• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We are going to get the 5th pick!!

Wurider05

Remember I called it first. Billy Knight has damn near built two championship caliber in Detroit and Phoenix. The Suns will put the icing on the cake tonight when they get our pick. Tonight he will put the Suns over the hump and probably get them into the title hunt next season. Damn we better just be happy with the 11th pick. Woe is us, woe is us!!!

Quote:

Remember I called it first. Billy Knight has damn near built two championship caliber in Detroit and Phoenix. The Suns will put the icing on the cake tonight when they get our pick. Tonight he will put the Suns over the hump and probably get them into the title hunt next season. Damn we better just be happy with the 11th pick. Woe is us, woe is us!!!

Link?

Saying we will get pick 5 isnt really going out on a limb. Almost every lottery has at least 1 team that is not in the top 3 move to the top 3. So if one team moves into the top 3 that is not us we or the Suns I should say get pick 5. The most unlikely situation in my opinion is us { phoe} getting pick 4. shhh.gif

Quote:

Saying we will get pick 5 isnt really going out on a limb. Almost every lottery has at least 1 team that is not in the top 3 move to the top 3. So if one team moves into the top 3 that is not us we or the Suns I should say get pick 5. The most unlikely situation in my opinion is us { phoe} getting pick 4.
shhh.gif

According to the odds that is correct. It makes me shake my head that we are starting the lottery in the 4th position, yet of the top 6 picks we are 'least' likely to get the 4th pick. Odd deal but that's the way the math works out. detective.gif

Phoenix is pretty much going to stay the same regardless of who they draft. Because of luxury tax implications they will either have to get rid of Marion or Amare. Whomever they draft would at best be equal to one of those, so they won't necessarily get better. Also keep in mind that Nash is no spring chicken so their window is pretty small for a team that us fundamentally flawed.

I guess they are flawed...but this has been a weird year in the West. Most folks figured it would be between PHX and Dallas for a berth in the finals. Now both are gone.

So much for the game being played differently these days. When it come playoff time things revert back to post-play and defense.

Quote:

So much for the game being played differently these days. When it come playoff time things revert back to post-play and defense.

This is why I don't have much hope for this team we are building. Joe, Smoove, Marvin? Not a post player among them. Never will be. Maybe Marvin. Still, He's not going to be our go to. Hell, he's one of only two Hawks I want taking the kick out pass! How can he shoot it if he's pounding it in the post? The whole dynamic stinks. I know this is off topic, but it is what it is.

Please let us get Oden!

Quote:

Quote:

This is why I don't have much hope for this team we are building. Joe, Smoove, Marvin? Not a post player among them. Never will be. Maybe Marvin. Still, He's not going to be our go to. Hell, he's one of only two Hawks I want taking the kick out pass! How can he shoot it if he's pounding it in the post? The whole dynamic stinks. I know this is off topic, but it is what it is.

Please let us get Oden!

Smoove can be a post player but he would need a bigger guy to compliment him.

Kind of like how the Pistons have been with undersized 5 in Webber and B.Wallace but they had Sheed to compliment.

Maybe Solomon could gain some weight

He's got the length.