• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta Brandan Wright!

Joker

Quote:

BK would be crucufied by the fans and media if he took another foward.

We have to complete the roster with a center and a PG.

We already have Brandon Wright. His name is MArvin Williams.

Just because we took what we thought was the BPA a couple of years ago when we should have drafted for need (CP3/Deron), doesn't mean we have to make the reverse mistake this year and draft for need when (without Hibbert in the draft) there isn't really a center that jumps out at anybody. This year may be the year to really GO for BPA. JS, Wright, and Marvin would be a nice forward rotation...and we could easily end up with stud bookend forwards in JS/Wright. The highlight factory could really get charged up for years to come. Obviously we would then take the best available PG at #11.

This could easily be sold to the fans. We would be filling one of our two primary needs and also have a real shot at a superstar. The logic would be "we just couldn't go after a center that we didn't feel would be an upgrade" (ie: Adam Keefe). I could live with this. parrot.gif

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I have big trouble getting excited over our 5th consecutive first round pick on a forward.

6th consecutive if it happens (Diaw, Childress, Smith, Williams and Sheldon already during the BK era).

I stand corrected. I think I blocked one of those picks out of my mind.

Quote:

Quote:

There is no way were drafting Wright. How many 6'9 225 lb players do we want.

It not like he like those guys, he can actually play, he not a 6'9 SF, he not a 6'9 dunker who isn't any good, and he not a 6'8 PF bum who was to no surpise a failure. Even Colin Cowherd siad this is the worst drafting team in this decade, there is a reason why, it's well documented. He not like those guys, he actually is a franchise player, this is like the Detroit Lions sitution this year with Calvin Johnson.

You know you I think you are way off with your assessment of Josh Smith but I think you're right on the money.

I think it's the same exact thing as Calvin Johnson.

Forwards = Receivers

BK = Matt Millen

Brandan Wright = Calvin Johnson

People say we can't pick another forward because all the ones we picked in the past but this guy is such a slam dunk we have to take him.

And you're right it's not like he's a SF, he is PURE POST PLAYER. You won't see Brandan Wright pull up for a 3 pointer.

He is a guy who's game is all about the post which is really what we need on this team.

Sure we have Shelden's role could be reduced to solid bench player. You make room for the guy with superstar potential.

Brandan Wright was once regarded as the 2nd best player of this class and he may very well turn out to be the 2nd best player of this class.