• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta Brandan Wright!

Joker

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We need help right now, remember are pick atomatically goes to Phoenix next season. Somebody like Wright will struggle early on, he's a upisde type player. We don't need tat , we need players that will help us fight for a playoff spot right now.

Man just face it, regardless of who the Hawks draft, we are giving up a top 9 pick to the Suns, we are just not going be good enuff, it didn't matter if we had Oden or Durant. But we will have a franchise player and that is all that matters. I don't know why you guys are so down, this is like Christmas, just think about it, he isn't Jason Terry, Deke, Steve Smith, or JJ. He is actually someone who will be a superstar in this league. I prefer him over anyone that was drafted in the last three years, outside of Oden and Durant. Man this ain't just another damn Hawk pick, this is a the savior of the franchise, no wishful thinking, he is that guy.

Call me crazy but I trade the #3 pick for Dwight Howard, Deron Williams or Chris Paul in a heartbeat.

I wasn't think about Howard draft, I was thinking about the Marvin one and last year and this years one. Deron is already doing it big, we see that now duh, but if the draft was with Deron at Illnois, Paul at Wake, and Wright at UNC, I'll draft Wright.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

I knew we were gonna get this pick and was reojiced when we did.

If you rejoiced when they opened the 3rd pick envelope and announced "Atlanta Hawks" you are the biggest moron I have ever come across.

your a jack@!!, obivously, I would rather Oden or Durant but Wright is not like a big dropoff, he will reach the same level that Durant will reach, maybe not Oden but Oden is a Center.

Quote:

We need help right now, remember are pick atomatically goes to Phoenix next season. Somebody like Wright will struggle early on, he's a upisde type player. We don't need tat , we need players that will help us fight for a playoff spot right now.

So, our draft pick has to be influenced by what pick we might give PHX next year? I think we draft the player that has the best chance to be a franchise player. I don't know who that is, but if it's BW, that's who we should select. If it's Yi, that's the pick. If there's not one, let's go with need and select Hibbert or Conley.

Quote:

I have big trouble getting excited over our 5th consecutive first round pick on a forward.

I would too AHF...but if we finally got one right maybe that would be OK. I mean you could say "we have tried to get a good PF for 4 years" then pass on a guy like McHale.

I dunno about this guy...but I'm concerned about that type of arguement. Personally I would fill the 1 and the 5 spots...but I do realize that we have a GLARING HOLE at the 3. Much as we all love Marvin, I don't see much coming from him (hope I'm wrong - doubt it).

and the three is a VERY important spot nowadays - you can't just be a spot up jumper.

Quote:

I don't see what people see in Wright that makes him such a great pick.

I mean the guy is probably going to end up being listed at 6'9.

Do we really need to go there again?

Say no to a player between 6'6-6'10

I would agree BBiB...but will he be better than any of the other forwards we have now? If so he would be a good pick.

You can't skip nique because you already have two 3's.

Quote:

I would agree BBiB...but will he be better than any of the other forwards we have now? If so he would be a good pick.

You can't skip nique because you already have two 3's.

Durant was the only 6'6-6'10 player that was "can't miss" enough to draft regardless of position.

Wright was rated higher before last season but Durant showed he was clearly better.

Wright doesn't come close to separating himself from the other players in his class like that.

Because of this I say we take BPA at need position which should be Yi/Hibbert.

You know what, I've changed my mind about Wright.

Although he may not be as offensively polished as Durant, I'm overlooking one key thing. Wright is much more polished DEFENSIVELY.

The guy is short but he has a ridiculous wing span and great timing and leaping ability when it comes to blocking and contesting shots.

Although he and Smoove would be 2-3 inches shorter on average for a front court, they would make up for their lack of size with their athletic ability and tenacity on the defensive side of the ball.

No we didn't get Oden but we still could have two shot blockers patrolling the paint.

I don't know why Im so down on the guy. Maybe because I just took a liking to Yi.

