• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who's the better player?

Diesel

I'll stand up and be the first to say I voted Marvin Williams.

Wright was not overyly impressive at UNC on a weak team compared to the upperclassmen team Marvin was on. he's long, big deal so is Marvin.

General Yi (I like that name BTW, it may stick we draft him) may be your best argument. Unfortunately the sample size to make a determination is too small right now.

J Wright can jump out of the gym. congratulations. So can Marvin. who did he have that nasty dunk on this year? I think it was PHX or INDY.

I think Al Thornton is 6'7". whatever he is he's a combo guard. Not exactly what we need even if you remove Marvin from the Hawks.

Al Horford may be the most NBA ready behind Oden. Unfortunately Smoove is our PF (he ain't going anywhere btw since I see where you want this thread to go with Marvin from a mile away) and like SW he's too short to be a full-time Center.

Are you asking who is better right now, or who will be better when they're all established in the NBA?

Marvin's the best NBA player on that list, by far. wink.gif

Al Thornton's the best college player. But I expect both Wrights to be as good or better in the NBA.

Yi's the best international player.

Seeing as they haven't all competed on the level that I think you're trying to compare them on, it's hard to pick one.

Quote:

I'll stand up and be the first to say I voted Marvin Williams.

Wright was not overyly impressive at UNC on a weak team compared to the upperclassmen team Marvin was on. he's long, big deal so is Marvin.

General Yi (I like that name BTW, it may stick we draft him) may be your best argument. Unfortunately the sample size to make a determination is too small right now.

J Wright can jump out of the gym. congratulations. So can Marvin. who did he have that nasty dunk on this year? I think it was PHX or INDY.

I think Al Thornton is 6'7". whatever he is he's a combo guard. Not exactly what we need even if you remove Marvin from the Hawks.

Al Horford may be the most NBA ready behind Oden. Unfortunately Smoove is our PF (he ain't going anywhere btw since I see where you want this thread to go with Marvin from a mile away) and like SW he's too short to be a full-time Center.

If I had to choose between Marvin and Brandan Wright Im taking Brandan Wright no questions asked.

Marvin is a wing player, Wright is a post player.

It's a lot easier to replace the former.

I just hope Marvin lives up to his potential because as a prospect he really is just as talented as these guys

• Premium Member

Interesting.

I certainly said who is the best player (not the best for the Hawks)... But I should have said who has the most potential.

I guess that will be the next poll.

Quote:

Interesting.

I certainly said who is the best player (not the best for the Hawks)... But I should have said who has the most potential.

I guess that will be the next poll.

i knew this poll would "backfire" if you thought Marvin wouldn't come out #1.

• 4 weeks later...

Quote:

I voted Horford. Hopefully Marvin proves me wrong but if Horford averages 14/8 his first year and Marvin averages 12/6 in his third year then Al will deffinately win this. Marvin better come out with 18/7/3 this year. It's time to step up.

i think they'll all suck if we don't get more consistent play out of the PG position.