• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IF Seattle won the draft lottery...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm sure you would want to.

But Seattle's real need is Sf... depending on if Rashard wants to leave.

Think about it. They have WIlcox and Collison playing PF.. why would they want Shelden??

Ah. Caught you not thinking again right, you're just reacting... to somebody Saying Marvin huh BI?

Anyway. Marvin is attractive because his game is very similar to Rashard's Plus He's from Seattle.

Another thing is that If they won the lottery, their choice is definitely huge between Oden and Durant. They have drafted Centers in the last 3 drafts. However, I think if we pushed a Marvin deal on them, the pressure would be too great to pass up Oden anyway.

You can say what you want, I like Swift. He's a young 7 footer who plays good defense and looks like he can be a strong defender/rebounder.

Add to that #31 (which could be a BU SG like Almond) and Ridnour for Speedy... Meaning that we upgrade our PG position to get a guy who can shoot and this trade brings in the money!!!

Once again Diesel according to you Marvin is a talentless bust who doesn't have any shot at becoming a decent NBA player. If he sucks this bad why is it that you come up with countless Marvin trade threads every day. It defies logic. What team would want a bust. If he sucks as a HAwk, according to you, then he would suck as a Sonic, Laker, Timberwolve, etc. Have you forgotten everything that you have said about Marvin and if what you said about him is true WHY IN THE HELL WOULD ANYBODY WANT HIM? I don't understand where you are coming from dude. Marvin needs to stay a Hawk and things will be alright.

• Premium Member

First Off,

I never said that Marvin was "talentless".

What I said was that when we have 6 Sfs on the roster, picking Marvin over another PG was a very bad move.

I also said that Marvin was the most hyped player in the draft.

I believe that Marvin has talent. I think he's a midrange scorer and has a game similar to Tim Thomas.

That's not saying talentless.

Wu, I think your problem is that you're still caught up in the hype. Sf is the easiest position to learn in basketball. Why is there a 3 year learning curve for Marvin?? I have never agreed with that idea of a three year waiting period on Marvin. Especially not after having one year in college.

Finally.

If we can trade Marvin for a Center that can make a difference on our squad, you are darn right, I would make the deal. The reason I suggest Marvin trades is because right now, Marvin still has value. Possibly enough value to get us a big. I think he has good value for a team like Seattle who has several bigs.

Now, that explains my position...

Why are you so quick to offer every defense for Marvin when this is a suggestion that would make the team better??? If nothing else, can you address weather or not the move would make the team better. Obviously I feel it will. What do you think?

I am not caught up in the hype. I am a Atlanta Hawks fan. I am just for giving the kid a chance before we give up on him. No one ever said that he was going to come into the league and be an allstar right away. Should we have gotten a pg yes, but that doesn't mean that Marvin doesn't have a place here in Atlanta. As for making the team better, I am all for that but we don't need to pick up another teams garbage just because they are 7ft tall. The guys that you name in most of your trade Marvin proposals are bums or semi-bums. I truly believe that our team is being held back by bad coaching not by bad talent or lack of talent.