• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If the Spurs win the title will it supplant Duncan

You have to think of Duncan more in the Magic mold. Magic also came in with a HOFer at center. 4 titles spread over a decade. About the same. Larry, too. Duncan is definitely an 80's type player. To be honest, the Spurs don't have a Boston like the Lakers did. The Spurs don't "dominate" but they will be there every year. They look to have 5 years or so left in this run.

This is how I would rate the dominate stretches in the modern era.

Russell - Celtics

Jordan - Bulls

Shaq, Kobe - Lakers

Bird - Celtics

Duncan - Spurs

Thomas - Pistons

Olajuwon - Rockets

Quote:

Finals with 3 different teams says a lot. Shaq has been dominant for a long time. He would be the most dominant since Jordan, but Duncan one behind him.

Shaq's the guy you couldn't even really slow down even with a double team.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Spurs have won 70% of their games since Duncan has been a Spur. That's a pretty amazing thing, but I think Duncan has benefited more from a greatly built team and a great head coach.

Let's face it, during the Lakers title run they didn't have the most talented teams or even a well balanced team. I mean at one point Rick Fox and Derek Fisher were probably their 3rd and 4th best players.

I would say Duncan is right behind him, but Shaq was really a player you simply couldn't stop. Duncan can be shutdown though. Maybe not often, but he isn't unstoppable.