• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

F*** Stephen Jackson

warcore

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont have a problem for him saying that b/c we the laughing stock in the NBA. Who wanna come to Atlanta with the ownership situation unless we overpay them to play here. We had a dumbass GM who will continue to make mistakes this offseason and we have a dumbass coach who thinks its ok 2 bench our young players(Salim,Shelden&Josh)and continue 2 make coach mistakes. Im not mad at him for saying that. I hope we get bash even more so we can see some changes around this team or else look for another losing season.

Quote:

i dont have a problem for him saying that b/c we the laughing stock in the NBA. Who wanna come to Atlanta with the ownership situation unless we overpay them to play here. We had a dumbass GM who will continue to make mistakes this offseason and we have a dumbass coach who thinks its ok 2 bench our young players(Salim,Shelden&Josh)and continue 2 make coach mistakes. Im not mad at him for saying that. I hope we get bash even more so we can see some changes around this team or else look for another losing season.

Remember a few years ago when Jason Williams, of Grizzlies at the time, said to reporters in frustration "People talk about the Hawks being the worst team, naw, we're the worst."

Humiliating these owners seems to be our only recourse. I wish more people would say these things. Jackson has played for both ends of the spectrum. I am no fan of his, but he surely knows the difference between a winning organization and a losing one.

Quote:

Quote:

Remember a few years ago when Jason Williams, of Grizzlies at the time, said to reporters in frustration "People talk about the Hawks being the worst team, naw, we're the worst."

Humiliating these owners seems to be our only recourse. I wish more people would say these things. Jackson has played for both ends of the spectrum. I am no fan of his, but he surely knows the difference between a winning organization and a losing one.

Hope that is true, but I seriously doubt it. I think they are handcuffed by the court matter.

At this point the only way out for us any time soon is to get a top three pick. Two weeks we'll hear.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hope that is true, but I seriously doubt it. I think they are handcuffed by the court matter.

At this point the only way out for us any time soon is to get a top three pick. Two weeks we'll hear.

If anything, it is even sadder that our owners are such dumba$$es that they let this situation occur. The organization is flawed from the very top.

That is not an excuse for the incompetence of BK and Woody, but if the Hawks had capable owners those two would be long gone.

• Premium Member

I think Jackson is correct.

The context was being in the playoffs.

Let's not fool ourselves people. We have not been in the playoffs since..... Since..... How long has it been. Since... Deke left.

You get respect in this league by going to the playoffs. Being young and bieng in the lottery doesn't get anybody respect.

So what we have to do is change our appearance from being a team that can't to a team that does.

• Premium Member

I think we are handcuffed and really the only way out will be a buy out. I hope that AS realizes that and has aligned themselves with one of the billionaires around Atlanta who likes basketball. Ted Turner comes to mind. Also if they can find some of those COX children and talk up the Hawks as an investment. The bottom line is that ownership needs to be clearned up. Mainly... Get rid of Belkin.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I agree 110% This organization deserves that. The ASG are making money at the expense of the fans. It may be the Las Vegas Hawks in the future!

Atlanta is set at SG, SF, and PF for the next 10 years. the C is serviceable in today's NBA with the lack of true post players available.

the team is a legit PG away from being in the playoffs. the team is a legit PG, possibly a Center, and 2 years of further development from Marvin, Smoove, and Chillz' games away from being a contender with said PG.

by that time Baron Davis will be on his way out of the league, Al Harrington will be playing for his 6th team, and Stephen Jackson will likely be incarcerated.

I'm OK with where we're at as of 9:32 AM on Tuesday, May 08 2007.

• Moderators

Thank you. Its f**ckin Golden State we're talking about. Did he fire a gun in air after he said that? How hard is it to say 'Utah's a good team' period. Is there a need to dis the Hawks at the same time. Aren't the Hawks the 4th worst team? Why not pick the 3 others who are crappier.

Utah will play defense. Jax will shoot 30% from the field.

• Premium Member

It's is essential that every Hawks fan have Hope.

My hope is that we will have good enough players to run the table.

I hope that Speedy comes back 100% if or if not we draft a PG.

I hope that we utilize Lue's, AJ's, and Lo's trade value.

I hope most of all that our ownership situation is resolved.

Quote:

Atlanta is set at SG, SF, and PF for the next 10 years. the C is serviceable in today's NBA with the lack of true post players available.

the team is a legit PG away from being in the playoffs. the team is a legit PG, possibly a Center, and 2 years of further development from Marvin, Smoove, and Chillz' games away from being a contender with said PG.

by that time Baron Davis will be on his way out of the league, Al Harrington will be playing for his 6th team, and Stephen Jackson will likely be incarcerated.

I'm OK with where we're at as of 9:32 AM on Tuesday, May 08 2007.

I guess hope is all we have, but it is not like Golden State is ancient given that they have promising and emerging young talent like Biedrins and Ellis already on their roster and already contributing at a high level.