• Raised $440 of $700 target

go to 790 now for bk interview- going on

jerrywest

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BILLY KNIGHT IS STILL A F'ING IDIOT!!!!!!!!!

From the sounds of it he has no intentions of taking a PG. He said it deep in Bigs and Wings. He is also thinking of trading the picks for more Vet helps. All of the sudden positions are important. Where as in the past he said players shouldn't be define by positions.

OWNERSHIP NEED TO FIRE THIS IDIOT BEFORE HE SCREWS UP ANOTHER DRAFT.

Quote:

All of the sudden positions are important. Where as in the past he said players shouldn't be define by positions.

The 790 guys went crazy on that but what BK said was that at this point this team should go for needs. Earlier this team just needed to get the most talented player possible. That should still be the motto if there is a franchise player. Otherwise its needs that we need to fill. Trades coming guys. At least BK is better in trading than drafting or free agent signings.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Those 790 guys hate BK as much as Walter.

BK basically said he's going for needs.

This draft isn't PG heavy. Its mostly 4/5 draft. Some wings.

Sounds like he doesn't like the PGs of this draft.

Sounds like he's getting ready to do some trades.

Every time we get some good news, BK or the ASG come out and kill any optimism that I may have about this team. We have #3 and #11..two friggin lottery picks. If BK manages to screw this one up, I don't want anymore excuses, he and the ASG need to be shown the door ASAP. mad.gif

Quote:

I think he wants his choice out of the 3 point guards and feel like he will be able to do it if he continues to play along with the national media like he is such an idiot!!!!!!!

That makes sense. He has to play a lot of poker now. Good to have a poker face.

Quote:

Quote:

he was "walking his dog" when the lottery was on

How is that possible? I couldn't tear myself away from the television if I had needed to. Even my wife thought it was exciting!

Why wasn't he in New York talking trades with all the other GMs/etc?

I don't think we should keep the pick because the difference between 3 and 12 has never been so small. There are teams who will fall in love with players like Yi or Brewer and the Hawks pick ensures they get their man. We can trade down and/or get the help we need in another manner.

Those two picks are great assets and used correctly, the building of this team should be basically done.

I don't think Conley will be ready for a year or two.

• Premium Member

I'm not opposed to trading this pick for the right player(s) because outside the two two guys there are no "absolutes" in this draft. I'm not saying the other top guys can't be stars or even superstars but its going to be at least a mild surprise if they do.

Quote:

I think we're trading the #3 pick to Grizzlies for Gasol and their first pick or some vet point guard off their team. The way this sounds it makes me think Knight doesn't want to keep the pick.

Wow, so we trade down from #3 to #4 and pick up Gasol????

Why would they do that? It's not like moving up from 3 to 2 where there's a huge jump.

Quote:

I don't think we should keep the pick because the difference between 3 and 12 has never been so small. There are teams who will fall in love with players like Yi or Brewer and the Hawks pick ensures they get their man. We can trade down and/or get the help we need in another manner.

Those two picks are great assets and used correctly, the building of this team should be basically done.

I don't think Conley will be ready for a year or two.

I can buy that. We shall be settled on Javaris at 11. Trading down(inside of 4-10) should net us a choice of Brandon Wright, Noah, Horford or Brewer with an additional piece or pick (future pick).

I'm proud of your assessment "The ATL".

slap.gif

Quote:

Those 790 guys hate BK as much as Walter.

BK basically said he's going for needs.

This draft isn't PG heavy. Its mostly 4/5 draft. Some wings.

Sounds like he doesn't like the PGs of this draft.

Sounds like he's getting ready to do some trades.

Is there a PG Billy Knight has ever liked? The Hawks will never stand a chance with this scrub as the GM.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I think we're trading the #3 pick to Grizzlies for Gasol and their first pick or some vet point guard off their team. The way this sounds it makes me think Knight doesn't want to keep the pick.

Wow, so we trade down from #3 to #4 and pick up Gasol????

Why would they do that? It's not like moving up from 3 to 2 where there's a huge jump.

There will be someone out of the top five to six prospects after the big two that some team is going to cream their britches to get their hands on. Gasol wants out of Memphis badly and the Grizz players don't like him because of it. Memphis gets the guy they absolutely want the most of this draft outside of the big two and they move a possible cancer to boot.