• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Andrew Bynum

jezmund

After Kobe's recent statement, does this guy get moved? If so, are we willing to get involved. I think we have the assets to get him if we want him. Some package of these assets:

Josh Childress

Marvin Williams

Zaza Pachulia

Shelden Williams

Tyronn Lue

I imagine Childress wouldn't mind going back to the West coast and I think he'd be a great complement to Kobe.

Childress / Lue / (Shelden or Zaza) for Bynum? Is that enough? Do we need to include Marvin or #11 (assuming we have it)? I feel like Marvin would all of a sudden turn into a star in LA so I'm not willing just to throw him in.

Childress / Lue / Zaza for Bynum / filler or Childress / Salim / Zaza if it is difficult to match salaries.

Conley / JJ / Marvin / Smith / Bynum

Guest Walter

Quote:

After Kobe's recent statement, does this guy (Bynum) get moved? If so, are we willing to get involved. I think we have the assets to get him if we want him. Some package of these assets:

Childress / Lue / (Shelden or Zaza) for Bynum? Is that enough?

I posed Childress/Harrington for Bynum last year for the same GD "LA is a "win now" team reason. Got [censored] for it. What were they thinking?

Bynum is more proven this year than last, so he's worth more. I'd send Childress, MW, or the 11th pick (I can't see them wanting the pick) AND SW or ZaZa for him immediately. Bynum is going to be a stud. He's a year young than MW and plays the last position to develop, but the kid is a stud.

W

LOL LA won't give up Bynum to get Jason Kidd, but you think they'll give him up for Childress and Zaza? That's not even close to realistic. He's their center project and has exceeded expectations to date. They're not giving him up until they see just how good he gets unless they get a top notch player like a KG in return. We have nothing realistic to get Bynum from LA.

Quote:

LOL LA won't give up Bynum to get Jason Kidd, but you think they'll give him up for Childress and Zaza? That's not even close to realistic. He's their center project and has exceeded expectations to date. They're not giving him up until they see just how good he gets unless they get a top notch player like a KG in return. We have nothing realistic to get Bynum from LA.

feedtroll.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

I think they will want more proven talent than what we would offer but I do think LA has realized that passing on Bynum for Kidd was a mistake. The way Bynum played the second half of last season and in the playoffs has lowered his value to a franchise that does seem to be in "win now" mode moreso now than last year.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

feedtroll.gif

Tell me again how SW was supposed to be our answer on the interior again Sir Black Knight. Bynum was and is a player we should have pushed HARD for and even given up a significant amount for. Instead we've3 got GSUteke's fave in SW, an increasing lottery pick forward glut, and still no center or Pg. Great.

W

Quote:

I am sure that after this playoff performance they will have to reassess their position.

If I am Billy Knight I would offer this trade.

Marvin Williams/#11 pick

Bynum/LA's first

IT is essentially a project for project trade. The difference is is that Marvin is further along in his development than Bynum is. Marvin is due to breakout this year. It also allows LA to rectify the mistake of trading Caron Butler away. Marvin is the third scoring option that could move the Lakers into the upper echelon of the WC. But to sweeten the deal, they also get to move up 10 or so lots in the draft. They could pick up, say a Noah, if he slides. But there certainly will be a valuable player available at 11.

For us, it allows us to get our big man if we fail to get a top 3 pick. Since Speedy is signed for the next 3 years, big man is the biggest priority. We could also still get lucky and draft a good pg if Law or Critt falls.

• Premium Member

I used to have this football coach... Everytime a player get hurt, he was say the same thing... "Put some ice on it". A friend of mine dislocated his petella... "Put some ice on it." One of the O-Linemen slipped a disc in his back.... "Put some ice on it". Running back had Pneumonia.... "Put some ice on it"...

Seems like everytime somebody makes a point to Walter, we here the SW card being played. I noticed that this thread started out not being about Shelden or even the Hawks bigs... Walt say " Tell me again how SW was supposed to be our answer on the interior again"

Coach Hill, Is that you?

Would we be interested in him? He has 2 gigantic years on his contract left. If Speedy was included we'd pretty much be gaining a ton of payroll over the short term but gaining a chunk in what would be Speedy's last year.

Could Lamar have a role on our team with JJ / Smith / Marvin?

I see him as a lackadaisical player sometimes BUT he is still a threat. I'd rather pay $15M to a guy getting you 17/10/5 than $10M to Speedy/Lue. Not that that makes it right but when you approach it that way it doesn't seem like as much money.

------------------------------

Speedy / Pachulia / Salim for Odom? I don't know of the deal but I was just wondering how he'd fit. I'd almost go as far to say that on defense, Odom is no worse than Pachulia right? Golden State seems to be working the no-Center game. Just wondering....I'm bored in the offseason already.

Quote:

Odom would be perfect. He would be versatile enough to take minutes from all our important young players. Perfect BK trade target.

