• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Golden States real playoff seed

ncthompson11

What do you guys think the warriors playoff seed would have been if they had the guys from the inidana trade the whole year? There talent just seemed too good for them to be an 8 seed. Id say they would be about a 5 seed if they had this team the whole year.

• Moderators

Quote:

What do you guys think the warriors playoff seed would have been if they had the guys from the inidana trade the whole year? There talent just seemed too good for them to be an 8 seed. Id say they would be about a 5 seed if they had this team the whole year.

The bigger question is how good they would have been had their team simply been healthy, IMO. Missing Baron Davis, Jason Richardson, etc. for much of the year is tough.

Harrington banished to the bench by Nellie was a tell tale sign that we got rid of him at the right time. Glad we got anything for him.

JT played like garbage. Not a PG...barely even a SG. No defense, no passing.

Dampier, who everyone wanted, played almost nothing and is completely overpaid. See also: Adonal Foyle, whom some here also wanted.

Jackson did play well, but he is crazy, so we had to part ways. Shame, too, because he shut Dirk down to the point where Dirk was completely passive for almost the whole series.

GS had all but one piece in place (Jackson), and subtracted every piece of dead weight. They got healthy at the right time, and beat a team that waltzed thru the regular season. The Jazz will be tougher to beat, but it can be done.

All in all, seeing Al Harrington get garbage/filler minutes makes BK look good at this point. I was against the trade at first, but now I see where he SHOULD be valued.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I am pretty sure we have the #11 pick? If I am wrong, please correct me.

We won't know for sure until 5/22.

We know we have a future #1 pick from Indiana and a greater than 90% chance of that being the #11 pick this year.

That definitely has value.

Quote:

Harrington banished to the bench by Nellie was a tell tale sign that we got rid of him at the right time.

All in all, seeing Al Harrington get garbage/filler minutes makes BK look good at this point.

It could be a MATCHUP strategy. They wanted to play SMALL BALL w/ the MAVS.

Harrington could play more in the 2nd round vs Jazz.

except that their first attempted SMALL BALL line-up had Harrington at C. But it wasn't effective enough and so he got pulled. He may get more time against Utah, but I would say it is unlikely that he gets in the starting lineup again this offseason.

I think Utah will win the series in 5 games or less. Boozer and Okur are going to KILL the Warriors' "big" men and Williams will play B Diddy to a draw (I think B Diddy will wear down due to his chronic injuries). GS might surprise me but I think Utah will get to the WC finals relatively easily.

Quote:

Quote:

The bigger question is how good they would have been had their team simply been healthy, IMO. Missing Baron Davis, Jason Richardson, etc. for much of the year is tough.

Sorry . . we can't use that "excuse" for the Warriors.

Seeing that the injury situation had very little to do with the outcome of the season for the Hawks, it shouldn't be a legit excuse for the Warriors barely making the playoffs.

Hard to say what their seed might have been, but I just really like this GS team. I love the way they play, they've got energy in spades and this no fear attitude that is very admirable. And why not, what have they got to lose? To me it's a mark of that teams character that they had to win 9 of their last 10 and I believe 11 of their last 12 games just to get in there as the 8th seed, and they did it despite all the odds against them. Really impressive....

Baron is getting most of the accolades (and rightfully so) for that first round ouster of the Mavs, but it was really an entire team effort- with the exception of Al Harrington, who at best was virtually invisible throughout that series, at worst he was very detrimental to their efforts.

The work of Matt Barnes just continually blows me away. Talk about a pure energy player, he was all over the place making great plays in every area...great passing, solid and aggressive defense, getting steals and creating turnovers for his teammates, hitting huge 3's, driving to the hoop and either drawing the foul, dunking it, or laying it in...I can't say enough about how well that kid played. And the fact that he was a street free agent available for anyone to grab, and had been waived by 4 or 5 NBA teams, it's just amazing to me.

Where the heck was BK when this guy was out there just waiting to be signed? confused.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

Sorry I wasnt sure if we got anything for harrington or not. I still thought we could of got a player for him along with the draft picks.

I am also 100% we could have gotten a player, too. BK was under marching orders (or made the decision himself to preserve cap space) not to bring back any salary. That is why we only negotiated seriously with Indiana.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry I wasnt sure if we got anything for harrington or not. I still thought we could of got a player for him along with the draft picks.

I am also 100% we could have gotten a player, too. BK was under marching orders (or made the decision himself to preserve cap space) not to bring back any salary. That is why we only negotiated seriously with Indiana.

that the Indy trade (might have) turned out as well for us as possible (11th pick) and the Pheonix trade might turn out as poorly for us as possible (4th pick, Rondo, and Diaw doing well).

Certainly the Pheonix deal involves more capital, but that's some roller-coaster of extremes. Wish we had protected our pick better. It would be nice to have 2 picks in this draft IMO seeing that we continue to have two gapping holes to fill. Here's hoping. If so...faint2.gif

W

Although hindsight really is pointless at this juncture, I still don't mind that trade all that much. Boris Diaw would have never been ANYTHING in Atlanta as long as Coach Woodson was here and Steve Nash / Coach D'Antoni were not. I do like what Rajon Rondo has been able to do here and there but I don't ever see him being the deal clincher if you will. The #4 is based highly on potential. Guys like JWright, BWright, Yi, Brewer, etc. There is a severe drop off after #2, obviously. I think it is a crapshoot from #3-#15 to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have that pick. This is a very deep draft of solid players but I still think Joe Johnson ends up the best player out of the deal. Who we pick at #11 is what I'm worried about, not who PHO picks at #4. If Conley is gone and Critty is there at #11 (no good Centers available) and he tested well, I'm all about keeping him in Atlanta.

Quote:

and Diaw doing well

Well that's kind of a stretch, as he's been one of the most disappointing players in the NBA this season. Rather than progressing and taking the next step forward- his game has actually regressed, somewhat dramatically. Apparently he came into camp this past off-season out of shape and with his head not fully into basketball..which leads me to think that this is maybe the real Boris Diaw- the one all of us Hawks fans know and love (not so much).