• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is BK really that bad??

Diesel

• Premium Member

Bernie Mullin got me thinking....

They are using the Jedi mind trick and I am falling victim to it... Somebody debate this statement and help me see the light that BK really is this bad... Woody too!

Quote:

The projected top five -- guards Speedy Claxton and Joe Johnson, forwards Josh Smith and Marvin Williams and center Zaza Pachulia -- started only four games together due to a series of injuries that began in training camp!

This caught my eye in the Mullin says Woodson to return as Hawks coach article.

Here's what I know intellectually.

1. I know we're just not going to pay Woody to sit at home.

2. I know that no coaches will touch this job.

3. I know nothing Bernie ever says comes to pass.

4. I know that Bernie's just there to make the fans feel good about the product and he never intends on telling the whole truth about anything...

BUT....

He makes a very strong point quoted up above.

IF Speedy, JJ, Marvin, JS, and Zaza only played 4 games together... Doesn't that mean that the team that BK built never saw the court together? Somebody can check 82 games and see if they won all 4 lost all 4 or split them, but more importantly, who did we play and how did we play.. and Isn't 4 games nothing in terms of continuity either way?

This is what I remember. There was a stretch when Speedy was playing that he and us looked good. He was around the 8-9 apg mark and he was also collecting steals.

I think that time corresponded to JSmoove being back too.

So again...

How good can we be? Is BK really that bad?

Somebody release me from the Jedi mind trick with a sensible , logical argument.

It's a convincing statement for sure, it's at least enough to put the injury situation in perspective. And it isn't as if the starting 5 was disrupted to injuries to just one or two guys, it was all of them.

After I read it I had similar thoughts, but when we were relatively healthy we still had stretches of such poor performance that I'll only meet them halfway on this one. I'll give a little slack, but I still believe there are fundamental errors with the starting 5 that was envisioned.

Btw, didn't Zaza get benched for a while while Lo started, or was he aalways a starter when healthy?

Quote:

The projected top five
-- guards Speedy Claxton and Joe Johnson, forwards Josh Smith and Marvin Williams and center Zaza Pachulia --
started
only four games together due to a series of injuries that began in training camp!

Do you watch the games? If you did you would know that Zaza lost the starting job to Blo Wright for a significant part of the season. Bernie overlooks this to make the injury situation look worse than it actually was.

Yep. Wright started several games. Made sense. The old

man was much better starting than he was off the bench.

He didn't play an extra lot of minutes as a starter,

but it didn't bother Zaza to come off the bench as much

as it did Wright.

Injuries to key starters for the Hawks meant that a lot of

bench guys played a lot of the season - - Still, Woody

kept his "doghouse" in operation - - Refusing to play

certain players - - Which I personally didn't like.

Woody believed in overusing some players while others

sat. At the end of the game, these overused players

didn't have that extra energy needed, so we kept losing.

Between injuries and not having position players available

because the GM didn't provide them - - We're still not

a complete team - - We keep waiting and hoping - - -

turtle2.gif

Quote:

Bernie Mullin got me thinking....

They are using the Jedi mind trick and I am falling victim to it... Somebody debate this statement and help me see the light that BK really is this bad... Woody too!

Quote:

The projected top five -- guards Speedy Claxton and Joe Johnson, forwards Josh Smith and Marvin Williams and center Zaza Pachulia -- started only four games together due to a series of injuries that began in training camp!

This caught my eye in the Mullin says Woodson to return as Hawks coach article.

Here's what I know intellectually.

1. I know we're just not going to pay Woody to sit at home.

2. I know that no coaches will touch this job.

3. I know nothing Bernie ever says comes to pass.

4. I know that Bernie's just there to make the fans feel good about the product and he never intends on telling the whole truth about anything...

BUT....

He makes a very strong point quoted up above.

IF Speedy, JJ, Marvin, JS, and Zaza only played 4 games together... Doesn't that mean that the team that BK built never saw the court together? Somebody can check 82 games and see if they won all 4 lost all 4 or split them, but more importantly, who did we play and how did we play.. and Isn't 4 games nothing in terms of continuity either way?

This is what I remember. There was a stretch when Speedy was playing that he and us looked good. He was around the 8-9 apg mark and he was also collecting steals.

I think that time corresponded to JSmoove being back too.

So again...

How good can we be? Is BK really that bad?

Somebody release me from the Jedi mind trick with a sensible , logical argument.

For the record:

1. Milwaukee's project starting five (Mo Williams; Michael Redd; Bobby Simmons; Charlie Vilaneuva; and Andrew Bogut) never shared the court at any point during the season (Simmons missed the entire season).

2. The Bucks suffered from about the same number of missed player games as the Hawks. Everyone of their starters and several key reserves missed significant time.

3. The Bucks had a better record then the Hawks.

4. The Bucks fired their coach for underachieving mid-season.

• Premium Member

Yeah, I know that Zaza lost his starting Job to Lo and Shelden (later in the year).. Yeah, I know that Speedy also found his way to the bench for a stretch (but couldn't tell if it was his play or his injury.).. You're starting to pull me back up...

Projected is the key...

• Premium Member

Quote:

For the record:

1. Milwaukee's project starting five (Mo Williams; Michael Redd; Bobby Simmons; Charlie Vilaneuva; and Andrew Bogut) never shared the court at any point during the season (Simmons missed the entire season).

2. The Bucks suffered from about the same number of missed player games as the Hawks. Everyone of their starters and several key reserves missed significant time.

3. The Bucks had a better record then the Hawks.

4. The Bucks fired their coach for underachieving mid-season.

The Bucks had 28 wins, we had 30 wins.

The firing of Stotts was unusal considering that they seemed to be in tank mode. By the middle of March Bogut wasn't really playing every game and they had Reiner playing.