• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My Off-Season moves: 4 for 4

Swatguy

Providing we get a top three and 11/12/13 picks. Draft Durant at 1/2 or Brewer at 3. Trade Marvin and Salim/Lue for Chris Wilcox and 2nd round pick (any year). Draft Javaris at 11/12/13. Sign Jarvis Hayes. Trade/sell/waive Lo and AJ/Lue/Salim.

Lineup:

Speedy-Javaris-AJ/Lue/Salim

JJ-Jarvis

Durant-JChildress

JSmith-Shelden

Wilcox-Zaza-Solomon

That is a 12 man roster that Makes the playoffs, for sure. judge.gif

Wilcox is not very good. I wouldn't want him as a starting center. Back-up power forward fine, but nothing more. Even though Marvin has disapointed, I still think the Hawks could do much better in a trade then Wilcox.

Plus, if given the opportunity I would take Oden over anyone in this draft or the past three drafts combined.

I find it unlikely that the team goes into next season with Speedy, Lue and AJ all on the roster.

Quote:

Providing we get a top three and 11/12/13 picks. Draft Durant at 1/2 or Brewer at 3. Trade Marvin and Salim/Lue for Chris Wilcox and 2nd round pick (any year). Draft Javaris at 11/12/13. Sign Jarvis Hayes. Trade/sell/waive Lo and AJ/Lue/Salim.

Lineup:

JJ-Jarvis

Durant-JChildress

JSmith-Shelden

Wilcox-Zaza-Solomon

That is a 12 man roster that Makes the playoffs, for sure.
judge.gif

Rather than Wilcox I'd trade Lue to Lakers for their pick and draft Big Baby. You get the same result for a cheaper price.

Quote:

Wilcox is not very good. I wouldn't want him as a starting center. Back-up power forward fine, but nothing more. Even though Marvin has disapointed, I still think the Hawks could do much better in a trade then Wilcox.

Plus, if given the opportunity I would take Oden over anyone in this draft or the past three drafts combined.

I find it unlikely that the team goes into next season with Speedy, Lue and AJ all on the roster.

Wilcox at 6'10" is an agile rebounder with post moves and defends. He also has a mean streak which this team really needs. Wilcox takes care of an additional post scorer (Zaza does score), an active defender and rebounder.

My roster has Speedy and only one of Aj/Lue/Salim, not all three as you post.

Quote:

Rather than Wilcox I'd trade Lue to Lakers for their pick and draft Big Baby. You get the same result for a cheaper price.

Big Baby is not close to Wilcox. Wilcox has proved he can score, defend and rebound in the NBA. Big Baby has not proved any of that in College.

Quote:

Quote:

Big Baby is not close to Wilcox. Wilcox has proved he can score, defend and rebound in the NBA. Big Baby has not proved any of that in College.

You're right. He was only the SEC player of the year and avg 20/10 He's proved nothing.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You're right. He was only the SEC player of the year and avg 20/10 He's proved nothing.

You are right but he does shrink in some big games and 4th quarters. Wilcox has occasioned 20/20 against grown folks.

Quote:

...You're right. He was only the SEC player of the year and avg 20/10 He's proved nothing.

Face it JB...some team will pick up Big Baby on the cheap (where we may have been able to get him if we still had our second round draft pick)...and he will be next years Milsap.

We will likely get another "lump of coal" in our trick or treat bag. grumpy.gif

He could be tractor traylor. But I think that he will be a player that the media will proclaim "came out of nowhere." Like Ryan Gomes or Josh Howard or even a Milsap. Even though they were the best players in their conferences for years.

If Big baby came out last year he is a lottery pick. He was more of a reason for LSU's success two years ago than Tyrus Thomas was.

• Moderators

Quote:

As far as I know, Wilcox is neither a good rebounder nor a good defender. He is athletic, but that is about it. In addition, most of his scoring is in the form of put-backs and dunks rather then a dependable arsenal of low-post moves.

That sounds about right to me.

Quote:

Lineup:

JJ-Jarvis

Durant-JChildress

JSmith-Shelden

Wilcox-Zaza-Solomon

That is a 12 man roster that Makes the playoffs, for sure.
judge.gif

I love getting Brewer at #3. He is everything you need in an NBA SG/SF and great compliment to JJ.

We have to agree to disagree on Crittendon. He plays sloppy in college meaning it will be worse in the NBA.

I would love to have Law and Brewer though. That team has potential to be great with the 4 building blocks of Law,JJ, Brewer, Smoove, and Wilcox and Za & ZA at center is an upgrade for us.

Brewer could gardthe quicker SGs for JJ and let JJ catch a breather on defense. Chils currently does this when he is in the game but Brewer is actually fast enough to keep up and is 2 inches taller then Chills. Brewer has the speed Chills should possess at such a light weight.

I love the Brewer pick at #3.

I have always been a Marvin fan, but I would go along with a trade now. I don't think he will develop much under Woody. He'll do better somewhere else where they actually have an offence and a real coach. A trade now would be good for Marvin and for the Hawks - unless we get a new coach. Might be better to try to trade him to Portland for Sergio and change.