• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Law or Conley, who'd you rather have

Frenzy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd be cool with ether one. but to answer the question...

if we got iden then i would want conley since they would already have chemistry.

other than that though i would choose law since he has more expirence and has shown the capability to make big shots.

Quote:

if we got iden then i would want conley since they would already have chemistry.

other than that though i would choose law since he has more expirence and has shown the capability to make big shots.

I think Conley has more potential over time, but you gotta wonder if BK isn't under the gun to make it happen next year. That being said, he will need someone to come in and make a contribution soon, and that's Law. How this shakes out will have to wait until the drawing. Then there will be celebration or weeping.

It is difficult to say prior to the workouts. Based on what I've seen, I'd take Law. Law can shoot, Law can shoot under fire. Law can penetrate and get to the rim. Law has a more athletic body and can be a ball handler. My big question is about their defense. People may not realize, we have a guy under contract that is a Top-Notch defender penetrator that can make the pass. Conley would have to be a very good defender to be better than what we have (when healthy that is.)

So between the two, Law.

Quote:

Quote:

I think Conley has more potential over time, but you gotta wonder if BK isn't under the gun to make it happen next year. That being said, he will need someone to come in and make a contribution soon, and that's Law. How this shakes out will have to wait until the drawing. Then there will be celebration or weeping.

i agree thumb3d.gif

If Woody actually lets the team loose to run on offense Conley is our man.

If Woody want to continue to play at a slow pace Law is our man.

I think Law fit's Woody's style more or should I say the Hawks personel more. I give Woody no flack for not running more.........Here is why:

Everyone thinks the Hawks have this team that should be out running people. I don't see it.

JJ is actually kind of slow for a SG, heck he is 6'8'' 225 lbs. Marvin and Chills are slow for a SF. Za Za is average at center. Smoove is the only guy with a quickness advantage at his position on a nightly basis. Now if we got a Corey Brewer type SG/SF we could then be a transition team. (Hence #3 and #11 pick fall to us)

The way the Hawks are built is to be more like Utah. Push the break when its there but don't be a Golden State/ Phoneix and push the ball every possession at all cost. Our personel is not built like that thoughthe popular opinion om THIS BOARD seems other wise.

I like Law with the personel that is currenlty on the team. If we get a fast break demon to pair with Smoove, like Brewer, I go with Conley at PG is he is there at #11. Chills and Marvin can't be expected to out run their SF matchup on a nightly basis, they are simply to slow.

Next year Marvin has to develop a back to the basket post game. Then we post up JJ or Marvin (depending on who the opposing teams smaller wing player is on). That is our best chance at some much needed low post offense to run some sets out of.

Conley is gone by 11...no need to even waste time discussing it. When JC does his workout stuff he will likely vault ahead of Law into the top 8. I see Law as the only possibility for us and he is the worst option of the 3. Law is fine...but, not a game changer.

JC and Conley both have big time futures in the league.

Granted I have left off the negatives....but the positives sound pretty good to me... tongue.gif

NBA Comparison: Steve Francis

Strengths: Tremendous combination of size, athleticism and playmaking ability ... Quick first step ... Excellent vision and passing skills ... His size allows him to see over defenders and make passes that the average 6-2 PG could not ... Shows great heart, very competitive. Wont back down from a challenge ... Very quick, an elite level athlete ... Loves to dunk on players ... Excellent body strength ... Rhythm shooter, with good slashing and scoring ability ... His huge hands give him excellent control of the ball ... Very unselfish player ... Excellent foot speed, overall quickness and effort makes him a tough defensive player ... Works hard to improve his game, very coachable ... Has a great attitude, confident but not cocky ...

Quote:

Conley is gone by 11...no need to even waste time discussing it. When JC does his workout stuff he will likely vault ahead of Law into the top 8. I see Law as the only possibility for us and he is the worst option of the 3. Law is fine...but, not a game changer.

You must be a biased Texas fan.

