• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Former Players that were traded or let go

ncthompson11

What would a team be like if we still had stephen jackson, terry, rasheed(one game still counts), or shareef. I know some of them were traded for other big time players but what if we didnt make dumb trades and trade away for nothing what would our team look like now? Just wondering since nothing is really going on with the hawks for a few weeks.

• Premium Member

Quote:

What would a team be like if we still had stephen jackson, terry, rasheed(one game still counts), or shareef. I know some of them were traded for other big time players but what if we didnt make dumb trades and trade away for nothing what would our team look like now? Just wondering since nothing is really going on with the hawks for a few weeks.

Rasheed Wallace was an expiring contract, he would have walked at the end of the season, we're lucky to have gotten Josh Smith out of the deal..

I too would have loved to keep Terry, but he wouldn't have resigned either, although I still bash BK for only getting Walker for him..

Stephen Jackson also wouldn't have resigned, we only signed him for a 1 year deal, we were LUCKY to get Harrington for him.

Shareef made WAY too much money and couldn't lead a team on his own. He's never been on a winning team in his life, just look how bad he was this year.. Not to mention we traded Shareef FOR Rasheed, so there's no way we could've had both of them together..

Guest Walter

Quote:

I too would have loved to keep Terry, but he wouldn't have resigned either, although I still bash BK for only getting Walker for him..

But we had to trade him in order to be bad enough to actually rebuild with some viable draft capital. It was the right move to trade Terry but perhaps we could have gotten more. BK did this part well enough only to not be able to take advantage of the lottery picks he got.

W

Quote:

Wasn't Terry only signed for 2 more seasons? I'm pretty sure Dallas has already had to resign him.

I think he was, but I am also pretty sure that we could have kept Terry permanently. I think he was one of those "I expect to retire with the team that drafted me" type of guys. But I may be wrong.

Quote:

Quote:

Wasn't Terry only signed for 2 more seasons? I'm pretty sure Dallas has already had to resign him.

I think he was, but I am also pretty sure that we could have kept Terry permanently. I think he was one of those "I expect to retire with the team that drafted me" type of guys. But I may be wrong.

So that's why he signed with Utah and begged Atlanta not to match the offer?

The best possible team we could have right now (with trades proceeding as is) is

Terry

JJ

Harrington

Wallace

Zaza

Which would absolutely be a better team right now - but it's still not a championship caliber team because of Zaza, and would be really expensive. is that team better than Mookie/Smitty/Corbin/Laettner/Dikembe? I don't think so.

• Premium Member

That's just the thing, we COULDN'T have that team, because Wallace would have never resigned, and neither would have Terry after last year.. Wallace would have been a 30 game rental had we kept him. We ONLY acquired him to dump salary and to use as trade bait..

I agree. No way was Wallace staying here. And I've always liked JT as a player, despite his lack of PG leadership skills in the 4th quarter.

But I'll trade JT, to get JJ any day of the week. Without that JT/Hendu for Toine trade, we don't have a chance to get all of that money off the books in the summer of 2005, to make a run at JJ.

So in the end, I'd rather have JJ than JT.

• Premium Member

After the Utah Ruckus... "I hate playing in Atlanta."

Terry tucked his tail between his legs and signed a 3 year deal under the "stone faced Gambler" BK.

less than 1 year later, BK moved Terry and Hendu for Walker and Delk.

The problem with Terry is that Terry couldn't be complimented. Babcock tried for years to find a player to compliment Terry. The last gasp effort was Diaw. Maybe there wasn't enough time given, but I just don't see it.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The problem with Terry is that Terry couldn't be complimented. Babcock tried for years to find a player to compliment Terry. The last gasp effort was Diaw. Maybe there wasn't enough time given, but I just don't see it.

I still think he could've gotten more than Walker..