• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Article on Real GM - Por/ATL trade

gutz

Guest Walter

Quote:

I hope this trade can somehow happen.

...consider Aldridge/Jack for Conley. An absolute steal for us and more importantly hinges Portland's fate on Randolph of all players.

Aldridge was the player I wanted 2nd after Bargnani last year and a lineup of:

Aldridge/ZaZa

JS/SW

MW/JC

JJ/JC

Jack

Would be nice...

At Critt/Hawes/Noah to that group as well. Simply a very good "beginning".

We'll eventually lose JC and/or MW due to salaries but oh well.

W

• Premium Member

Aldridge can play center. He's 6'11 and a good shotblocker. He played extremely well during the 2nd half of the season. With some of the centers that other teams field, he can definitely play center.

They might go for it if you throw in Marvin. He's from the NorthWest; their weakest position is SF; and we have too many forwards.

Besides wouldn't it make us feel good helping build the next NBA dynasty? (Oden, Randolph, Marvin, Roy, Conley)

Or we could have

Acie Law

Joe Johnson

Marvin Williams

Josh Smith

Yi Jianlian

How is LaMarcus Aldridge more fit for a big man than Yi Jianlian?

LaMarcus Aldridge is 6'10 237.

Yi is 7'0 245.

People say Yi plays like a SF but guess what?

LaMarcus Aldridge is a guy who was called out for playing like he was 6'7 as well.

Also aren't there questions about this guy's durability?

And he only played one year in school.

I'll take the highly decorated 7 footer who has been playing against grown men since 2003.

Quote:

Yi is 7'0 245.

LaMarcus Aldridge is a guy who was called out for playing like he was 6'7 as well.

I'll take the highly decorated 7 footer who has been playing against grown men since 2003.

I think it's ridiculous to suggest that there are more questions surrounding Aldridge at center than Yi at center. Is that really what you're trying to say?

Quote:

Quote:

Yi is 7'0 245.

I think it's ridiculous to suggest that there are more questions surrounding Aldridge at center than Yi at center. Is that really what you're trying to say?

He thinks that if you are a 7 footer, no matter WHAT your skill set is, it means you can play center.

• Premium Member

This trade is never going to happen. Portland fans HATE this deal, none of them would do it. I guess if their GM is desparate enough to pair Conley and Oden it's possible, but I doubt it.

Quote:

Or we could have

Acie Law

Joe Johnson

Marvin Williams

Josh Smith

Yi Jianlian

Yi is 7'0 245.

yea we could be just fine by using our own picks to get the players but with that trade. two fill our needs and plus one more. almost too good to be true. maybe we can ask the blazers to take speedy?

Aldrige is not a Center!! He looked good last year because the Blazers can play uptempo. That doesn't mean he will do well here. Aldrige still needs to put on some muscle. He was also the 4th pick last year so why would they give up the 4thpick of 2006 & a late first rounder for the #3pick?

There's no reason a trade with Portland wouldn't work. It makes both teams better. It's just about filling out each team's lineup, and Chill or Shelden could be throw in as well. Whatever is lost could be drafted at the 11 spot without affecting the Hawks starting rotation.

I'd be leery if portland is offering Aldridge if I am the Hawks. He's shown very good potential here, and the only reason they would consider trading jack and aldridge for the 3rd pick is if they think that his heart troubles are going to crop up again.

Pritchard is a wheeler dealer and trust me that is way too one-sided to sound like a good deal! smile.gif

And believe me after all of the freaking jail blazers jokes we've had to endure because of that jackass whitsitt the fact that aldridge is a literal choirboy is big points here. And you can bet your bottom dollar the GM for portland does indeed care what the fans here think after what we've been through.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=44

Yi Jianlian in particular is having some troubles against Bayi’s excellent frontcourt (for Chinese standards). He has been battling mainly against Wang Zhizhi and Mo Ke, both members of the Chinese National Team and both long, mobile and skilled guys. Yi is especially suffering scoring near the basket when he isn’t able to use his right-handed jump-hook from short distances (which is by the way looking pretty nice, with an excellent high release). He’s finding less space in the lane and more intimidation than usual, so he can’t operate as comfortably and his teammates don’t find him as easily. Simply put, he can’t just score over his rivals at will

Still, Yi has delivered a bit of everything regarding his offensive game. He has again shown his solid mid-range stroke, useful out to 20 feet, but still very inconsistent from the three-point line (1/6 in this series ). He has also attacked his match-ups off the dribble with both hands and decent handles, also exposing severe limitations to finish with his left, just as it happens when he plays from the post. Indeed, we haven’t seen much of his turnaround shot off the post, actually missing the very few times he put it on display. Anyway, he never found the rhythm to heat up from the field, and couldn’t lead his team with the games on the line; he couldn’t become a real go-to player.

On defense it was a bit of the same story. It’s not that Wang Zhizhi has exaggeratedly dominated him, but Yi has suffered trying to stop him. Still far from being a really physical defender (as we have stated before, he needs to use his body better and be more aggressive), Wang has been able to rely on his pure skills to outscore him . Besides, this time his frontcourt teammate Jason Dixon has not been as effective as in the semifinals, as his limited size doesn’t match well with Wang’s height and wingspan.

He will need a big adjustment in his defensive game from what he’s displaying in the CBA to what will be required in the NBA.