• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

go to 790 now for bk interview- going on

jerrywest

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He put the Grizz on his back and took them to the playoffs the last two or three years so I'm not sure where that 4th quarter stuff is coming from. He didn't do great in the playoffs but that was with the entire defens designed to shut him down and he got no help from his team. He'd at least have JJ and Smoove here.

There is just something about him that bothers me. Hell though, maybe he's the best option. The team does need somebody that can score inside. If that'z the best out there what else can you do?

Hot, he's a Abdur-Rahim type player in which he's a good talent, but he's not the guy you want being the star or the "go-to-guy" on the team.

JJ is our guy. He's proven that he can be THE guy. If we traded for Gasol, or any other decent post player, you now create an inside-outside threat for this team, that frees up not only JJ, but everybody else on the team.

But I think Memphis would be asking for Smoove in exchange for Gasol. I don't know how well that would sit with Hawk fans who are absolutely in love with Josh.

Has JJ proven that he can be the "go-to-guy" on a good team? SAR and Gasol are/were the "go-to-guy" on bad teams as well.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think he wants his choice out of the 3 point guards and feel like he will be able to do it if he continues to play along with the national media like he is such an idiot!!!!!!!

Play along? When has BK EVER performed a successful smokescreen? We thought it was a screen when he promised Shelden. Nope. We thought it was when he threatened to draft Marvin so we could get a better deal from someone. Nope. BK ALWAYS SCREWS US DURING DRAFT TIME. Some of these comments I'm seeing are downright scary.

God I'm already getting pissed off, I just know BK is going to [censored] us over.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Sounds like he doesn't like the PGs of this draft.

What a [censored] IDIOT! When has BK EVER LIKED A PG! I really can't stand this guy, if I met him in real life I'd probably punch him.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Those 790 guys hate BK as much as Walter.

And rightly so. Nobody could screw up our past 3 lottery picks as much as BK has. Impossible.

Quote:

BK basically said he's going for needs.

This draft isn't PG heavy. Its mostly 4/5 draft. Some wings.

Sounds like he doesn't like the PGs of this draft.

Sounds like he's getting ready to do some trades.

Sounds like he's going for job security over title contention.

W

How bout' this trade if you're trying to net Gasol?

Gasol & #4

for

Lue/#3/Chillz

Would that have any chance to get that done?

Use the pick to draft someone like Yi or Wright and the 11th to get Acie Law

Claxton/Law/AJ

JJ/Slim

Marvin

Smoove/Shelden/Yi

Gasol/ZaZa/Jones

Smoove can play the 3 when Marvin's out of the game and AJ can also play the 2 at times since he's got the size. Heck Acie could possibly play it too. You could also go with a variation of that lineup

Claxton/Law/AJ

JJ/Slim

Smoove/Marvin

Shelden/Yi

Gasol/ZaZa/Jones

That team gives you a good bit of versatility. You really don't have a true center on that team, but you do have alot of players that could play various positions.

Am I the only one here who would HATE to see Childress get traded away? He is solid and a great glue guy. I think his value to this team is very understated. Much rather see Marvin go...not that I am on the "he sucks" wagon, but I see more value in Chillz.

Chill is 3 years older than Marvin and only a little better. Plus, he has contract extension coming and I can see him signing an offer sheet and us not matching because we have 12 SF's. That would be BK's rationale...

Trade Chill while he has value. The other issue is the stress fracture in his feet deal. Once guys get that they can have trouble FOREVER. Ask Bill Walton.

Trade Chill NOW.

I love Chillz on this team too, but like it's been said, NBA teams have interest in Chillz so he's got value. He's a great player and does alot of things well, not great, but well so he's valuable to all teams. You have to give up talent to get it. We can't trade Lorenzen Wright and our #3 pick for an All-Star caliber player. It just doesn't work that way. I'd honestly think Chillz is a perfect fit because he can play the 2 or 3 and even fill in at the 1 in an extreme pinch for limited minutes. He gives you everything he's got, but he is approaching a new contract time as well as the lingering foot injuries. Move the salaries of Lue and Chillz along with our pick for Gasol and the #4 pick. I don't know if that even works out money wise, but Memphis would be getting a vet PG to groom Conley if they pick him and a solid player like Chillz that can be a sparkplug off the bench for them.