• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Gearon Optimistic about hawks next season:AJC

ncthompson11

Guest Walter

Quote:

I was being sarcastic, hello! I guess by your theory Gilbert Arenus is a terrible player. lol

smirk.gif

I don't get you comment. I only believe that EVEN WHEN SARCASTIC if MW is described as "better than Bowdler or Ed Gray" it's still an insult to him...and I don't even think he's star good.

W

• Premium Member

Getting back to the OP, did you guys actually read some of those responses? LOL!!!!! I didn't realize so many people were so passionate about this team. Some of those responses came from pure frustration and hopelessness. The last few articles from the AJC concerning the Hawks have truly crushed my last speck of optimism about the future of this team. I was hoping that this was going to be Woody and BK's last season with this franchise. Now this???? If Gearon and the current ownership truly believe that BK and Woody are the best basketball minds in the league then all is truly lost. BTW, you can pretty much flush this draft down the toilet. mad.gif

• Premium Member

I happen to go to the AJC and check out the blog.. At first I thought it was an impersonator... however, when I read the statement we're not 4 for 4 with 4 hrs but more like 2 for 4 with a ground rule double and a walk...

or something like that, I knew that at least 1 of those Gearon Jr's was real...

So here's my take.

Gearon has the potential to be like Mark Cuban in his fan friendliness. As an owner, I believe that these guys would like to talk to the Hawks loyal and interact with the common man because they themselves are young and not so displaced from being ticket buying fans themselves. (I'm talking about Gearon Jr, Seydel, and Bruce.)... The difference is that it's strange to see an owner going to bat for his GM. That's Bernie's job. Still, there's conflict there...

Gearon wants to be fan friendly like Cuban...

But he doesn't want to defend BK every time out or be crucified like he's crucified over there at AJC...

This calls for a dieselputer suggestion.

To some of you who normally email Bruce and Gearon Jr. why not try this. Ask them if they would like to be a part of a moderated fan chat to be held before the draft lottery here on Hawksquawk. I think it will give them a chance to interact with the fans without being crucified. Unfortunately, BK will never do it. And Breakfast with Bernie is so limited. However, a moderated chat gives our mods a chance to take our questions and pick out the best ones and then have them to answer.. and then if the owners are really feeling good, they can conversate on the message board. Aside from the 75% ad hominem that goes on here, I think that there's 25% of conversation about the Hawks that's really good conversation and even debate.

Me myself personally would rather know about our plans concerning Speedy and the draft.

i.e. if we think Speedy will come back healthy, does that mean that we will focus on using the draft to get a big?

I would also like to know if the owners are looking for another guy with big pockets so that they can consider a buyout of Belkin?

At this point, Hawksfans have to realize what we got is what we got. If we want to make moves in the future, we seriously have to put ourselves in positions to do so.. that takes planning.

I cringe when I hear Gearon Jr. saying that BK is the smartest basketball mind that he has ever met. That's too much worship for an owner to have for the GM. If that's the case, maybe the owners should talk to other basketball minds and see what they think!

Dudes, I just dug up some ice out of the ground. I think hell is freezing over! Diesel made a good post!!!!

I agree about 100% with you, Dies-train.

I like the comment about Gearon being like Cuban interacting with the fans. I think he could be like Cuban but more respectable - less court jester, less controversy.

I love the idea of a moderated Q&A session. Please someone make this happen!

I actually think BK is a good basketball mind. But hey, that's just me. He f*cked up not taking Deng though.

• Premium Member

Cuban has more money.

Cuban's team is a winner.

Cuban has all control.

That's why Cuban's blog is the way that it is. He's got enough money and he's hands on and hands off enough to make it work. It's easy for an owner to fall back as a fan IF the owner can connect with fans as the face of his team. Cuban says free tacos everytime we hit 100 points... he can afford to make it happen. And the fans love it.

Cuban hurts like every fan hurts when his team loses. And he displays that side of himself to them and they accept him for it.

Our owners start their blog by blindly defending their mistakes. You can't be a fan and not hurt when fans hurt. It's like being the president and raising the price of pork and then expecting the people you lead to invite you to the barbeque!