• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What do you guys know about Rodney Stuckey?

Wurider05

Saw him play one game against Washington, but don't remember much except he had 31 points. Big talent at a small school, hard to tell how good he really is because of the competition. Had to go to Eastern Washington because of his high school grades and then sat out the first year. Took school serious and got a 3.45 GPA his first year in college. Was league MVP as a freshman and College Insider Freshman of the Year. A 6'5" combo guard from near seattle - (sound like someone in Portland?).

His stats for this year show he had 30+ points nine or ten times and 10 assists three times. Seems to be more of a penetrate and score rather than a pure shooter. Being the only real option on his team, I'd worry if he CAN play team ball. I'd really like to see him in a workout against some known good players before I'd get too excited.

He is definitely staying in the draft 'cause he hired an agent.

Worth looking at.

• Moderators

Quote:

I was over on draftexpress.com looking at pg comparisons and his name was all over the place and he was ranked as the most efficient pg.

He is more of a combo guard - ala Dwayne Wade light. Nice prospect but I wouldn't want him running the show offensively in Atlanta.

• Premium Member

I think he's worth a look. This team really doesn't need a pure PG. We could use a PG who can both score and distribute when needed ala Billups or a Randy Foye. I keep seeing this guy compared to Randy Foye except he has better size which makes him a little more versatile. Hey, even if he completely flops at PG he would make a killer SG to bring off the bench or start if JJ could move to SF. I guess once workouts start we will have a much clearer picture if he is the real deal or not. All I can say is the Hawks CANNOT afford to skimp on the private workouts this time around. There's a lot of "hidden" talent in this draft.

If we made a trade, either of the ones mentioned today with Porland or Boston, we would get a pg and a center. If that is the case when 11 comes along, this kid could be a really nice option. Play either guard spot, offense off the bench. Looks like he could develop over the years. If that were the case we could add:

Jack and Aldridge and Stuckey or

Perkins, Conley and Stuckey.