• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Isn't Acie Law the 'best PG' in this draft?

HAWKS1986

• Premium Member

That team made two memorable bids into the tourney..

That was the second year when they lost to Kentucky.

The first year was I remember them playing Dikembe and Iverson(?)... My memory is fuzzy... I think they lost that game?

But when you watched that team, it was all street ball. One on one matchups being exploited...

I think that's why Sura was so good. He picked up the ability to take his man off the dribble and to find an open man.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Both are five-star prospects and check in at No. 20 and 21, respectively. Junior college forward Othello Hunter rounds out the "Thad Five".

Good for you. You found a Fab Five comparison. But for some reason you didn't respond to the rest of my post. I wonder why.

Since you are so good at research maybe you could find the last freshman pg with an assist/turnover ratio comparable to Conley's. Actually i would be surprised if you could find any college pgs, even seniors, with a comparable ratio.

I am not calling him a stiff man. I am just saying that he possibly could be a product of a superior supporting cast. Like I am sure Wojo at Duke had a kick azz ast/TO ratio.

Wojo's ast/TO ratio his senior year was 2.56:1.

His best season he had 2/3 of the assists Conley did last year.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

We'll see about him. I don't want to but I question Law at the next level. I can see JC and MC as interchangable on any draft board.

Law is the best candidate of the three.

I don't know what "best candidate" means. It's meaningless. Like SW was "most NBA-ready". It's meaningless. Jibberish. I don't think Law is bad. I don't think he has as much upside. I think after 4 years of Pging he should average more than 5 APG. I think when I watched him he was a combo guard somewhat, without the talent to justify taking him over better PROSPECTS with more potential.

Quote:

About Conley.

No Oden. It's easy for a 5'11 guy to take over a College game.

It wasn't just any other game. It was against Georgetown, it wasn't the only time in a game or game in which he took over, and it was a work of Pg art.

Law had 2 very impressive games also. I prefer to look at the whole and the trajectory as I want to draw a king or ace with this pick, not a 10 or Jack.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=1176

Quote:

About Critt..

Again, PGs over 6'4 are unusal simply because they go on to play OG... Critt has very good potential, but I watched his last game. PG in the NBA will be just as hard as PG was that day.

Critt is a monster true Pg prospect. He is a true Pg. No question about it. The question for me is how long (I don't care really if the upside is there) and how good are the other guys. Conley's close IMO.

Quote:

About Law...

6'3. Clutch shooting. Good passing. Good defense. What more do you want?? His only weakness is that he's not lightning fast... BUT, do you have to be? Deron is not either.

Law can shoot. No doubts there. He's had 4 years to perfect the college 3. Good for him.

1.1 SPG, 3.3 RPG, 5 APG Those are Law's stats. Despite leading both Crittenton and Conley in MPG by at least 3 MPG, Law averaged fewer steals, rebounds, and assists than the FRESHMEN Pgs Crittenton and Conley!

ALready Crittenton and Conley are more productive all-around players. This is significant.

Conley has shooting ???s, Crittenton has TO question marks, Law has the athleticism, upside, and combo guard ???s. Between the three Crittenton's are the most addressable. We'll see about Conley's shooting perhaps. Law's athleticism? We'll see. Upside is that after 4 years freshman Pgs with fewer MPG still put him to task in terms of steal, rebound, and assist productivity. Not good.

W