LMAO @ the most clutch player in college basketball who single handedly carried his team not being a gamechanger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUzdfREPYZ4

Quote:

Granted I have left off the negatives....but the positives sound pretty good to me...
tongue.gif

NBA Comparison: Steve Francis

Strengths: Tremendous combination of size, athleticism and playmaking ability ... Quick first step ... Excellent vision and passing skills ... His size allows him to see over defenders and make passes that the average 6-2 PG could not ... Shows great heart, very competitive. Wont back down from a challenge ... Very quick, an elite level athlete ... Loves to dunk on players ... Excellent body strength ... Rhythm shooter, with good slashing and scoring ability ... His huge hands give him excellent control of the ball ... Very unselfish player ... Excellent foot speed, overall quickness and effort makes him a tough defensive player ... Works hard to improve his game, very coachable ... Has a great attitude, confident but not cocky ...

Sounds more like Baron Davis to me.

• Moderators

Quote:

Personally, I think there are so many talented forwards this year that we will likely see at least two of the top three point guards available for the Hawks. Obviously workouts can change things, but teams like to draft big rather than small and there are a lot of long, athletic players in this draft.

Quote:

Personally, I think there are so many talented forwards this year that we will likely see at least two of the top three point guards available for the Hawks. Obviously workouts can change things, but teams like to draft big rather than small and there are a lot of long, athletic players in this draft.

Yeah I was worried about the success that PGs are having recently dictating where they are drafted this year and the top notch PGs going before we pick.

But you're right there are way too many talented 3-5 players for that to happen.

Players that are guaranteed to be taken

1)Greg Oden

2)Kevin Durant

3)Al Horford

4)Brandan Wright

5)Julian Wright

6)Roy Hibbert

7)Yi Jianlin

8)Joakim Noah

9)Corey Brewer/Jeff Green (Perhaps one falls but not both)

That means at the most one of the top 3 PGs will be taken and no more.

If 2 teams actually do take PGs we still are guaranteed a solid PG or we might decide to go with a player that has no business falling like Joakim Noah or Roy Hibbert.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Everyone thinks the Hawks have this team that should be out running people. I don't see it.

JJ is actually kind of slow for a SG, heck he is 6'8'' 225 lbs. Marvin and Chills are slow for a SF. Za Za is average at center. Smoove is the only guy with a quickness advantage at his position on a nightly basis. Now if we got a Corey Brewer type SG/SF we could then be a transition team. (Hence #3 and #11 pick fall to us)

I have to disagree here coachx. First off, Chillz is a very good runner. He fills lanes very well. 2ndly, everybody knows that to be a running team, the only thing you need is speedy on the wing, PF, and PG. Usually (in most running schemes that I'm acquainted with) the C trails and the SG sets up outside. For an example.. go back to Phoenix when they had "Slow JJ". Did JJ ever slow Phoenix' run down?? Heck no. JJ was the guy who would help handle the ball and would set up for three.

About Conley...

I don't like the look of him. He's too small. He could probably lead a fast break, but he has no Chris Paul about him... I doubt that he's so durable. Law on the other hand is big. Well, he's on the Slightly big side of normal for a PG. It scary to think of a backcourt with Law and JJ.

We are current lineup, Running is what we could do best. As you know, running hides flaws. The main one being Size. Running also highlights strengths.. The main one being team turnover differiential and blocked shots.

Let's face it, playing this slow game has highlighted all of our flaws.

We are the worst scoring team in the NBA. We are the worst 3 pt shooting team in the NBA. We are the worst fast breaking team in the NBA. We are almost team assists team in the NBA...

Our scoring screams the need for a PG. Our scoring also screams the need for an offensive identity. Giving the ball to JJ and standing back won't get the job done. He's a secondary Option type player which means that after our first option is exhausted, giving him the ball will make for very easy scores.

I think Up-tempo is our answer. That is until we can get as many team assists and PPG as Utah.