• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Would you be shocked to see Seattle/Portland swap?

Admin

Personally I think Pritchard might be the best GM in the business and it would not surprise me one bit to see him pressure Seattle into swapping picks and adding a quality player to his team in the process.

I could see something like this. Seattle sends a re-signed Rashard Lewis, the 2nd pick, and a future first to Portland for the 1st pick and Zach Randolph. Portland gets a very talented and still young enough SF, rids itself of one of the final pieces of Blazer baggage, and gets the best player in the draft and the player they really want anyway in Durant.

Seattle beefs up its front line with Randolph and gets the player they want in Oden.

It would be a win-win for both teams and Portland gets another draft pick out of it.

1) Portland wants to trade Randolph because they are going to have 3 ridiculous bigs with Oden/Aldridge/Randolph. If they trade him, it won't be to move down and take Durant.

2) This trade involves SNT's which can't happen before the draft, so it's moot.

Quote:

Powerhouse? Maybe if they can swing a 3way and get like Kobe or Wade or Duncun or you know a real star like that. Oden isnt going to make them a powerhouse.

Oden could be a Duncan, though I think he will be more like Mourning. Plus, they have other good pieces in Roy, Aldridge, Randolph, Jack and Sergio. They still need another wing but those are easier to obtain then a stud center.

I would trade the Atlanta roster and picks for their roster and picks in a heartbeat.

1). You might be right but from what I have read and by judging Pritchards comments I would say that it is FAR from a lock that he takes Oden. I also think you underestimate how much he wants to get Randolph out of town. He is signed for 5 more years and has no place with the Blazers. The only way that he will get real value for Randolph is if he moves him from a position of strength, like he is in now.

2). Technically you are correct but that would in no way stop this trade from happening if both teams actually wanted to make this trade. All they have to do is swap picks right now for future considerations and then wait to make the Randolph for Lewis swap official.

I doubt that Ptl would trade Odgen for our entire roster and the next three #1 picks. They are now set. They have a great roster and unless they do something stupid they should be in the finals in 3-5 years. A really WELL managed team.

We ought to try to get their GM.

• Premium Member

I think that PTL can force a trade on Seattle for Lewis without giving a pick.

I can see: Zebo for Lewis straight up.

Lewis is going to opt out of his contract.

He wants to go to PTL.

Zebo is a 20-10 player. PTL needs a cleaner image. Lewis & Nate could be a good match Again.

Can't you see: Allen, Durant, and Zebo

as well as: Jack, Roy, Lewis, Aldridge, and Oden?

If this deal doesn't go down, I would be very shocked.

simply because they are worried about the cap and if they are concerned with being capped out by paying Lewis why would they agree to take on the 5 remaining years of Randolph without getting something of value in return, which is Oden.

I have a very strong feeling that Oden will be a Sonic when it's all said and done.