• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Remember one thing about ODEN and CONNELY

NJHAWK

Alot of you act like those 2 are great and would instantly turn our team around. They were on the same team and couldnt win a ncaa title much less an have a great impact in the nba right away. They were a bad call away from going out in round 2 to Xavier for God sake. Im not saying they wont be stars down the road but it will take time. I would actually rather get Durant and Law with pick 2 and 11 or 1 and 11. I know we need size more than anything and Oden has that. I know there is no way we pass him up with pick 1 but Durant is almost a lock to be the way better player.

Quote:

Alot of you act like those 2 are great and would instantly turn our team around. They were on the same team and couldnt win a ncaa title much less an have a great impact in the nba right away. They were a bad call away from going out in round 2 to Xavier for God sake. Im not saying they wont be stars down the road but it will take time. I would actually rather get Durant and Law with pick 2 and 11 or 1 and 11. I know we need size more than anything and Oden has that. I know there is no way we pass him up with pick 1 but Durant is almost a lock to be the way better player.

Lmao

Well I guess this proves you can't please everyone.

Bet they would have won if they had Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams, and Josh Smith.

Look man I want pick 1 and 11 just as much as anyone but 2 and 11 may turn out to be even better for us. Im not saying Oden and Connely wouldnt be good for the future but this is the nba. As bad as we need size I could easily see a situation where Oden doesnt even start for us right away AND EVEN IF HE DOES HE WILL LIVE IN FOUL TROUBLE. Same with Connely. They are not saviors like Shaq, Timmy, Magic, Hakeem etc. They are prospects and both could be flops.

Quote:

Look man I want pick 1 and 11 just as much as anyone but 2 and 11 may turn out to be even better for us. Im not saying Oden and Connely wouldnt be good for the future but this is the nba. As bad as we need size I could easily see a situation where Oden doesnt even start for us right away AND EVEN IF HE DOES HE WILL LIVE IN FOUL TROUBLE. Same with Connely. They are not saviors like Shaq, Timmy, Magic, Hakeem etc. They are prospects and both could be flops.

Oden is the best prospect at one of our 2 positions of need AND he is one of the top 2 players in the draft. There is no reason not to take him. I can see arguments against Conley, and I would be fine with Law as well, but there is NO reason the Hawks should not take Oden.

Conley and Oden made it to the NCAA Finals as the best players on their team and were only freshman. (Can you say up-side?)

I would be happy with any combination of Conley or Law and Durant or Oden.

The franchise would instantly be turned around no matter which combo we wind up with of the PG duo and big man duo.

As long as we get pick #11 or #12 I am happy. I would live with Critt but want to see instant improvement that Law or Conley would produce (in different ways).

If we get #1-#3, that is icing on the cake. Just can't get my hopes up or expectations b/c there is only a 27% chance get a top 3 pick.

Something inside keeps saying Law and JJ would be an offensive force that would finally scare our opponents and keep JJ out of constant double teams. I relaize Connley is the better prospect but Law for THIS team. Connley is more traditional and needs a low post scorer or shooters to hide is outside shooting flaws. The Hawks really havenietherwit hthe exception of JJ.

We have to have some weapons that actually put some fear in the mind on the opposition's defense. While Conley would do this defensivly he can't shoot enough to do it offensively and we don't have the shooters to maximize his drive and kick game which Conley would be limited too without the Hawks having a low post scoring option.

Since Marvin, Smoove,and ZaZa don't have low post scoring moves the Hawks need exceptional outside shooting to loosen up the defense in the paint against us. Law provides this now. (Makes sense, right?) However if we decide to move Smoove to SF and get a PF with low post moves , Conley would be the better fit.

Basically Law helps mask the inefficiencies of our unbalanced and unusual roster. Conley would be the better PG on a more traditional roster.

Of course Oden and Durant would scare teams too but can't get high on the yet until we win the lottery.

• Premium Member

NJHawk, Why are doing this? Why??? What does any of this accomplish? I understand if you don't like Oden due to some high school or college rivalry, but this is getting a little ridiculous man. Now who in the Hawk nation would NOT like to see both Oden and Conley in a Hawk uniform? Who in the ATL woulodn't be excited to have both of these guys on board? Could you imagine what that would mean to this franchise? I just don't get some of the hate around here sometimes. confused.gif

Quote:

In what parallel universe would Oden not start at C on this team?????

He was better than Zaza Pachulia when he was in middle school.

Durant is a better fit? Durant is a terrible fit compared to Oden. Durant is another forward. Yeah sure that's what we need another forward.

Quote:

LOL . . they should've lost to my Vols in the Sweet 16. I can't believe they blew that game.

Forget Oden and Conley . . give me Oden and Law. I can definitely roll with that. That'll be like Christmas for me.

Quote:

...If we get #1-#3, that is icing on the cake. Just can't get my hopes up or expectations b/c there is only a 27% chance get a top 3 pick...

Well not to be picky...but let's not mis-inform...we have nearly a 40% chance of getting a top 3 pick.

• Moderators

Quote:

How many NCAA title did Shaq, Timmy and Hakeem have between them combined?

Same number as Oden. 0.

In fact, neither Shaq nor Timmy ever made an NCAA final.

Hakeem did - with Clyde Drexler on his team...and still lost in the finals.

you guys are crazy. law over conley?

conley is smoother than the other side of the pillow. he's a true pg, can get to any spot he wants on the floor, he's got excellent vision and you saw his composure and ability to lead his team to the national championship as a FRESHMEN!

law is good but he's an undersized two. he's clutch but he's in no way what the hawks need in a point guard.

give me javaris over law.

Quote:

Quote:

In what parallel universe would Oden not start at C on this team?????

He was better than Zaza Pachulia when he was in middle school.

Durant is a better fit? Durant is a terrible fit compared to Oden. Durant is another forward. Yeah sure that's what we need another forward.

Especially since Este is no longer on the roster to hurt Oden in practice!

Quote:

you guys are crazy. law over conley?

conley is smoother than the other side of the pillow. he's a true pg, can get to any spot he wants on the floor, he's got excellent vision and you saw his composure and ability to lead his team to the national championship as a FRESHMEN!

law is good but he's an undersized two. he's clutch but he's in no way what the hawks need in a point guard.

give me javaris over law.

they don't share your opinion. why does that make them crazy over you?

I very much doubt Oden would start right away over Zaza or even Solomon. He is kinda like a big Sam Dalembert project. As for Connely he isnt gonna start if we pick him unless Lue, Speedy and AJ are all hurt or traded. I cant see us taking a freshman point who really was nowhere near the player Law was anyhow. Dam even Bimbo Coles started over Jet Terry for awile.

Shaq is a freak of nature. Oden used brute force in school but he is nowhere near as big a monster as shaq was and wont be able to push his way around in the nba like Shaq could. Comparing Oden to Hakeem or Duncun is a joke since Oden doesnt even have one post scoring move and those guys had moves out the wazoo. They are in Duncuns case and were in Hakeems case fluid bball players. Oden isnt even close to as polished as they were.