• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Paul Milsap is just better than Shelden Williams..

TexasPete

Guest Walter

Quote:

Can you imagine how much they are going to regret paying Banks and Diaw like $13M/year while they are trying to unload Marion because they don't want to pay the luxury tax?

I just look at the $13 million we have invested in the BU Pg position if I want to find sympathy for them.

W

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Can you imagine how much they are going to regret paying Banks and Diaw like $13M/year while they are trying to unload Marion because they don't want to pay the luxury tax?

I just look at the $13 million we have invested in the BU Pg position if I want to find sympathy for them.

W

See my comments above.

Milsap got the better of Shelden in their head-to-head matchups in summer league and I said back then that Milsap looked like a better player just based off of seeing those performances. And nothing I've seen since then has changed my mind.

Milsap's stats are better and he looks more skilled and more athletic to me, plus they're both about the same size. So yeah...to me Milsap looks like the better player right now. Maybe Shelden would have improved his numbers in the Jazz system, but I'm just going off what I've seen.

Vdunk, your observations are the same as mine. I've figured out that there are people on here who don't watch a lot of other teams play and then they offer up opinions on guys they haven't seen much.

Millsap can really move and is 3x the athlete that Shelden is...he is a rugged defender, has a nice face up J, and makes a lot of hustle plays Shelden cannot make due to being too stiff.

I'm 100% convinced that every GM in the league right now, if given a choice, would take Millsap because he is a better basketball player NOW. I don't care how many DPOY's Shelden won. The better player now is PM and I don't think it's all that close when defense is factored into the equation.

i think what people have been missing in this argument of sheldon vs millsap is that sheldon is a natural 5 and millsap is a 4.

the only reason why sheldon is being crucified is because he wasn't worthy of being the 5th overall pick in the draft. he's a 6'8 center. he lacks the lateral quickness and overall speed to guard other power forwards. he also lacks the size and strength to guard the better centers in the league.

but when looking at both players purely from a skill set comparison. millsap is a much better rebounder, brings a lot more energy (willing to bang with the big boys down low), and has much more lateral quickness to stay with other power forwards. his offensive skills are fairly raw and he scores most of his baskets by picking up trash and as a result of playing with a very good point guard.

sheldon on the other hand will turn out to be a serviceable nba player. you noticed his improved play once he got some significan minutes playing with aj and a healthy lue, as compared to speedy. sheldon has a much more refined offensive game. as he adjusts to the speed of the nba game he will be ok, but he still wasn't worth the 5th overall pick.

if i had to choose between the two, i would take millsap because i think he fills more of the hawks needs than sheldon.