• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Another PHX trade

gsuteke

I voted no because I couldn't take another year of crappy play and end up with another mediocre pick. We got lucky to get a #3, next year we could be in much worse shape. We have to fix this mess NOW.

Personally, I don't want a trade. Everyone else wants to come out ahead in a trade (especially if they are dealing with a fool like Billy) - so I'd much rather get the best players we can at #3 and #11. We can argue about that.

• Moderators

I think a trade is appropriate if we can move down and get the same player we want at #3 with something else in our pocket (and a cheaper salary) or if we can add a center like Bynum, etc.

Quote:

So, the #11 pick for our pick which we owe them next year, plus the #24 and 29 picks this year in what is considered to be a deep draft?

I would have to say yes on that one, but it's a tough call.

bite the bullet on your PG at 3. take a big man in the 20s.

hold onto your pick next year.

otherwise draft a redundant project at 3 and likely not get your choice of point at 11. those are our two choices right now.

I guess a lot of it would have to be dependent on how good (or bad) you view us being next year. If you think we're going to be crummy again this season and our pick next year another lottery one, then I'd probably do the deal. That'd be three picks (one a lotto pick) for the price of one.

But it's really impossible to say right now. There are FAR too many variables, and I think there's a good possibility that there might be quite a bit of player movement upcoming this off-season on this team. We'd also have to create roster space for all these new players, and then there's always the question of: well, do we really need to be getting any younger?