• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Running Man

TheDude

in the draft we all know we have two needs...pointguard and center...

one thing also to consider is our type of play. are we a running team? i know we have the players to do it but not the point to do it. but i do beleive all three pgs can be successful in that type of atmosphere...

but what about centers...many have talked about Hibbert but i don't beleive he can succeed in running. Noah would be good in that aspect.

so long story short. what type of offense we run will tell us if a particular center is good for us. we'll probably get a point in which case, i have wasted my time typing this. but if we don't, and we do go for a center who do we get based on the type of offense?.............and more importantly, what type of offense will we have? we didnt seem to have one this year.

I agree we gotta get Oden somehow. I hope the basketball gods smile down on the Hawks for ONCE on Tuesday. Just ONCE!!! I think he would instantly catapult this team into at least low seeded playoff spot next year with JJ, Smoove, Marvin and Chill all improving. Give us Oden!!!

11.9% chance actually but your right. I'm not getting my hopes for a team as cursed as the Hawks especially in the draft lottery where we haven't had a #1 pick since 1975. You can still dream though.

I don't get why you can't execute a fast break team with a slow center. The showtime Lakers were the best and it didn't matter that Kareem lumbered up the court behind everyone. Kareem would start the break with a great outlet pass.

What is a "running team"? Doesn't that just mean that you frequently run the fast break on defensive rebounds? We still need someone in the middle to get that rebound who is a skilled passer. Hibbert can do that.

I think the running team concept where you have 5 thoroughbred athletes on the court at a time is a little overblown.

Quote:

in the draft we all know we have two needs...pointguard and center...

one thing also to consider is our type of play. are we a running team? i know we have the players to do it but not the point to do it. but i do beleive all three pgs can be successful in that type of atmosphere...

but what about centers...many have talked about Hibbert but i don't beleive he can succeed in running. Noah would be good in that aspect.

so long story short. what type of offense we run will tell us if a particular center is good for us. we'll probably get a point in which case, i have wasted my time typing this. but if we don't, and we do go for a center who do we get based on the type of offense?.............and more importantly, what type of offense will we have? we didnt seem to have one this year.

Woodson has been coaching this team for years and we still don't know what kind of offense the Hawks are running. pillepalle.gif

yeah, all i see is lue drive in and come back out...or give the ball to joe and let him take somebody (and the rest of the team too)...we try the high pick but consistently without success because we almost never throw it to the big man in that case, it's like we do it for show.

the best thing we do on offense is interior passing i feel..a lot of that has to do with Chill and Smoove..