• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Golden States real playoff seed

ncthompson11

I think the Jazz may take them to the shed. As good as they looked in the first round, Dallas put their skirts on and ran. The Jazz are going to be ready.

Kinda similar to what's going on in Detroit right now.

• Moderators

Quote:

Wish we had protected our pick better. It would be nice to have 2 picks in this draft IMO seeing that we continue to have two gapping holes to fill.

This is one that I called at the time of the trade. The one reservation I had with the deal was the lack of protection on our pick.

After the Glenn Robinson and Lorezen Wright deals turned into lost lottery picks, I argued strongly that we needed to buffer ourselves by protecting the pick because we would be giving up our chance to really improve if we still stunk and lost a high lottery pick.

Otherwise, the trade is the aggregate is definitely still a good one for us. JJ >> Rondo, Diaw (and I love Rondo). Getting the best player in a basketball trade nearly always indicates you are the winner of that trade, unlike more team oriented sports like baseball, football, etc.

I just wish we would have top 10 or at least top 8 protected our pick for this year.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

...I just wish we would have top 10 or at least top 8 protected our pick for this year.

I'd be happy with top 5. The odds are greater that we get the fifth pick than any other (comparing them individually).

With hindsight, that is probably all we need. I wanted the pick top 8 or top 10 protected at the time.