3. And by the way he played 37mpg his second year while avg 19.7 ppg and 4 apg. Does anybody here honestly belive that Salim couldn't avg 19/4 if he played 37mpg? He'd probably avg 27ppg.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

??

JT

Career average:

Salim

Career high:

You know that that is an intellectually dishonest comparison since JT has played on better teams and get better shots. Not to mention that he has played more mpg than Salim since he was drafted. More accurate comparison would be JT's first couple of years in the league where he shot 41% from the field and 29% from 3. or his second year when he shot 43% and 39% from 3. And by the way he played 37mpg his second year while avg 19.7 ppg and 4 apg. Does anybody here honestly belive that Salim couldn't avg 19/4 if he played 37mpg? He'd probably avg 27ppg.

Given that Terry's second year in the league he shot better than Salim's career highs from the field, why do you think he would average 150% of what Terry did in terms of PPG?

In games where Salim got over 30 minutes (noting for the moment that these were his best shooting games which is why he got so many minutes), he averaged 34 mpg and 21.3 ppg. That is a rate of 23.2 ppg per 37 minutes. If you add in the games where he got 20+ mpg then the average would drop considerably.

I am a Salim advocate on this forum but he needs to raise his shooting % before I am going to say he is a better shooter than JT. If he could approach somewhere between his NBA and college numbers, he would step up considerably in his %s and effectiveness. I think part of this for him is better shot selection and part will be a better "supporting" cast to create open looks for him.

Salim needs to learn how to pass. Even my girlfriend who never watches basketball said, "geez, does he ever pass the ball?"

I think a lot of that comes from Woody not clearly defining roles with his strange substitution patterns. Salim will play 20 minutes one game, then none the next three.

I see value in a guy like Salim. He could be great coming off the bench.

When I watch Salim, I see average quickness at best. And I CERTAINLY don't see him breaking down defenses and kicking out to open men. I don't see him passing AT ALL. Nor should he be. Salim is not a PG and never will be. He needs to be on a team where he can get open 3 point looks. He will be a devastating role player in that situation, a la Steve Kerr.

Quote:

When I watch Salim, I see average quickness at best. And I CERTAINLY don't see him breaking down defenses and kicking out to open men. I don't see him passing AT ALL. Nor should he be. Salim is not a PG and never will be. He needs to be on a team where he can get open 3 point looks. He will be a devastating role player in that situation, a la Steve Kerr.

Well since your viewing of the Hawks probably only consists of looking at box scores here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTw46XshKiA...related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc4LTs7yiIg

Salim interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR6hHCFHdJo

I can't view those clips because my firewall blocks it, but I can assure you that I watched more than a few Hawks games this year (I have NBA League Pass). Guards in the NBA are quick. Salim is average at best among those guards. He'll never be a penetrate-kick out guy. I mean, who could look at Salim and say "Yeah, he's gonna be a good penetrate-kick out guy." That's nuts.