• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is JJ even close...

DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

Quote:

Baron, Deron and Kidd are much bigger than those guys and in my view that works in their favor. Just look at the pgs that are still playing and it is obvious that size isn't a negative.

Baron Davis is a lead guard like Wade, so I have no problem with you using him in your argument. Deron and Kidd have proven they can lead a team at the point, something Crittenton has yet to do.

It's my opinion that Law would be able to provide the immediate impact next to JJ that Woodson/Knight will be looking for. Conley and Crittenton will take more time.

If the Hawks don't think Law can be a successful off-guard and Conley is already taken, I see the Hawks reaching (once again) on a big man.

Quote:

Baron Davis is a lead guard like Wade

If you are trying to argue that Baron isn't a pg you have completely lost me. Barons playmaking/ballhandling skills punk Wade. Barons big problem has always been that he is too much of a chucker but his pg skills are excellent.

Baron has been the MVP of the playoffs easily so far.

Riley sees Wade as a shooting guard which he why he brought in Jwill and GP. What other established pgs are on the GS roster?

• Premium Member

Ex, I'm talking more in terms of how much they dominate the ball. For the Hawks, Joe Johnson fills a similar role as Baron Davis. (Even Speedy deferred to JJ). Knight/Woodson will be looking for a complimentary player to JJ, and I think they'll decide on Acie Law.

I don't see JC as being ready to be a compliment to JJ next year, which is why I think the Hawks won't take the risk.

• Premium Member

I hate to see you continue to put up Baron Davis, Kidd, and Deron as if they are Big. They are the right size to play PG. 6'3" is excellent PG size. 6'5" is a SG turned PG... That's what I see with Critt. Sure, he's good in College, so was Pepe Sanchez. However, Critt's skills will have to matchup and I don't know if that's possible with all these smaller, faster PGs running around. General Physics, it takes more energy for Critt to play PG unless he's going to make himself a lot smaller and play smaller than he really is. Like I have said before, generally, bigs don't fair well playing PG...

• Moderators

Quote:

Barons big problem has always been that he is too much of a chucker but his pg skills are excellent.

With his suspect shot selection and poor free throw shooting in past seasons, Baron has always reminded me of a more talented Antoine Walker. Both can be deadly effective when they are on or can crash a team when they aren't nailing their threes and playing intelligently.

Quote:

which is why I think the Hawks won't take the risk

I don't see this big risk you keep talking about. I like Law and surely he is better than Crit now but the Hawks have 3 veteran pgs on the roster. It just isn't that big of a deal if they bring someone in who isn't ready to take over right away.

It isn't like the Hawks will be title contenders next year. BK has shown time and again that he isn't a short term thinker. He tries to build for the long term, he just isn't very good at it.

Personally i think all of this criticism of the 3 pg prospects is silly. The Hawks were extremely lucky to land the 11 pick. They are also lucky that Crit and Conley declared when they easily could have stayed in school. I like all three.

To me this pick is like found money assuming BK doesn't blow it by failing to take a pg.

Quote:

I hate to see you continue to put up Baron Davis, Kidd, and Deron as if they are Big. They are the right size to play PG.

They are all 200 pounds or more which is big for a pg. If these smaller faster pgs were so dominant then Kidd, Baron..etc would be having a hard time. That hasn't been the case.

• Premium Member

Have you been watching them play???

They are great size for PG. Plus they are great strength for a PG. Baron Davis can post up just about anybody. SO can Kidd.

You're missing the point, the point is not that 6'3" is a bad size. I believe that 6'3" is damn near perfect. Hell, Law is 6'3". I think that when you get into 6'5, 6'6" and 6'7", unless you're Magic and we have some rule changes, then you're going to have a hard time in this league playing PG. Ask Jamal Crawford and S. Livingston.

Quote:

Yes i am. The big pgs are all playing while the little pgs, except for Parker, are sitting at home.

Quote:

You're missing the point,

No you are just changing the point. You were saying that

bigger guys aren't quick enough to keep up with the little guys because of physics.

If a pg is over 200 pounds he is big and too slow to keep up with smaller pgs. And according to you if a guy is two inches taller than Billups then then those two inches make him to slow to play pg.

Not buying it.

Guest Walter

Quote:

They are great size for PG. Plus they are great strength for a PG. Baron Davis can post up just about anybody. SO can Kidd.

You're missing the point, the point is not that 6'3" is a bad size. I believe that 6'3" is damn near perfect. Hell, Law is 6'3". I think that when you get into 6'5, 6'6" and 6'7", unless you're Magic and we have some rule changes, then you're going to have a hard time in this league playing PG. Ask Jamal Crawford and S. Livingston.

Exodus was right the way Crittenton always had his head up and forward when dribbling. He is always looking to make a play. I know Law can shoot NOW, but he couldn't as a freshman. Considering that Crittenton does everything else (but TOs but that will come) better already as a Freshman and it won't belong before his shooting is better, this is just hogwash.

More steals, assists, blocks, rebounds in fewer minutes as a frosh relative to a a senior. Can't hate on that.

W