• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trade ideas

Admin

We send Marvin, Speedy, Lo, and the #11 to Indiana for JO. We are able to get out of the money owed to Speedy and Lo and no longer have to worry about our backup PG glut and Speedys health. Essentially we give up Marvin and the #11 for JO. We take the chance that Speedy doesn't get healthy and terrorize us and that Marvin doesn't end up becoming the player he can become and that JO can stay healthy.

That still leaves us with the #3 pick where we can take our pick of the remaining players, or we make Boston nervous that we might take their guy (I think they are locked on Yi at this point) and we get Rondo and the #5 for our #3. At #5 we take Brandan Wright and our new lineup looks like this:

Rondo/Lue/AJ

JJ/Salim

Smoove/Chillz

S Williams/B Wright

JO/ZaZa/Jones

Rondo is a very similar player to Conley although he isn't quite the play maker on offense but he is much better on defense and has a year of experience and a smaller salary.

This is a squad that can play some serious defense. If I had to say what our weakness would be it's that we are probably a little too post oriented on offense. Smoove would need to be able to knock down the outside shot with consistency ala Bowen in order for this to work.

Thoughts?

I'm not a fan of Jermaine O'Neal simply because of his health concerns. His past 3 seasons he's played in 44, 51, and 69 games, and he's making 18+ million per- so no thanks. I would think/hope we could do quite a bit better than that.

I like the Boston trade but would not go for the JO trade. I was pleased to hear BK say that they would listen to all offers. And the impression is that there could be several trades. I'd rather find a pg that has some maturity like Rondo or Jack to run the team.

If we really want a low post scoring presence and want to be creative, I would do something like this:

1. Trade the 3 pick to Boston for Al Jefferson (but I don't think they do that trade).

2. Follow that up with a trade of Marvin and hopefully one of Lue/AJ/Speedy to Portland for Jack and Webster (they may do it if they are really moving Roy to point guard).

3. Draft Noah or Hawes at 11 (Noah is probably the better fit if the Hawks have acquired Jefferson already).

End result:

Jack/Speedy

JJ/Webster

Smoove/Chills

Jefferson/Sheldon

Noah/Zaza