But the fact remains that if there was no age limit Wright, who was compared to KG, would have gone higher in the draft than Durant. So in order for him to be considered that high, he had to be quite a physical specimen which he was and still is.

So with that said, add him to the list of acceptable players at #3

So

1)Hibbert

2)Yi Jianlian

3)Brandan Wright

4)Joakim Noah

Take one of these guys BK.

Please don't take a PG this early or anything like a clearcut SF like Julian Wright. Man I hate that guy. Maybe that's why I've been hating on Brandan because of that last name.

Quote:

You know what, I've changed my mind about Wright.

Although he may not be as offensively polished as Durant, I'm overlooking one key thing. Wright is much more polished DEFENSIVELY.

The guy is short but he has a ridiculous wing span and great timing and leaping ability when it comes to blocking and contesting shots.

Although he and Smoove would be 2-3 inches shorter on average for a front court, they would make up for their lack of size with their athletic ability and tenacity on the defensive side of the ball.

No we didn't get Oden but we still could have two shot blockers patrolling the paint.

I don't know why Im so down on the guy. Maybe because I just took a liking to Yi.

But the fact remains that if there was no age limit Wright, who was compared to KG, would have gone higher in the draft than Durant. So in order for him to be considered that high, he had to be quite a physical specimen which he was and still is.

So with that said, add him to the list of acceptable players at #3

So

1)Hibbert

2)Yi Jianlian

3)Brandan Wright

4)Joakim Noah

Take one of these guys BK.

Please don't take a PG this early or anything like a clearcut SF like Julian Wright. Man I hate that guy. Maybe that's why I've been hating on Brandan because of that last name.

Hibbert isn't athletic enuff and pulled out anyway, It's between Wright and Yi.

Quote:

Quote:

Hibbert isn't athletic enuff and pulled out anyway, It's between Wright and Yi.

Yeah now we can look at the two guys with Superstar potential.

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

I was thinking the same, it makes it alot harder for BK to screw up, I don't think Yi is of superstar potienial, but he can contribute from what I seen. I wouldn't be totally pissed if was drafted him, but I probably would becuase that meant we passed up Wright. Wright is in the same playing field as Durant and Oden, he is someone we just can't pass up. He will probably put up to 14-16 ppg, and 7rbs as a rookie and will avg 27ppg, 9.5 rbs thoughout his career. Yi is still a mystery.

Quote:

There is no way were drafting Wright. How many 6'9 225 lb players do we want.

It not like he like those guys, he can actually play, he not a 6'9 SF, he not a 6'9 dunker who isn't any good, and he not a 6'8 PF bum who was to no surpise a failure. Even Colin Cowherd siad this is the worst drafting team in this decade, there is a reason why, it's well documented. He not like those guys, he actually is a franchise player, this is like the Detroit Lions sitution this year with Calvin Johnson.

Quote:

Quote:

will avg 27ppg, 9.5 rbs thoughout his career

Really?!?!?! Well then he needs to go #1!

Somehow I think your expectations are just a bit too high for this kid.

He has the skillset to do so. That is why I'm so high on the kid, if he wasn't, I wouldn't be here.

Quote:

Quote:

No one will help us that much outside of Wright in this draft that's left. Durant and Oden would have been bigger but that's now in the past, Wright is the only player who translate nicely of who is left, I knew we were gonna get this pick and was reojiced when we did. This is huge, Conley is Sheldon basically, has no business in the lottery, Horford is a role player and the Hawks have plenty of those. This is what we need, just believe me when I say this, I will not put my word on it if I didn't.

That is just ridiculous !

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No one will help us that much outside of Wright in this draft that's left. Durant and Oden would have been bigger but that's now in the past, Wright is the only player who translate nicely of who is left, I knew we were gonna get this pick and was reojiced when we did. This is huge, Conley is Sheldon basically, has no business in the lottery, Horford is a role player and the Hawks have plenty of those. This is what we need, just believe me when I say this, I will not put my word on it if I didn't.

That is just ridiculous !

It was a little over the top but I was talking about in the whole form of things, not just for next season.