• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Paul Milsap is just better than Shelden Williams..

TexasPete

No, you didn't moron. Because there were games that weren't televised. You not only don't know basketball you lie.

Take the time and go back and look at both players numbers for THIS FULL YEAR. Go see which player played the most. Go see which player produced the most.

Your way too easy. You should change your name from Gutz to Putz.

BTW, Milsap actually played on a better team that will make the conference finals. Go look at the rookie of the year numbers. See where SW ranked...the 5th rotten pick of the draft. Another Dukie bust.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Milsap can actually move on the court. He can put the ball on the floor and he has a good mid range jumper.

The point about SW being a better college player is just stupid. Great college players fail in the league all the time. Duke has a track record of busts in the league. At the very least a lot of their players do not reach the hype they had in college.

Milsap was a beast in college. I believe he led the nation in rebounding. He has a motor that SW can only dream about. Sloan would never trade Milsap for SW...NEVER. And since he actually knows what he is doing, unlike around this forsaken franchise, I would take his opinion over BK's or Gutz.

BTW, Gutz, I have seen the Hawks play 1000x more than you have. If SW were any good this lousy team would have played him more. The scrub couldn't even play for the HAWKS!!!

if Gutz had seen the Hawks play let's say 25 times do you realize that you would have had to have watched 304 seasons of Hawks basketball for that statement to be true?

Shelden's PT was a Woodson issue over a Shelden issue. he looked like he was every bit of a 5th pick early on.

It's too soon to write off the Shelden selection as a mistake. give him a couple of years in the league to show a legitimate sample size to base an opinion on.

Now Marvin Williams........ that sucker better show us something next year. The honeymoon is over.

I would like to see a thread predicated on the subject of team building. it seems like there's alot of player bashing going on around here.

let's examine some of the cause and effect scenarios of these individual decisions, like trading for Joe Johnson to be the PG. how would that have played out if the Hawks had drafted someone like Paul or Deron?

to be fair and balanced it seems to me that if you are going to complain about a decision such as drafting Marvin over Deron please be fair enough to consider the possibility that the Joe trade may not have been swung as a result.

Subsequently this would have affected last year's draft as SG (Roy) may have been a position that made sense at #5.

Oh i'm sorry I missed one or two road games that weren't televised. I went to the other ones that were at Home. I guess i'm a liar now! Yeah maybe you should go back and look at the numbers. Shelden was putting up a double double everytime he played 25+ min. The games he was getting under 10+ min he didn't produce. Bottom line is when Shelden is given minutes he PRODUCES!!!!!!!!

Quote:

That's all i'm trying to say really here gsuteke. All these two clowns do is bash Shelden when it's not even his fault or his play that made his numbers low.

I wouldn't go as far as to say "it's not his fault."

Accountability is something sorely lacking on Atlanta's team. I think they drafted Shelden in part to provide some of that. ultimately it's up to Shelden to do so.

Quote:

Quote:

I like how you left off my next two sentences about Roy. Walter we had absolutely no need for ROY!!! So I guess your saying bench JJ? That makes tons of sense

Well, if Josh Smith is the Hawks starting power forward then how does Sheldon make sense?

For what it is worth, Portland has indicated that Roy will play point guard for them next season.

FWIW that experiment will last about as long as playing Joe at the point did in Atlanta. in theory you would think having a player like Roy at the point would create matchup problems in your favor, however in practice usually the opposite holds true.

If Roy plays PG for Portland full time they've got another lottery selection in 2008 to look forward to IMO.

• Premium Member

If we were to offer Utah Shelden in exchange for Milsap...

Not only would they take him, they would laugh throughout the press conference and we'd look like NJ after they took Rumeal for Mookie..

And that's stupid.

Guest Walter

Quote:

For what it is worth, Portland has indicated that Roy will play point guard for them next season.

We wouldn't want a Pg with TALENT here now would we.

W

Quote:

Not only would they take him, they would laugh throughout the press conference and we'd look like NJ after they took Rumeal for Mookie..

And that's stupid.

