• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Its official: Woodson back as coach next year

Sothron

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I'm so happy I didn't give these guys anymore money via tickets. This confirms that I made the right move and that this ownership is impotent and clueless.

Also, If I'm Josh Smith, after another year I walk. Loyalties to city and franchise could not begin to compensate me for this triangle of incompetence. Mind you, with our 4 year contract limitation that can only be put aside with the permission of Belkin, JS isn't getting a contract with us anytime soon anyhow.

W

Crap, I forgot about about the issues between JS and Woodson. This is just another bad decision by the GM/ownership that kills our future. Unbelieveable.

• Premium Member

Talked to some peeps and they are keeping him because they don't want to fire him just to pay him to sit at home AND they do NOT think a better coach would actually come into this situation until its finalized. Just as we feared. Said the same applies to Knight. chairs.gifchairs.gifchairs.gif

Guest Walter

Quote:

Crap, I forgot about about the issues between JS and Woodson. This is just another bad decision by the GM/ownership that kills our future. Unbelieveable.

Although that would seem at best strained. It's the ownership related contract restrictions that limit us from signing or trading for a contract over 4 year's in length without Belkin's approval. Belkin won't give it no matter what so we can't offer JS a reasonable length contract for a player of his value. However, the Woody/JS relationship makes it MUCH worse. Ownership is putting something ahead of what is in the best interest of this franchise. Who knows what and at what cost.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Talked to some peeps and they are keeping him because they don't want to fire him just to pay him to sit at home AND they do NOT think a better coach would actually come into this situation until its finalized. Just as we feared. Said the same applies to Knight.
chairs.gifchairs.gifchairs.gif

...for 2-3 years? They thought Speedy was worth what they paid for an expected 55 games (WTF!?!) and they thought Belkin was both on their side and not shrewd. This is modern day-FEMA incompetent.

W

"We knew he was injury-prone," Mullin said. "We hoped he'd play 55 games. Obviously he's got to go get himself healthy."

You give a guy a huge contract hoping he will play 55 games. laugh.gif

How'd this fool get a job?

The Hawks starting lineup is a piece of shyt even if the team is healthy. At this point I'd don't give a d@mn if the Hawks win the lotto or not get a pick at all. It will make no difference next year and beyond.

As long as you have fools running a team you will get losing results.

It doesn't matter if Speedy plays 70 games. He's not even a good player. If he was, he wouldn't have been thrown in the garbage by so many teams.

Just a small fry that doesn't even deserve to be in the league.

Read this and nearly puked, really, I am disgusted. I keep cheering for the laundry on guys backs, but I really don't know how much longer I can. It was one thing to watch the Braves implode, but you could see what they were doing in the late 80s. The Hawks are simply AWFUL, with no apparent plan to get any better.

I do realize that the Belkin issue is a dark cloud, but I can't take much more of this foolishness. The NBA has to find a way to get a settlement done between Belkin and the Spirit that gets it out of the courts so that it can be resolved quickly. A franchise can't survive with this mess going on. At some point the Hawks have to get better ownership or the team will fold.

You guys who are lawyers, is there any way the city of Atlanta and the state of Georgia could actually file some sort of legal motion or complaint claiming breach of contract or good faith with the tax payers who built the arena that the Spirit now runs? Seriously, something needs to push the two sides in this dispute to resolution. Neither the courts nor the NBA seem to have any ability/desire to move forward. Maybe our own law suit against both the Spirit and Belkin can force them to mediation and get a resolution. I know this is probably as realistic as the Hawks winning an NBA championship, but I am simply beyond tired of dealing with the mess that is the Hawks.

We have such a screwed up situation right now. I wonder if we got the 1 or 2 pick, would Oden or Durant go to court and claim they shouldn't be required to go into contract with such an uncertain situation?

Quote:

We have such a screwed up situation right now. I wonder if we got the 1 or 2 pick, would Oden or Durant go to court and claim they shouldn't be required to go into contract with such an uncertain situation?

They likely would not do that but could decide to pull out of the draft and go back to school for another year.

• Premium Member

Yes, I loved the fact they admitted they only thought to get 55 games a YEAR out of Claxton (????!?!??!) and paid him 24 million for four years!!! just to have him ride the bench. What kind of insanity is this? I can at least understand not wanting to throw bad money on a bad investment by firing Woodson now but why sign a FREE AGENT if you think he can ONLY PLAY HALF A SEASON?!?

It literally blew me away reading that the first time. Even more than the Woodson announcement. I have never seen a more incompetent ownership in any professional sport. There are wrestling promoters who could run the Hawks better than this.

Here is how we win...

Don't go

Don't watch

Don't vent

Don't Care

This ownership "group" of incompetent millionaires with zero sports knowledge has given me the middle finger for the last time.

Mike Woodson didn't win because of injuries? They paid nearly $25 million dollars to a scrub they only expected to play 55 games? Shelden Williams at #5?

IDIOTS!!!

How do you sleep at night knowing that you, ASG, are the reason loyal hawk fans now could seriously care less about this crap "team"...

I'm not upset with our players (with the exception of Craig Claxton); they do the best they can without a leader or the confidence that say a Marc Cuban exudes...

We need to follow the Mavericks example. They used to be terrible; the Jamal Mashburn, Jim Jackson, Jason Kidd led-teams we're AWFUL...

Interject Marc Cuban (a GREAT Owner), insert Don Nelson/Avery Johnson (outstanding reputable coaches), make some decent draft picks (Dirk Nowitzki at #9) and you're winning 60+ games.

As for Bernie Mullin, please... SHUT THE F*CK UP unless you're telling us that Billy Knight has been fired. You have no credibility and your words come out sounding like Cletus The Slack Jawed Yokel from the Simpsons.

The thing is they keep repeating that the injuries / talent excuse the W/L. But they completely ignore the fact that you can evaluate a coach by many things that he does, not just W/L.

Anyhow this is hardly unexpected. No one much better will come here until there is significant progress in the lawsuit.

That's probably the worst part of the injuries also. Most of us were looking forward to this year because either we would take a big step forward, or BK and Woody would be gone. Looks like the injuries have excused them for 1 more year, and have prevented either scenario from unfolding. If we had this record without the injuries, I think they would have been forced to fire BK/Woody, lawsuit or not.

I'm really glad Coach Woodson is back. Perhaps he will tweak his staff as we go forward to the draft, Summer leagues, workouts and training camp.

I think Coach Woodson is a fine coach.

I pray Coach the players and staff have a wonderful vacation and return on one accord into the '07-'08 season.

GOD bless Hawks.

leb.gif