• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Fair trade?: Childress to GS for Monta Ellis

HAWKS1986

He is not a true PG but with JJ in the backcourt he wouldn't have to be. I think he could be a 20/6 guy as starter for us next year and better than that down the road. I can't see any PG in this draft being better than Ellis in the next two years and Crittendon is the only one I could see being better down the road.

I agree that Chillz is better than Pietrus but Pietrus is a solid player who can shoot the 3. I don't know if I would do the proposed deal but it is certainly not "stupid."

• Premium Member

Actually,

GS would not do it.

I'm not saying that they value Ellis because I think they plan to move him.

From what I have heard, Nellie Loves Pietrus... I don't understand it.. What does this guy do?

Maybe he speaks French and calms everybody.

Guest Walter

Quote:

He is not a true PG but with JJ in the backcourt he wouldn't have to be. I think he could be a 20/6 guy as starter for us next year and better than that down the road. I can't see any PG in this draft being better than Ellis in the next two years and Crittendon is the only one I could see being better down the road.

I agree that Chillz is better than Pietrus but Pietrus is a solid player who can shoot the 3. I don't know if I would do the proposed deal but it is certainly not "stupid."

...and I agree with the assessment of Monta Ellis being LIKELY better as a player (and for the Hawks) than any Pg in the draft. I do like Crittenton alot however.

You don't get someting for nuttin'. We would have a ready-made starter in Monta to pair with JJ. An offensive jugernaut backcourt.

W

• Moderators

I wouldn't slam Chills too hard for being injury prone compared to Pietrus.

Here are the games they have played in their careers:

Pietrus

Chills

Obviously, Chills has the better track record as far as games played.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Obviously, Chills has the better track record as far as games played.

...For one of those years. I can't find a worse injury for him. That's better than 3 foot fractures. Over time that builds up. You can't keep breaking feet or even having the same injury time after time and it not affect you.

Point taken however. I didn't realize Pietrus was out 30 games for two of his 4 seasons.

W

• Moderators

Quote:

Over time that builds up. You can't keep breaking feet or even having the same injury time after time and it not affect you.

I worry about that with Chills as well. Hopefully, he will have a more consistent workload next season and get better monitoring from the medical staff to prevent a reinjury.