• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

JB's offseason Plan

Johnnybravo4

This is probably the most realistic plan we could hope for.

Since we probably won't win the lottery and lose our pick to Phoenix, our best bet will be to:

Draft Crittenden with the 11th pick (I think Conley will be gone)

Offer Darko 7 mil per year. Since Orlando will probably offer VC a max deal, we should be able to steal Darko away without much challenge.

Extend Smoove for 5 year 60 million.

Sign and trade with LA and send Childress and Lue to L.A. for Luke Walton and a second round pick. With the second round pick, draft Big Baby.

Lineup

Speedy/Critt/AJ

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Walton

Smoove/Shelden/Big Baby

Darko/Zaza/Solo

That is a long lean talented team with hustle players like Walton and Solo, and young playmakers like Smoove, JJ and Crit.

Hope that our youth develops. Simple

that would be a pretty good offseason...between zaza and darko, we'd have a decent center rotation and actually much better than many playoff teams...our wing players would be good in smoove, marvin, and joecool with walton off the bench...point guard of the future...pretty decent...

Quote:

We don't have a 2nd round pick this year, do we?

He was talking about the 2nd rounder acquired from the Lakers in his trade.

I like the plan, btw. Seems fairly realistic, though I have absolutely NO idea how much Darko might get.

Johnny, I have to admit, I came into this thread to mock another JohnnyBravo name exploitation thread, but I'm impressed. This is actually realistic and doesn't overvalue either our players or name players - I think Childress may be worth a little more, but not much, and I think 7 mil is a good peg for Darko if someone doesn't Foyle him into some money.

Bravo.

I'm down with all of it except for the Childress part. I don't see a reason in doing that deal. Of course I'm down with the Crittenton deal. I'd love to keep him in Atlanta. I think $7M is reasonable for Darko. The only thing holding him back it seems is his attitude. Maybe he just doesn't exert that passion / energy that you want to see.

Javaris Crittenton / Anthony Johnson

Joe Johnson / Josh Childress

Marvin Williams / Josh Childress

Josh Smith / Solomon Jones

Darko Milicic / Shelden Williams / Lorenzen Wright

With Josh Childress / Shelden Williams as 6th man

See what Tyronn Lue, Salim Stoudamire and maybe Zaza Pachulia could bring us in trade.

Your rationale makes sense and picking up role players like Walton will be important. I look at other teams who have role players and get a whole lot out of them. LIke Raja Bell in Phx and Nikki Moore in NJ. Those guys aren't super talented but the coaches put them in situations where they compliment the team and play their part. I don't see our coaches doing the same with role players. Need to improve. Woody's attitude about Salim, playing JJ max minutes, etc eventually backfires on us.

Quote:

yea, what is the point of the childress and lue for walton deal?

Sounds like a trade just to make a trade.

Sorry I was on the bike all weekend. The reason I do the Walton deal is because when we draft Critt we would have 4 fairly high level pg's on the roster, Lue, AJ, Critt, and Speedy. The only tradable guard on that list would be Lue. The Lakers need a vet pg who can hit shots and that would be Lue. The rumor is is that the Lakers don't want Walton back. Since Darko would cap us out we couldn't get walton without giving him the MLE or doing a sign and trade. The sign and trade allows us to move Lue and get another valuable role player. The Lakers would love Childress because he gives them what Walton gave them, except with more athleticism. Chills would love it because it would send him back to the WC. It wouldn't surprise me to see him star there.