• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks trading #3 pick to Portland?

Sothron

• Moderators

Quote:

If you want that to happen you will have to give up Chil or something of value too.

The #3 is not going to get Aldridge and Jack.

I would explore it - although I would see them doing it more for something like Yi at SF.

They could then run with:

Sergio Rodriguez

Brandon Roy

Yi Jianlian

Zach Randolph

Greg Oden

The Blazers have some nice options.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Aldridge isn't a center but i think he will be an excellent 4, assuming his health holds up. Frankly i would trade the 3rd pick straight up for him and then take Law/Crit at 11.

Of course we would still need a center and Marvin would have to be traded, but Smith/Aldridge at the 3/4 looks good to me.

I think I would trade the #3 for Aldridge as well if he is deemed healthy. He had a rapid heartbeat or something and sat the last 10 games or something. But, I would trade Chill for Jack...they would have no need for Jack and we have enough SF's...plus, the stress fractures are a concern.

I still can't believe that BK has actually drafted 8 forwards in succession. he needs therapy.

Quote:

Ex, do you prefer Aldridge or Yi? I am leaning towards Yi.

Yi looks better than Bargnani, looked as fast as Noah in the workout, shoots from anywhere with perfect rhythm, passes well, dribbles, plays aggressive, high IQ. His ceiling is much much higher than Aldridge.

Quote:

But, I would trade Chill for Jack

Frankly i would rather have Prz than Jack. We can draft Law/Crit at 11.

My ideal trade would be 3rd/Childress for Aldridge/Prz. Our interior defense immediately becomes a strength and we have a true post scorer.

Then we could draft Law/Crit at 11 and we have a legit shot at becoming contenders.

Quote:

Quote:

But, I would trade Chill for Jack

Frankly i would rather have Prz than Jack. We can draft Law/Crit at 11.

My ideal trade would be 3rd/Childress for Aldridge/Prz. Our interior defense immediately becomes a strength and we have a true post scorer.

Then we could draft Law/Crit at 11 and we have a legit shot at becoming contenders.

We need to pick up a good back up shooting guard somewhere if Chillz is gone. 3rd+Childress is too much for Aldridge. Prz isn't that valuable.

Quote:

We need to pick up a good back up shooting guard somewhere if Chillz is gone. 3rd+Childress is too much for Aldridge. Prz isn't that valuable.

Backup swingmen are a dime a dozen. Seven foot shot blocking centers aren't.

Quote:

Yi > Bargnani > Aldridge.

You lose all credibility right there. How many titles have 7 foot perimeter players won? Zero.

Aldridge is a true post scorer/post defender. He is much more valuable than some Dirk wannabes.

Guest Walter

especially if MW was traded, isn't this discussion MOOT?!?

The rumored deal is for RANDOLPH not Aldridge. There is NO WAY IN HELL I would trade Aldridge if I were Portland. A two (essentially) 7' lineup with superstars and no headaches? Who wouldn't keep that? Portland may want Conley to go with Oden but they don't trade the bank for him. They want to get rid of Randolph for a reason. His numbers do NOT translate to wins, his contract is huge, and he's a problem child. I like what he can do on the court and perhaps he can do a Boozer but his problems run deeper IMO. Portland knows this and they are not trading Aldridge unless we seriously sweeten the deal...

Now what do I mean by this?

MW/3/AJ for Aldridge/Sergio Rodriguez/next year's Portland pick lottery protected. In this they get Conley and their badly needed Sf of the future.

I still don't see it though. They want to trade the guy in front of Aldridge...not Aldridge.

W

Quote:

How many titles have 7 foot perimeter players won? Zero.

If the refs call travel on Wade, Dirk had his last year. The NBA is changing. Dynamic 7 footers who can do it all are the wave of the future.

Have you seen Yi's right handed hook shot? He also can fake that and do a left handed up and under. Unstoppable. I like Aldridge but he is no Yi offensively.

Quote:

Dynamic 7 footers who can do it all are the wave of the future.

The prototype dynamic 7 footer, Mr MVP, got spanked in the first round. And it looks like two old fashiioned defensive minded teams will be in the Finals.

Quote:

Quote:

Dynamic 7 footers who can do it all are the wave of the future.

The prototype dynamic 7 footer, Mr MVP, got spanked in the first round. And it looks like two old fashiioned defensive minded teams will be in the Finals.

This is all about timing. If Yi came out last year when Gasol and Dirk were the craze, the hype would have been on him.

The real problem with Dirk is his lack of aggressiveness. Not his size or skillset. Yi is very aggressive.

I agree that we need to have a defensive minded team to become perennial championship threat, but Prz is not a long term solution.

As I mentioned in the other thread, Portland will overpay for Conley at #3, because that'll ensure that Oden will sign his next contract with Portland in 5 years. BK needs to hold firm and milk everything he can get from Portland. Settling for Prz is not enough.

Quote:

Yi is very aggressive.

And you know this how? From all of his games that you watched? Looks like the hype machine has you guy the short hairs.

Reading about his season it sounds to me like he finished the season rather poorly.

Quote:

Quote:

Yi is very aggressive.

And you know this how? From all of his games that you watched? Looks like the hype machine has you guy the short hairs.

I think when someone is an aggressive player, he's aggressive regardless of how his opponents are. He had a good game against US national team, when he had like a double double (can't remember the numbers)? LeBron and Elton Brand were praising him after the game. Yi looks like he plays with a chip in his shoulder, unlike Yao/Dirk.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yi is very aggressive.

I think when someone is an aggressive player, he's aggressive regardless of how his opponents are. He had a good game against US national team, when he had like a double double (can't remember the numbers)? LeBron and Elton Brand were praising him after the game. Yi looks like he plays with a chip in his shoulder, unlike Yao/Dirk.

The bottom line is that we need a pg and a center. yi is neither. Therefore if we pick him someone has to be traded to get a center (assuming we pick a pg at 11).

I am not entirely opposed to YI. What i am opposed to is putting a round peg in a square hole. We can't go another season with a gaping hole in the roster, either at center or pg.

Guest Walter

Quote:

As I mentioned in the other thread, Portland will overpay for Conley at #3, because that'll ensure that Oden will sign his next contract with Portland in 5 years. BK needs to hold firm and milk everything he can get from Portland. Settling for Prz is not enough.

...loses Oden. They'll never let him go and will match any deal offered him. He's not going to take a 1 year contract to walk just to HOPEFULLY play with Conley 4 years from now.

MUCH more likely would be Conley wouldn't be worth a max deal but Portland may try and sign and trade for him years from now.

It's just insane the notion that we should draft Conley to lure Oden. The NBA FAcy for such superstars doesn't work that way. Conley would MUCH more likely be the one to leave if anyone ever did. THAT is a reason NOT to draft Conley.

W

Jerry, right now the chip on his shoulder is a Hawksquawk fantasy because nobody has seen a chip on his shoulder. This is all the result of that Chad Ford article. That was the first step in this whole love affair with Yi.

We don't need another SF. Surely, that much is obvious. BTW,he didn't even START against the US in that game. He had like 12/10 and it was a blowout. Numbers when you lose by 40 aren't numbers at all.

Nobody on this site is qualified to even want this kid. We have made him out to be some fantasy Dirk. That is probably not happening. But, one thing we do know he is a SF and we have enough of those.