• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

go to 790 now for bk interview- going on

jerrywest

Quote:

I think we're trading the #3 pick to Grizzlies for Gasol and their first pick or some vet point guard off their team. The way this sounds it makes me think Knight doesn't want to keep the pick.

Why Trade for Gasol? He's a heartless player that hasn't lived up to the hype.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

He's a 20/10 player who can score in the post, block shots and put up 20/10 against some of the best players in the NBA. I'm not the hugest Gasol fan in the world but I wouldnt' call him heartless. You also have to remember Knight traded for him once before.

Quote:

He's a 20/10 player who can score in the post, block shots and put up 20/10 against some of the best players in the NBA. I'm not the hugest Gasol fan in the world but I wouldnt' call him heartless. You also have to remember Knight traded for him once before.

I was saying he seems like a player that would be nowhere to be found in the 4th.

• Premium Member

He put the Grizz on his back and took them to the playoffs the last two or three years so I'm not sure where that 4th quarter stuff is coming from. He didn't do great in the playoffs but that was with the entire defens designed to shut him down and he got no help from his team. He'd at least have JJ and Smoove here.

Quote:

Belkin won't agree to that trade so no use talking about it.

Quote:

He put the Grizz on his back and took them to the playoffs the last two or three years so I'm not sure where that 4th quarter stuff is coming from. He didn't do great in the playoffs but that was with the entire defens designed to shut him down and he got no help from his team. He'd at least have JJ and Smoove here.

There is just something about him that bothers me. Hell though, maybe he's the best option. The team does need somebody that can score inside. If that'z the best out there what else can you do?

I don't have a problem with BK making a trade. IMO, this team needs to start picking up some veteran help so we can start winning. Picking up two more rookies to throw into the starting lineup would just mean another year of losing.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

There is just something about him that bothers me. Hell though, maybe he's the best option. The team does need somebody that can score inside. If that'z the best out there what else can you do?

Gasol is some serious salary to add for a team that doens't have much room under the cap. That would take some players from our end to balance out both cap-wise and in terms of talent.

Quote:

I think we're trading the #3 pick to Grizzlies for Gasol and their first pick or some vet point guard off their team. The way this sounds it makes me think Knight doesn't want to keep the pick.

Memphis wants a PG now, to go along with their athletic forwards. If push came to shove, they could always move Stromile Swift back to the 5 spot, and finally give him the chance to be the starter.

Gasol + Memphis #4

for

#3 + Marvin and ZaZa

. . would get the deal done. Memphis might ask for more though . . like a sign and traded Josh Smith + #3 for Gasol + #4. That would be an interesting deal for both sides. Smoove fans wouldn't like it at all. Shelden fans would finally get to see if Shelden can average a double-double as a starter, while Marvin gets a chance to flourish as the #3, possibly the #2 option.

Memphis lineup:

PG - Conley

G - Miller

F - hmmm . . . Rudy Gay or Marvin

F - Warrick

F/C - Swift

or

PG - Conley

G - Miller

F - Gay

F - Warrick

F - Smith

That's definitely a running team, and might be the most athletic in the league . . even more than ours.

For us:

PG - Speedy or Law @ #11?

G - JJ

F - Chill

F - Smoove

F/C - Gasol

or

PG - Speedy or Law

G - JJ

F - Marvin

F - Shelden ( he'll probably have to start )

F/C - Gasol

Quote:

Quote:

Hot, he's a Abdur-Rahim type player in which he's a good talent, but he's not the guy you want being the star or the "go-to-guy" on the team.

JJ is our guy. He's proven that he can be THE guy. If we traded for Gasol, or any other decent post player, you now create an inside-outside threat for this team, that frees up not only JJ, but everybody else on the team.

But I think Memphis would be asking for Smoove in exchange for Gasol. I don't know how well that would sit with Hawk fans who are absolutely in love with Josh.

Quote:

Marvin is a duplicate of a position of strength. I don't think he completes that deal.

Not necessarily. Marvin is a much better mid-range shooter and shoots better from the line than both Gay and Warrick. Gay is the better slasher and 3 point shooter. Warrick is the most physical of the 3 and better post player. Swift plays the 4 and the 5.

Gay routinely moves to the 2, whenever Mike Miller is out of the game. Warrick can play both the 3 and the 4. Marvin can play the 2, 3, and 4, in Memphis' offense. They'll find minutes for him easily, if a trade was made for him.

If they want to go super athletic, they won't turn down acquiring another athlete who can shoot the ball.

Quote:

PG - Speedy or Law

G - JJ

F - Marvin

F - Shelden ( he'll probably have to start )

F/C - Gasol

Actually, I forgot about us acquiring the #4 pick from Memphis. We could actually use that to get Brandan Wright. So Shelden may or may not have to start.

In either case, we'd have Gasol in the middle, JJ on the outside, and Marvin as the #3 scorer.

Quote:

I'm not opposed to trading this pick for the right player(s) because outside the two two guys there are no "absolutes" in this draft. I'm not saying the other top guys can't be stars or even superstars but its going to be at least a mild surprise if they do.

For that same reason, we are not going to get a potential star in a trade. Everyone will be looking to screw Billy in a trade - and he'll just grab his ankles and say how happy he is to get an overthehill injury ridden "veteran".

Absolutely pathetic.

I'll give BK credit for his clever trading abilities. He netted us the 2 draft picks.

If we swap

Memphis Gets: Smoove + #3 (Conley)

Atlanta Receives: Gasol + #4 (Yi)

Atlanta drafts Law

The Hawks come out with a starting Center and Point Guard and groom Yi behind Sheldon.

3 big time players in a draft.

Again, in BK's mind, everything is a smoke screen. The possibilities are inevitable.

How about our #3 and #11 for Gasol and their #4? I know we need to throw in some salary to make it work, but if they'd be willing to take Marvin, then I believe they would have to consider the #11 pick (instead) since this draft is so deep. And then we can take the point guard we want at #4 and fill our needs at the 1 and 5.

Personally, this is the trade I would like BK to go after.