Shelden would be a beast in Utah's system. he'd have a point guard to get him the rock. he'd have other players around him that understand the concept of team defense. there wouldn't be much of this talk had Shelden went to Utah somehow.

Guest Walter

Quote:

if Gutz had seen the Hawks play let's say 25 times do you realize that you would have had to have watched 304 seasons of Hawks basketball for that statement to be true?

Shelden's PT was a Woodson issue over a Shelden issue. he looked like he was every bit of a 5th pick early on.

It's too soon to write off the Shelden selection as a mistake. give him a couple of years in the league to show a legitimate sample size to base an opinion on.

Now Marvin Williams........ that sucker better show us something next year. The honeymoon is over.

I would like to see a thread predicated on the subject of team building. it seems like there's alot of player bashing going on around here.

let's examine some of the cause and effect scenarios of these individual decisions, like trading for Joe Johnson to be the PG. how would that have played out if the Hawks had drafted someone like Paul or Deron?

to be fair and balanced it seems to me that if you are going to complain about a decision such as drafting Marvin over Deron please be fair enough to consider the possibility that the Joe trade may not have been swung as a result.

Subsequently this would have affected last year's draft as SG (Roy) may have been a position that made sense at #5.

Are you kidding me? Are you suggesting that if "team building" were the standard, we should be somehow grateful for the team building we have done?

Man you are F'd up. "Fair and balanced" my arse. You cannot under any circumstance defend this horrible ownership, GM, and coach under the notion of "team building" They have [censored] up team building more than they have the 3 lottery picks. You can't defend it UNLESS you are captain ASG.

W

I agree. There are some people who are natural pessimist. It is obvious who they are. As Diesel has pointed out, Sheldon's numbers are pretty impressive when he played without his shoulder brace. When our team's only banger was healthy enough to bang he averaged 9ppg and 10 rpg. Sounds good to me for a rookie.

I don't see any part of Milsaps game that is better than what Sheldon gives us. If Sheldon played for the Jazz, Sloan would have proved this.

From a pysical stand point Sheldon's body is much bigger, and more developed. Milsaps looks like a puffy, soft, marsh-mellow man. He does not seem in quicker or more atheltic then Sheldon. Milsaps arms don't appear to have any extra length on them to give him any reach advantage.

Someone mentioned Milsaps has a better motor then Sheldon. I don't see how you come to this conclusion when Milsaps never plays more than 5 to 7 minutes at a time to prove what kind of motor he has. From Milsap's soft physical stature he appears to be in less then great shape.

Milsaps does play for one of the top 3 coaches (if not the best Coach) in the NBA. However, from a individual stand point I honestly don't see any advantages Milsaps has over Sheldon. I do see several advantage Sheldon has over Milsaps such as more size and strength and much better stats when healthy.

On the difference of Woody and Sloan being the size of the grand canyon. Agreed 10000000000000000 %.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

And that's stupid.

Shelden would be a beast in Utah's system. he'd have a point guard to get him the rock. he'd have other players around him that understand the concept of team defense. there wouldn't be much of this talk had Shelden went to Utah somehow.

You wanted SW. He's a 5th pick waste on a bad team unlike a good role player on a good team against good competition purchased IN THE 2ND ROUND! Live with it. Your defense of his selection is pathetic.

W

I doubt Roy will be playing PG. I think he can, but they already have Jack and Sergio - if they trade Jack I think they'll play Sergio next to Roy. If they move Roy to PG, then they'll have to rely on Webster who isn't ready yet for the SG spot. (Another kid who should have gone to college first.)

• Premium Member

Shelden can be a beast on our team. He's a good 11 to 12 rebound per game if we can get him 28+ mpg.

His scoring is not Boozer like yet, but he has a very fundamental set shot and if he works on his offensive footwork in the post this summer, who knows? In 28 mpg, we may be talking about 17/11.

• Premium Member

Yeah...

Jack is too productive to trade just so that Roy can play PG. I think if they had a trade of Jack to a team that landed them a SG, then maybe Roy playing PG could be the case... Or if they were going to trade for a combo guard like Gordon, then Roy playing PG could be possible, but I don't see them moving him to PG just to bench Jack.