I am hoping that post is saturated with sarcasm.

He would be perfect for the ultimate 5 forward line-up though! tinfoil.gif

Guest Walter

Quote:

I used to have this football coach... Everytime a player get hurt, he was say the same thing... "Put some ice on it". A friend of mine dislocated his petella... "Put some ice on it." One of the O-Linemen slipped a disc in his back.... "Put some ice on it". Running back had Pneumonia.... "Put some ice on it"...

Seems like everytime somebody makes a point to Walter, we here the SW card being played. I noticed that this thread started out not being about Shelden or even the Hawks bigs... Walt say " Tell me again how SW was supposed to be our answer on the interior again"

Coach Hill, Is that you?

....rebuild, like a dropped arch affects your whole kinetic chain. We weren't the model of rebuild health before the SW pick but now we're limping and holding our back. We could use a little ice on this rebuild.

I stressed fixing our interior through a center prospect. Bynum was my primary person of interest and he was available for the right price. We had the right price for a win now LA team.

However, the same mindset that prefered a midget Pf with little NBA potential when we had JS and MW at the forwards prevailed. How fortunate we are that we have such incompetence both in this forum and manaaging the Hawks.

But some ice IN it Diesel.

W

• Premium Member

Dude, go find something new to harp on. It's pathetic. This conversation started off having absolutely nothing to do with Shelden. You brought him up as a distraction.

You're the broken record on Hawksquawk. You have 4 topics:

1. Shelden Sucks. I wanted Roy.

2. Marvin Sucks. I wanted Paul (but really you didn't want Paul!!)

3. Chillz Sucks. I wanted Deng.

4. I want Bynum.

I can go to any post with your name on it and one of these will be the subject.

The robot on Lost in Space had more to talk about.

Guest Walter

Quote:

You're the broken record on Hawksquawk. You have 4 topics:

BK sucks.

Not that hard for even you to grasp I'd think even though you find yourself intertwined and aligned over SW the promised reach.

BK sucks. Constant errors of omission and comission. When talking about our interior needs one cannot avoid mocking the SW decision to resolve them. What shame you must feel for your own exposed and BK-aligned inadequacies.

W

• Premium Member

What do you gain from continually posting BK sucks?

He's still GM.

Is there nothing else on the Hawks that you would like to discuss??

This is not the essential messageboard for BK suck fans. This is the messageboard of Hawks fans.

But your statement explains a lot. You can't appreciate anything that BK has done.

So you probably harbor some hate for JJ?

I mean, BK stood up to his boss for JJ... It was a major moment in BK's life as a GM... Therefore, you must not like JJ a whole lot too?

Interesting.

Guest Walter

Quote:

What do you gain from continually posting BK sucks?

Hopefully more than you gain from continually posting MW sucks.

Quote:

He's still GM.

I don't believe I am participating in a democracy but I do believe that unless there is enough external pressure the current ownership will have NO reason to change GMs. That speaks to the relative competence of our ownership.

Let me put it another way, if every hawk fan were like KB certainly ownership would have NO, NONE external pressure to fire BK. In fact, there might be external pressure to extend his contract. If every Hawk fan were like myself (for example), there would be enormous external pressure to fire BK. That external pressure would be reflected even moreso at the gate, jersey sales, etc. Change does happen this way even in a dictatorship.

Quote:

Is there nothing else on the Hawks that you would like to discuss??

I frequently discuss (firing) Woody, his lack of tactics, his willingness and ability to injure players through wreckless coaching practices, his excuses.

I frequently discuss ownership incompetence.

I frequently discuss our need for a Pg, our need for a potentially dominant center prospect if we are to play JS at the Pf position, trades I think bring in players that will improve the team like Bynum or Gasol, draft prospects (about which I do not screw up like you with SW), resigning Batista...

Quote:

This is not the essential messageboard for BK suck fans. This is the messageboard of Hawks fans.

We are undoubtedly to the point that if you love the Hawk franchise, you SHOULD hate BK.

Regardless, I thought it was the "MW trade of the day" messageboard based upon your posting history.

Quote:

But your statement explains a lot. You can't appreciate anything that BK has done.

Which is why I posted a thread entitled "the TEN things I like about what BK has done". bullwhip.gif

Mind you, I do not think they are the major things. In a gut and rebuild it's mostly how you draft in the lottery. Regarding that BK absolutely sucks ass.

Quote:

So you probably harbor some hate for JJ?

What?

Quote:

I mean, BK stood up to his boss for JJ... It was a major moment in BK's life as a GM... Therefore, you must not like JJ a whole lot too?

Man, you are an idiot.

Quote:

Interesting.

Yeah, very.

pillepalle.gif

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

wow.gif

I just spit my drink all over my laptop.

Thanks.

Because you can't love this franchise AND BK and you can't "spit your drink" (sounds personal) over BK without loving him.

Nice play there MrH.

W