• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Somebody please answer this question...

Diesel

I'm not from China, but I work in Alpharetta/Johns Creek and there is a large Asian Population in this area. He would have a large following here in Atlanta...When Yao played his frist game here, it was packed with Asians...From a business point of view, he would be a good pick.

As athletic as he is and with his size, could he be the pick BK covets and they plan to use him at C? We'd definitely have a better chance at getting some national TV time since the world would be watching him. Take him at 3 and pray Conley, Jr. or Law are still around to take at 11.

Yi/ZaZa/Jones

Smoove/Shelden

Marvin/Chillz

JJ/Slim/AJ

Conley/Claxton/Lue

I think it would be a fun team to watch. Surely Yi can't be any worse defensively than ZaZa. At least he'll give us another shot blocker.

I just watched some videos of Yi and while his offensive game looks good, I doubt he could be considered a Center in the NBA. Of course, it's hard to tell much by grainy videos posted on the web, but who knows. It's a tough call. Would Conley at 3 and Noah any better? Alot of draft prognosticators are picking it that way. Of course, with BK, you never know. He might take Al Thornton at 3 and another SF at 11 since the last time we picked 2 SF's in the same round it did alright for us. uglyhammer.gif

• Premium Member

Is Yi going to be worked out against real competition prior to the draft? If he can block some shots and hold his position in the low post and can move his feet he's at least no worse than what we got.

Quote:

Is Yi going to be worked out against real competition prior to the draft? If he can block some shots and hold his position in the low post and can move his feet he's at least no worse than what we got.

I will give you that. work him out against some Centers and see what he can do. I reserve the right to change my mind if I am proven to be wrong.

I would work out upwards of 15 players before the draft. there is no sense in being tight lipped as 1 and 2 have already been decided.

i like the idea of getting yi only if the hawks make some moves to get some serious help inside. go ahead and try to grab aldridge from portland for marvin straight up, maybe even try to land amare or diop or even okafor. then if you get yi it makes sense. since both yi and jsmith are pretty versatile you can play them together. bringing chills off the bench.