• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Great win tonight boys

Admin

JT was money in the 4th and Big Dog was on again. Once again Theo has a dominating game and shut down Oneal for the most part. I seriously hope that Pete doesnt break this team up because they are about to make a serious run at the post-season. We beat the Pacers 7 out of 9 quarters these past 2 games and they are the best team in the east. I cant wait to see if this recent run of inspired play will last or not!

• Premium Member

Pete will make a move and call it a financial one. If nothing else, JT will be moved for financial reasons. I don't think that the Hawks want to bid for his services knowing that in three years he's still not a good PG.

I would think that JT/1st for Miller would be Joy to Babcock's ears.

Sterling would consider it too, considering that otherwise he loses Miller for Free and JT just might fit a whole lot better with that team...

I can handle moving JT for Miller, but I will not stand for a trade to just clear cap space. Honestly though I think this team just needs a solid ball handling SG to play in the backcourt with JT to make us be a much better team. When Dion is playing well we are a pretty good team. If we just had a veteran who was better than Dion we could really make a move this year. I have to think that since Nazr isnt playing much lately that we are trying to keep him healthy to move him in a deal, hopefully straight up for Crawford or Mike Miller.

It seems the Bulls are going to keep Crawford out of spite.

I, personaly, don't think any of the big three should be moved. They haven't had enough time to get themselves on the same page. Chemistry is the problem with this team. Don't do anything that will mess up what chemistry they are starting to gain.

Jason Terry can do more than most point guards in this league. They shouldn't trade him off because he doesn't fit what they feel is the prototype for a point guard.

• Premium Member

Actually, KB... They should.

Not only does JT not fit the prototypical PG...

He also doesn't fit the Hawks NEEDS.

With Glover, GROB, and SAR... The hawks need less of a scoring PG and more of a prototypical passing PG. They need a Jason Kidd/Andre Miller type who can distribute and score when neccessary.

I'm not saying that JT is always a Shoot first pG. His stats show that he looks to get assists. However, he doesn't make plays. i.e. He still can't find a player on the break. He still doesn't see players in their spots. There's none of that chemistry that is needed from the PG position. I can remember Jordan talking about playing Allstar games with Isiah. He would say that it wasn't anything verbal, but whenever, he broke... Isiah would "Make eye contact" and would find him. I have been watching JT for three years now... He just doesn't have that kind of court awareness. Every move that JT makes on the court is Telegraphed. Every pass is predictable. For the pass three years, I can tell you exactly what JT will do coming down the court. He walks it in.... Plays around with the defender if neccessary, hands the ball off to one of his teammates and defers the responsibility of initiating the offense. It's like watching the same video clipp over and over.

People say give JT another ball handler. I say.. Yes, JT will be much better with Derek Anderson or Doug Christie in the backcourt. BUT why should we have to go out and get a specialized player and still have to pay JT big money. What happens if Anderson fouls out or gets hurt?

By now, JT should be dependable. It's a shame that Wilks and Dickau can come along and halfway run the offense better than JT (at times). Embarrassing. These are Rookies.